What has happened to our English Rose Liz?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember her first shows launching the LE range with her buddy from GMTV Steve Whately. She'd always bring some poor aloe vera plant that would get chopped every show. Even prior to her skin care launch she had written several books on health and beauty so she was always a businesswomen. She had bags under her eyes then. I have not seen her today I thought she had changed, obviously she is older now but I did wonder if botox had been used.
:happy: yes, that poor aloe vera plant used to be sliced and squeezed on every show. We don't see that now, I wonder if has gone to the big garden of Aloe Veras above.

:happy: yes, that poor aloe vera plant used to be sliced and squeezed on every show. We don't see that now, I wonder if has gone to the big garden of Aloe Veras above.

She mutilated it this afternoon. It was just like old times.

I didn't see her today so can't comment on how she looked. What I do know is that she made her millions of £££'s using the anti cruelty stance to the max then sold out to a company with one of the worst reps in the industry for animal testing! Even if Avon imply that they don't do it now, (their statements I've never found to be exactly crystal on this topic, more like muddy water tbh), they were known for being one of the most inhumane testers on animals.

So now she's duty bound to "vamp up" the image to be in keeping with the company she sold out to. I read loads of comments from people who felt they had been utterly betrayed by a brand & woman whom they trusted when LE made the sell out announcement. One has an image to maintain for a 25 day a year job you know :mysmilie_61:

Having seen her in the trailer I could be wrong but I'd say it's very much goodbye to au naturel and hello to bertie botox. (Something about her lips & forehead struck me straight away).

Last edited:
Change may be down to the new contract. She is contractually obliged to work 8 days a year (or something like that) for the company. When she owned it, it was promoted as a natural, soft, exclusive type of product line. This was reflected in the whole 'look' of the people representing the brand ie Liz. That has now changed, it's all about corporate branding and she has no control. Since the colour cosmetic range launched also, the look has changed. I imagine that Liz Earle as a company dictate the look and styling of ambassadors of the brand so Liz and Wotsit now wear and style themselves more in line with the new company ethos. Liz Earle as a brand has evolved and no longer focuses on Liz and IOW as much. Just sayin' :)
I suppose you could be right, she most probably has changed along with her products.

I didn't see her today so can't comment on how she looked. What I do know is that she made her millions of £££'s using the anti cruelty stance to the max then sold out to a company with one of the worst reps in the industry for animal testing! Even if Avon imply that they don't do it now, (their statements I've never found to be exactly crystal on this topic, more like muddy water tbh), they were one of the most inhumane testers on animals.

So now she's duty bound to "vamp up" the image to be in keeping with the company she sold out to. I read loads of comments from people who felt they had been utterly betrayed by a brand & woman whom they trusted when LE made the sell out announcement.

One of the reasons why I bought most of her products was because of "the natural and the aloe vera and eucalyptus"sell."
She had a large number of customers over here, and knowing how wealthy she and her husband is, she could have resisted the temptations to sell to Avon. It was not as though her company was struggling financially that she was forced to sell out (as far as I know anyway)

She looks absolutely amazing to me, no doubt helped by the lighting, make up artist and hairdresser, but I'm still jealous!
I really miss seeing Liz on the shows, the lookalikes are boring and off putting. The prices are rising rapidly I notice.
Don't think she would have botox but above the eyelid area looks very odd!

I think Lady Liz has gone all Carol Vordeman-and it doesn't suit her...but then she is a role model for all those AVON ladies ding dong!!

She looks absolutely amazing to me, no doubt helped by the lighting, make up artist and hairdresser, but I'm still jealous!
I really miss seeing Liz on the shows, the lookalikes are boring and off putting. The prices are rising rapidly I notice.
Don't think she would have botox but above the eyelid area looks very odd!
Don't know why you are jealous:bear: I am sure people like you for who you are.
I never look at a person's skin (unless there is something drastic, or big scars etc then I see because there is no other option and wonder what happened)

LE so had botox in her forehead area just above nose, the elevencies area. Probably had touch ups to the rest of her face.

