What brush do you use to apply your Bare Escentuals powder?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kath

Registered Shopper
I haven't found any good reviews about the cosmetic brush that is supplied with the powder foundation. The brush keeps shedding hairs, scratchy on face etc... I do tend to buy good quality brushes and just wondered what other people use?

I use the BE brush provided with the foundation, I own a few on them. I get on really well with mine, I don't find it scratchy and shedding isn't really a problem either.

I use the Ultimate buffing brush from Just Beauty Direct,:goldstar I have the set of three and they are the softest brushes I have ever found they NEVER shed any hairs at all. I also love my Smashbox brushes.

I found the BE brushes too harsh so I use Smashbox brush #19 for powder application and #1 for mineral veil.

I use the smashbox #19 and also #29 which comes with the smashbox halo (also good mineral foundation and the grater system is so much better as it doesn't waste anywhere). Smashbox brushes are the best I have found.

Another vote for Smashbox - the brush that came with Halo. I never got on with BE until I tried it with this brush, now I love it. Mind you, I love Halo too:D. I'm a make-up tart :p

I use the ultimate kabuki brush from Jayne's site and it is gloriously soft and effective. The worst brushes I have tried are the Laura Geller ones - so scratchy and nasty to the touch.

another vote here for the ultimate brushes from justbeauty....to be honest, since using them, i'd never use anything else...they are brilliant!!!!

Smashbox #29 brush from the Halo Hydrating foundation is the best I have ever had. I find the BE brushes irritate my face.

BE Kabuki brush is really soft and I prefer this to the Flawless Face brush which after continuous cleaning has become scratchy.

i find the BE soft focus brush or the handy buki brush far better than the flawless face brush. i have also heard good reviews about the long handled kabuki brush and the premium flat top brush both available online from everyday minerals

The brush that comes with the foundation is awful IMO I prefer either the smashbox 19 or the new full flawless face brush from BE, I don't like their kabuki brush ether found it very scratchy but, their heavenly kabuki brush is heaps better and a lot softer :)

Same here with the B.E brush..I kept getting ~zapped~ with it :mad:..now use a brush I got with Tova face/eye powder ages ago, it's really soft (wish qvc would bring back more tova make up :rolleyes:)

daydreamer

I use the Ultimate buffing brush from Just Beauty Direct,:goldstar I have the set of three and they are the softest brushes I have ever found they NEVER shed any hairs at all. I also love my Smashbox brushes.

I second Ultimate! When I use BE, I use their big kabuki. Super soft!

I have several Bare escentuals brushes and I use them I too don't have any problems with them . though the one that came with the last TSV is lovely and soft.

Latest posts

Back