What happens to beauty returns?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

speckledhen

Registered Shopper
I know that a lot of us have ordered beauty items which when received have obviously been tried by someone else - but what is supposed to happen to beauty returns? Does anyone know the procedure - I would love to know if there is a team of people checking the returns to see if they are fit to go out again!

I will say they do a random check, but if it looks okay on the outside could send it out again.

I have heard that there is beauty in the Outlets. Its suppose to be the brand takes the hit on returns.

I've had several beauty returns in the past, I say past because I don't shop with QVC now especially when nearly everything can be bought cheaper elsewhere, but I think they just get lobbed back in the pile they come from in the warehouse, customer care don't accept this problem happens and you can hear the disbelief in their voice when you ring to tell them that they're being sneaky trying to pass off second hand goods as new, it's totally unacceptable.

I'm of the opinion that they do put at least some of the returns back into circulation. Perhaps I'm cynical but I can't imagine they don't try to get maximum profit for everything, unless it's clearly damaged. No doubt others have had the same experience as me when shopping in stores (such as Boots chemists, Superdrug, etc) and have picked up a beauty item and found that it looks suspiciously like someone has already tried it out in the shop! Hand cream used to be the worst for this, I now unscrew the top first to have a look: I learnt my lesson after buying a tube of hand cream, bringing it home from the shops, taking the lid off and finding it was clear someone had already "sampled it" - and someone with not very clean hands, either. It wasn't expensive, and I simply chucked it away, but if I'd spent pounds on it I would have been angry, so now I check everything. Even with testers available for some products - and vigilant staff - it's probably impossible to stop this happening completely unless you put everything in tamper-proof packaging to sell it or have those plastic bits you have to break off before using. Shopperholic, I'm the same as you, just don't buy from QVC. There are so many outlets for beauty and toiletry products now - including my local Asda, which has some brilliant deals on toiletries and make-up, and the Pound Shops are also good for branded items. When you factor in Q's p & p, which is a total joke, plus the fact that it may not arrive undamaged, then I would feel totally ripped-off.

They often HATE you returning anything - many moons ago, I returned a quite expensive gold ring, as for one thing they flatly refused to supply any properly-itemised invoice or certificate of authenticity - and you could hear the disbelief in the Operator's voice, sort of "how dare you stoop to returning anything to us?" type of inflexion in her voice. Needless to say, she had a short, sharp answer fired back at her and was told to learn some customer service skills. I'm sure they do have some good customer service staff too, but a lot of them are quite abrupt and snotty.

I've had several beauty returns in the past, I say past because I don't shop with QVC now especially when nearly everything can be bought cheaper elsewhere, but I think they just get lobbed back in the pile they come from in the warehouse, customer care don't accept this problem happens and you can hear the disbelief in their voice when you ring to tell them that they're being sneaky trying to pass off second hand goods as new, it's totally unacceptable.

Last edited:
They definitely re dispatch beauty returns as I once got a supersize Elemis cleanser and toner and the cleaner already had the pump attached whereas normally the pump comes separately and you attach it yourself.

I know that a lot of us have ordered beauty items which when received have obviously been tried by someone else - but what is supposed to happen to beauty returns? Does anyone know the procedure - I would love to know if there is a team of people checking the returns to see if they are fit to go out again!

Probably go to the QVC facebook bloggers who are always after freebies :mysmilie_15:

DF is after all freebies atm for her jumble sale, Her BTY followers are travelling across the county to get to her house bless them lol.

I bet they neighbours are all ready and geared up for that street party when DF leaves, Lambrusco at the ready.......... the house prices are gonna soar! :mysmilie_14:

They do sell beauty items in the outlet shops, but have recently cracked down on selling only items that look unused due to health and hygiene issues.
Customer services have always been very polite to me and told me that all opened returns go to outlet shops, however, my mother bought a Getech Airam with dirt already in it, so I think things sometimes get put in the wrong pile.
I also bought a Panasonic plasma TV from the outlet shop which was a return, but hadn't been taken out of the box - bargain :mysmilie_14:

I posted this a few years ago, A lot of stuff allegedly gets dumped at the rubish/rycycling dump in Kirby. People get their mits on it and sell it on making ££££
I was told this by a person who works for the council and I was shocked.

I posted this a few years ago, A lot of stuff allegedly gets dumped at the rubish/rycycling dump in Kirby. People get their mits on it and sell it on making ££££
I was told this by a person who works for the council and I was shocked.

Bet that was before DF rejoined Q, No way would she let anyone get there mitts on stuff she could sell at her jumble sale!!

I can only say for one factory that supplies 4 of the beauty brands...the factory get all the returns back. If it's a TSV they start arriving in the factory 2 weeks after launch usually. Then they trickle in for a while. Other items come back on a regular basis. Often the goods are untouched.

I can only say for one factory that supplies 4 of the beauty brands...the factory get all the returns back. If it's a TSV they start arriving in the factory 2 weeks after launch usually. Then they trickle in for a while. Other items come back on a regular basis. Often the goods are untouched.

Can you say which 4 brands they are cariad?

I don't know if the mods would like it. I don't mind saying but had better check first so I don't get in trouble. ��
Mods: Can I say the names of the brands or would you rather I didn't?

I don't know if the mods would like it. I don't mind saying but had better check first so I don't get in trouble. ��
Mods: Can I say the names of the brands or would you rather I didn't?

Based on your user name would it be something that is manufactured in South Wales or maybe I'm on the wrong track?

To be fair, the factory company website already state the brands they manufacture and comes up on first page of Google search, so it's not really a big secret. Okay, if this is top secret I will rely on the mods to delete or edit it pls. The four brands manufactured in Wales factory is Leighton Denny nails, tan and lippie, James Read, Philip Kingsley, and Joan Collins. They do other brands too but not sure of any others on QVC.

This is sensible strategy to limit the products being hugely discounted on ebay or other secondary markets. Then they can control the sell off of returns through TKMaxx outlets, I presume.

Latest posts

Back