Last edited:
No Avon calling or even hinted at during the show I'm watching now on Q, (cheeky so & so's)!
Also no mention of the change of ingredients in the C&P, just a good load of nostalgia, (always sells, nostalgia) :wink:

Jealous Mink? I wouldn't be Sweetie, I've not seen anyone as botoxed up in a long time as LE. (Don't think she's actually had the lips done, but they rest of her face has certainly been acquanted with the magic needle I think).

LE's range isn't even great value anymore when you consider Elemis & Decleor TSV's & hasn't been for some time.

LE sounds like she can hardly be bothered to be there, (probably thinking about some exotic location she's going to after this for real pampering a la 6* stylee).

Sorry to write such a negative post but all this adoration spouted by the pair of them for the brand, (the one sold to Avon after getting millions of loyal customers who bought into the original brand for the ethics it stood for), it's really quite nausiating. :puke: Didn't really trust much of what is said by AY before, certainly won't now.

The Superdrug hot cloth cleanser is easily as good as C&P and at £4.99 or less great value.

I stand by what Ive always said about hissing liz....hard as nails that one!!

The Superdrug hot cloth cleanser is easily as good as C&P and at £4.99 or less great value.

I stand by what Ive always said about hissing liz....hard as nails that one!!

I remember years ago LS when she had T caller after T caller. Fair play, her products were good value in those days for many, (not for me, bought me out in red hives on my face so had to stop using asap). One lady who called live on air said that she loved her products because they were all natural to which LE replied something like "Well petrol's natural but I wouldn't want that on my face, it has to be beneficial natural ingredients". She then did a sort of affected laugh, I felt so sorry for the poor woman who called in.
I find her voice rather patronising, false & irritating tbh. She was ok at the start but like we've said before how many times can they go on & on & on about the same things?!

Oh yes, camphor & eucalyptus, (found in some LE key products when I tried them), are the direct opposite of beneficial for many as they cause reactions to various skin types! Minim posted an excellent well researched & independent write up on some of the likley causes of breakouts, not surprisingly these were high up there on the list. Silicone was generally praised and was confirmed as being scientifically impossible to clog pores when applied properly/lightly. Been invaluable to burns recovery victims apparently. Great in a light application primer as allows the skin the breathe whilst keeping the moisturiser in place & allowing it to have optimum effects. Not bad for a synthetic product I'd say!

Last edited:
I remember years ago LS when she had T caller after T caller. Fair play, her products were good value in those days for many, (not for me, bought me out in red hives on my face so had to stop using asap). One lady who called live on air said that she loved her products because they were all natural to which LE replied something like "Well petrol's natural but I wouldn't want that on my face, it has to be beneficial natural ingredients". She then did a sort of affected laugh, I felt so sorry for the poor woman who called in.
I find her voice rather patronising, false & irritating tbh. She was ok at the start but like we've said before how many times can they go on & on & on about the same things?!

Oh yes, camphor & eucalyptus, (found in some LE key products when I tried them), are the direct opposite of beneficial for many as they cause reactions to various skin types! Minim posted an excellent well researched & independent write up on some of the likley causes of breakouts, not surprisingly these were high up there on the list. Silicone was generally praised and was confirmed as being scientifically impossible to clog pores when applied properly/lightly. Been invaluable to burns recovery victims apparently. Great in a light application primer as allows the skin the breathe whilst keeping the moisturiser in place & allowing it to have optimum effects. Not bad for a synthetic product I'd say!

Good post Nikki:bear:
Before there was both the like and thanks buttons...........some of the posts deserve both of them, but now we don't have the option.

In the days when I used LE stuff it was the C & P (original), the lovely skin tonic, and either the skin repair or the superskin moisturiser. The superskin concentrate brought me out in a rash as did anything with camphor (brightening treatment) and the facial exfoliator. To be fair these latter 2 products did say not for sensitive skin on the tube. I continued with the C&P when the formula changed but I didn't like it as much. I think if they had stuck with the old version I would still be using it now as it was a lovely cleanser.

