What did QVC add to your Christmas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Did your £50 remote controlled flameless candles wow your guests when you "ignited" them from afar?

Did everyone luxuriate under a sumptuous Kelly Hoppen bedspread? Was it worth the money so that they could lightly run their fingertips over the subtle, honeycomb weave as their legs slid further down the 9million thread count cotton sheets?

Did your Kitchen Aid help you to knock up a fabulous Christmas pudding?

Were the guests delighted by the L'Occitane Bonne Mere savonettes in the en-suite bathroom?

Did the Decleor and Alpha H make your visage and décolleté look glowing and radiant?

Did you wow the guests in an Indigo Moon cardigan and a dusky pink Michele Hope Cami?

Did QVC play any part in your Christmas at all? Did it bring any quality, value convenience or amusement to your life?

No Julius it didn't really. We can all live without the table gifts, tacky ornaments etc. I didn't have to buy for a teacher, dog walker, cleaner. I managed without QVC very nicely.

I didnt buy anything Christmas related from Q this year.last year I got an Alison Cork glitter tree .Its OK .i find it useful for hanging cards on .

I too managed quite well without QVC.No Kelly Hoppen induced slumber on Christmas Eve for me.A large slug of rum ensured a good night's sleep . Christmas presents and festive goodies were all courtesy of elsewhere.(and no bl*****table gifts)

My Christmas beared no resemblance to la la la land at QVC - no well dressed folk grinning maniacally as clean looking kids opened their presents, no being dressed in finery at a funfair being given gifts, and certainly no dog causing mayhem around a collapsed Christmas tree. As above, there were no table gifts, no 'visiting' gifts, no polystyrene glittery covered stags that would fit in an outside kennel, no tacky morphing battery lights/candles.

BUT I did have a blissfully quiet Chrimbo with some well thought gifts from friends, a visit to Midnight Mass, and donations to the Salvation Army and animal charities. Who needs QVC ???

Has anyone noticed that of all the decorations for sale on Q, there has never been a Nativity scene ? I don't accept that it may 'offend' other religions because if they are heavily promoting Christmas, then the Nativity is the reason why there IS Christmas.

The only thing I 'got' from Q was to turn it off and watch proper tv or listen to the radio. I don't think I will ever buy from them again as it's mostly tat clothing, expensive skin care and make up and thendreaded R.J. Not for me any more.

Nope not one single thing for my Christmas came from QVC. Nothing, zilch, nowt, and so on. My sole purchases this year are margaret dabbs footfile and cream and CH bedding. I didn`t even bother with the ABC tsv.
Q`s fancy ads, hard sell and crap products, not to mention high p and p and dodgy delivery service don`t encourage me to use them.

The only thing I ordered from QVC was the Kipling TSV and sods law I got the wrong colour, it was my husband's Christmas present to me. So now I have to wait for the returns label and then wait for the money to be refunded into my account, that's without the fath of taking it to the Post Office. What did QVC add to my Christmas, disappointment and a lot of hassle!

The only thing I ordered from QVC was the Kipling TSV and sods law I got the wrong colour, it was my husband's Christmas present to me. So now I have to wait for the returns label and then wait for the money to be refunded into my account, that's without the fath of taking it to the Post Office. What did QVC add to my Christmas, disappointment and a lot of hassle!

Sorry to hear that, Yes. Hopefully they will send you the right colour.

Seems like QVC played very little part in anyone's life this Christmas. Just imagine how a "QVC christmas" would go.

PART 1: The guest would arrive at the beautiful detached house in a 4x4 and walk up to the door toting a cubic zircon.... I mean Diamonique gift in her Lulu Guiness handbag. The host would fling open the door and kiss the guest on both cheeks, twice, give a big smile and invite them in. The guest would then take out the beautifully wrapped gift and offer it to the host:

Guest: Darling! It's been so long since I've seen you!
Host: Too long! (Looks at gift) Ooooh THANK you. I simply could not LIVE without one of these.
Guest: You haven't opened it yet!
Host: Oh, erm. I've just got a "feeling," you know!
Guest: A feeling, yes!
Host: Nice top, by the way.
Guest: It's Michele Hope, from her "Blissful" collection.
Host: It's almost as good as the one I got. My girlfriend Shirley, she's coming round later you'll meet her, complimented me on it when we met up for a latte in Costa.
Guest: Was it a skinny latte?
Host: No, semi. Come to think about it I must do a couple of hours on my new Pilates machine. I'll just show you my new gym. You'll like your bedroom. We've just done it up with a Kelly Hoppen throw, tiffany lamp and ensuite bathroom. I've put a fig and honeysuckle Yankee candle on your dressing table along with some Andi Peters nibbles!
Guest: I know you'll like your gift. I knew you'd get me something equally thoughtful.
Host: Of course I ...did. It's in my gifting cupboard. I'll give to you later, hun. Settle in first! (TO BE CONTINUED)

My glass candle sleeves looked pretty with the tea lights and the Christmas yankee provided nice room scents (I know, I sound like a d*ck lol). The new dog loves the KH furry blanket so he was happy curled up watching the telly. The green seasons will be eaten into the new year and I'm looking forward to that.

CC

Sorry to hear that, Yes. Hopefully they will send you the right colour.[/QUOTE

No, it's on wait list! Have decided I can live without and went shopping in the DHS instead. Got some No7 gift sets reduced to half price. QVC's loss!

My present was the Fitbit TSV. Other than that I did buy some lights for the trees in the garden. Nothing else.

I had QVC on in the background while wrapping presents for my ever-growing *family. It will be on again tomorrow while I clear up the mess !

(*Ever-growing due to 5 nieces and nephews in their 20s and 30's with their partners, babies, stepchildren etc, for whom I like to buy 'token' gifts).

I didn't buy anything specifically for Christmas from them this year but I did start using one of the shower gels I got in a recent Philosophy TSV on Christmas Day - vanilla fig - very nice it is too. I actually made a point of not flicking onto the channel or their website on Christmas Day or Boxing Day and managed to abstain yesterday too. When I next tune in, I'm anticipating no sign of Christmas or mention of the "party season" and it will be all about Valentine's Day and "getting your body ready for spring".

Last edited:
I bought some giftmate bags - I love them & qvc has the best price for them.
I bought my daughter the Liz Earle TSV for xmas, she's a big LE fan.
My daughter bought my grandson some track they sell, she already had some I'd bought for peanuts secondhand on a Facebook selling site & when I was collecting I asked the woman where she got it - QVC. It's brilliant track, little multicoloured segments that click together & are REALLY robust. You can keep adding & make it as big as you like, it was so brilliant my daughter bought another set from QVC to expand it. Takes other cars for those interested - like hot wheels & matchbox.

Santa Express Decorative Musical Candle Bridge

I bought the above, and it is a big hit with my little great grandson. It was well worth the money and the music is very good.If I had read some of the reviews I doubt I would have bought it, makes you wonder what some people expect for their money, or maybe I was just lucky and got a good one, and it didn't break the bank. :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back