What has happened to our English Rose Liz?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
One thing that struck me the first time I saw Liz Earle was her simple style of a country lady -fashion, twin sets or very "Laura Ashley" type of clothes and her fresh face and very innocent look...saying that she had suffered from eczema and that her products helped her affected skin.Looking at her lovely skin then, encouraged me to by her products and I bought almost all her TSVs. I used her Cleanse and Polish, even though I hardly used any make-up.

I am seeing her now at 13.40 hrs, she looks so very different, no longer the the English rose, gone are the fresh coloured clothes, and fresh looks. She has her hair coloured (don't think it suits her....looks more like Cruella De Vile, just different colours , I know)and no more Laura Ashley looks now.
I remember her , looking shy and joking with Alison Young in her shows and very keen to be in Alison's good books, thankful to Alison's help in "selling" her products
Haven't times changed!!
We have created this very business looking woman, carefully made up and coiffured, clad in expensive clothes and jewellery. She now does not need Alison, because, now her products are well established and they sell themselves(thanks to the QVC customers).
She now comes across high and mighty and at least to me, no longer the the person who made me want to buy her products.

I did think he skin didnt look as gd as usual , especially the the peirced lines above her lips everytime she spoke.

I did think he skin didnt look as gd as usual , especially the the peirced lines above her lips everytime she spoke.

She is selling products to make people look better, but if she does not look good herself, she is no good advert for her products. She has got very visible bags under her eyes too, and if her eye products are so good, should she have them?:thinking:

Haha yes i forgot about the eye bags lol i was transfixed or the lines above her lips, ud think she was 40cigs a day kinda girl however i very much doubt shes ever smoked in her life. I agree its not a great advert when ur selling (Avons :wink:)skin care

I thought she looked fab for a 50 yr old. A much better advert for her products than keeley or Andrew.

I noticed yesterday when Caroline was on that the soft coloured clothes had gone. Both Liz and Caroline usually dressed to match the colour of the packaging.

One thing that struck me the first time I saw Liz Earle was her simple style of a country lady -fashion, twin sets or very "Laura Ashley" type of clothes and her fresh face and very innocent look...saying that she had suffered from eczema and that her products helped her affected skin.Looking at her lovely skin then, encouraged me to by her products and I bought almost all her TSVs. I used her Cleanse and Polish, even though I hardly used any make-up.

I am seeing her now at 13.40 hrs, she looks so very different, no longer the the English rose, gone are the fresh coloured clothes, and fresh looks. She has her hair coloured (don't think it suits her....looks more like Cruella De Vile, just different colours , I know)and no more Laura Ashley looks now.
I remember her , looking shy and joking with Alison Young in her shows and very keen to be in Alison's good books, thankful to Alison's help in "selling" her products
Haven't times changed!!
We have created this very business looking woman, carefully made up and coiffured, clad in expensive clothes and jewellery. She now does not need Alison, because, now her products are well established and they sell themselves(thanks to the QVC customers).
She now comes across high and mighty and at least to me, no longer the the person who made me want to buy her products.

I dont remember Liz Earle being like that with AY!!

AY wouldnt appear with LE for years, and when they finally where on air together, it always seemed to be a shouting match over who could talk loudest/longest etc.

I certainly never felt LE was in anyway grateful to AY!

LE had been on tv for years before QVC (had her own lunchtime series I remember) and I never got the impression she felt she was anything other than the important one! :wink:

liz earle looks corporate and very stunning and polished as always. at least she has not had loads of work done and pretends its her products.

I thought she looked good for a woman of her age - would that be mid forties? I thought her eyes looked very open - eye surgery perhaps?
We are kidding ourselves if we think that all these lotions and creams make much difference. It is all in the genes. If your mum looked younger than her age you may inherit the youthful looks as well.
The lotions and creams will help with dry skin and exfoliating but that is about all. I use the stuff because I now have the to e to apply these products and enjoy it. When I was younger I was too busy doing things to bother too much and now being o,der it is more difficult to look presentable without doing hair and makeup