Selling to Avon leaves a bad taste in my mouth although not so bad as I own a couple of Avon products which I like. It's the philosophy of the brand and ethos, which I think has been tarnished. Reducing the IOW staff left a bad taste and I don't think it will be long before the products all change for the worse.

No point in buying LE colour cosmetics. It's just way overpriced Avon make up IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Good post Nikki:bear:
Before there was both the like and thanks buttons...........some of the posts deserve both of them, but now we don't have the option.
Thanks Caretodiffer, very much appreciated & glad I'm not the only one! When I write contraversial posts I always feel I'm taking a leap of faith when pressing the send button. I really don't mean to be the angel of doom on this thread but I honestly find the Avon sell out of LE an insult to my intelligence having seen the show where absolutley no mention was made of it.

Last edited:
I caught the 5pm show, I thought the only thing different about her was longer hair and perhaps a slight weight loss (though I really hate to say that, cos I know how I feel when people comment on my slender frame). I definitely feel as though the spark has perhaps gone from her as regards the business - we won't really ever know if she and Kim resigned or were gently nudged.

The last few things I had from the range I felt were definitely not as they used to be. The consistency/smell of the Orange Flower body wash was different for one. My mother has commented on the Cleanse and Polish not being as effective, though she still loves the Tonic/Moisturiser.

As regards the issue of natural ingredients, the Brightening Treatment with camphor in it gave me a horrid reaction, it was naturally active but in the wrong way :wink:

I agree with many of the points made here, I still think she looks good but has sold her soul for cash and it's no longer possible to trust anything she says. Price hikes, ingredients change with no acknowledgement, sell out to Avon with no acknowledgement, all make me distrustful of the brand.
However, can we say that makes LE any different from Elemis etc. they are all doing it for money, not love, and LE didn't get where she is today by being fluffy. I buy very little LE now because of the above but am looking forward to the perfume they are making to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Chelsea Flower Show. Now £47 I see!
And another thing, could those be hair extensions or add ons of some sort? Her hair is getting thicker each year, not many people experience that.

I bet any of the ladies here can look as good if not better than Liz.

If they had their own makeup artist and stylist with them.

I did catch a bit of the show at 9 pm, and def the soft light was back. AY looked all soft and glowy and bags not jumping out at us.

Liz, "Oh bugger. I have to do QVC today, its one of the 25 days a year I must work." Big sigh.

No Avon calling or even hinted at during the show I'm watching now on Q, (cheeky so & so's)!
Also no mention of the change of ingredients in the C&P, just a good load of nostalgia, (always sells, nostalgia) :wink:

Jealous Mink? I wouldn't be Sweetie, I've not seen anyone as botoxed up in a long time as LE. (Don't think she's actually had the lips done, but they rest of her face has certainly been acquanted with the magic needle I think).

LE's range isn't even great value anymore when you consider Elemis & Decleor TSV's & hasn't been for some time.

LE sounds like she can hardly be bothered to be there, (probably thinking about some exotic location she's going to after this for real pampering a la 6* stylee).

Sorry to write such a negative post but all this adoration spouted by the pair of them for the brand, (the one sold to Avon after getting millions of loyal customers who bought into the original brand for the ethics it stood for), it's really quite nausiating. :puke: Didn't really trust much of what is said by AY before, certainly won't now.

Have to agree with this - particularly about the value compared to other high end brands on QVc.I've never bought Elemis etc as I can't afford to upkeep them - but I did used to buy LE.Not anymore though...I just don't see the value.Its taken a while but I've found a good cheaper alternative.I still buy the shampoos for my son but thats a necessity rather than a luxury (its the only one that doesn't affect his scalp) but in all honesty,I've really gone off her and whole brand - its evident to me,particularly on QVC that she can't be bothered.

Latest posts

Back