I thought she looked good for a woman of her age - would that be mid forties? I thought her eyes looked very open - eye surgery perhaps?
We are kidding ourselves if we think that all these lotions and creams make much difference. It is all in the genes. If your mum looked younger than her age you may inherit the youthful looks as well.
The lotions and creams will help with dry skin and exfoliating but that is about all. I use the stuff because I now have the to e to apply these products and enjoy it. When I was younger I was too busy doing things to bother too much and now being o,der it is more difficult to look presentable without doing hair and makeup

I agree to what you say about the lotions and creams, iloveshopping....if they were so wonderful, the QVC presenters won't be having all the eye bags and wrinkles, would they, because they get a chance to try out the stuff:happy:
Like you I too enjoy using some of the stuff, like Elemis ,simply because I think I am pampering myself.

I thought she looked good. Different but good. I think the biggest difference was the darker hair colour. I thought Liz was about my age (50) and whatever you think of her products she has good genes. She is a dolly face ... large eyes, full mouth, chubby cheeks ... and the dolly faces amongst tend to age well. Yay my mum for her dolly face genes!!

I think she looks good for er age.Yes her lovely Laura Ashley Soft Focus look has gone - but did you know anything about LE before she became the LE of QVC? I remember her as an 80's sloan...with very coloured short hair,the collar up and pearls!

lol as another OP has said - Avon product these days - well I think just over three years.

I think she looks great and I remember that 80s sloan look too, then mother earth with her organic farm which I assume she still has and brood of beautiful children and now attractive, together and business like - I think she has sported her current style for some time now and if I look as good as her at her age I'll be well pleased - I'm almost 39 in a few days and would say my skin is much worse than hers (although admittedly life hasn't always been easy).

I wonder if she does actually still use the products lol quite a few peeps on LE facebook have said recent tubes of skin repair smell funny and a couple have commented on cleanse and polish - I enjoyed using the range but am allergic to most of it sadly but like the lash care base and mascara - I DON'T however like it being owned by Avon - no matter what that say I find it hard to remove the Liz Earle brand with it's leaping bunny from the alleged animal testing of its parent company :(

Her veneers/crowns don't look too bad either!

I used to use LE products all the time but since C&P changed and the price increased........................

I thought she was 48????? So not in her 50s yet.

I will say Liz knows all about image, she was brought in years back to revamp Lorraine Kelly. Never watched the latest shows, so didn't know she had dropped the special soft golden light she always appeared with.

I remember someone who worked behind the scenes on QVC used to post on st.com. They told us what a diva Liz was, had to have her own dressing room, makeup artist brought with her and of course the special soft focus lighting.

Her forehead looked very shall we say "Frozen" the eyebrows didnt move at all :wonder:

Took a look and thought she looked very pretty. Not buying though. LE was my first Q purchase and I broke out in red bumps. Love the arches in her eyebrows, but agree with Autumn, her forehead hardly moved. But I don't watch her shows at all so cannot comment on 'any recent changes'. Ain'tSpeculatin'Snarly

I remember her first shows launching the LE range with her buddy from GMTV Steve Whately. She'd always bring some poor aloe vera plant that would get chopped every show. Even prior to her skin care launch she had written several books on health and beauty so she was always a businesswomen. She had bags under her eyes then. I have not seen her today I thought she had changed, obviously she is older now but I did wonder if botox had been used.

Change may be down to the new contract. She is contractually obliged to work 8 days a year (or something like that) for the company. When she owned it, it was promoted as a natural, soft, exclusive type of product line. This was reflected in the whole 'look' of the people representing the brand ie Liz. That has now changed, it's all about corporate branding and she has no control. Since the colour cosmetic range launched also, the look has changed. I imagine that Liz Earle as a company dictate the look and styling of ambassadors of the brand so Liz and Wotsit now wear and style themselves more in line with the new company ethos. Liz Earle as a brand has evolved and no longer focuses on Liz and IOW as much. Just sayin' :)

I noticed that Caroline was wearing a black pencil skirt and a red top/cardigan when on air yesterday, and wondered about that. I liked the floaty seafoam green dresses better, but other than that I don't have much of an opinion. I thought Liz looked pretty but LE is a range I am using on and off whenever they have a good offer so I don't have any real brand loyalty to it.

Latest posts

Back