What action should QVC bosses take re the "slapping" incident?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What action should QVC bosses take regarding Alison Young and the slapping incident?

• No action, it was lighthearted fun.

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • A quiet word, its not the first time this has happened...

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • A formal reprimand for unacceptable behaviour... we have our eye on you Alison

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • Dismissal. Touve done it once too often love, get your cards.

Votes: 16 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
as things stand over 60 people have voted so clearly don't think its pathetic. so why dont you just get stuffed.

I think she(leopard_print) is entitled to her opinion whether you agree with it or not !
I don't think it's necessary to tell someone to get stuffed if you disagree with them

Pathetic poll!!! Get over it, there are far worse things happening, if Lee is bothered by it then it is up to her to complain, not everyone else.

One of your fellow colleagues in the Forum Police suggested a new thread was started about Alison's on-screen behaviour. This has now been done and it is blatantly obvious from the title of the thread what it was about so I do wonder why on earth you've decided to read it, since you think it's so unimportant and worse things are happening!

I think she(leopard_print) is entitled to her opinion whether you agree with it or not !
I don't think it's necessary to tell someone to get stuffed if you disagree with them

But it's fine for leopard_print to call some-one's poll 'pathetic' and tell them to 'get over it?'

she's completely entitled to her opinion but if she's going to be rude to me in expressing it she can expect the same treatment in return.:wait:
what is it with some FM's that they cant express an opposing view without being shrieky and offensive to other FM's?

Last edited:
Telling someone to get stuffed is worse than saying a poll is pathethic. The behaviour of certain formites on here is shocking. Especially when I remember than many of you are older ladies.

BurlyBear you are no better than what you are complaining about as I know you are NOT joking. And this klarionwhitch person, i am not a troll, just fed up with the behaviour of certain people. You wouldn't be so nasty if I agreed with you would you? I thought things might be more mature in this forum, sadly I was wrong.

Thought this was a forum for discussing the products qvc sell?

Last edited:
There is no need for all these personal attacks and rudeness. Discuss the issue properly or I will have no option but to close the thread.

Telling someone to get stuffed is worse than saying a poll is pathethic. The behaviour of certain formites on here is shocking. Especially when I remember than many of you are older ladies.

BurlyBear you are no better than what you are complaining about as I know you are NOT joking. And this klarionwhitch person, i am not a troll, just fed up with the behaviour of certain people. You wouldn't be so nasty if I agreed with you would you? I thought things might be more mature in this forum, sadly I was wrong.

Thought this was a forum for discussing the products qvc sell?

discussing products hmm.... is that what you were thinking when you posted a description of another presenter as a "hard faced moo" who is "sharp and snappy"?

i'm not just going to sit here and let you call my thread pathetic and be told to "get over it" by you, who do you think you are?
AY can apparently do no wrong in some people's eyes. that's fine, by all means support your favourites but there's no need to diss other people or their threads in the process. if you do that to me then i'm afraid you can expect me to retaliate.

If you read a newspaper and see a headline you are not interested in, you do not bother to read the article. Same goes here, we do have an index which clearly states content, and when it doesn't, well, read the first post and return to index if it doesn't appeal. I love the polls on here and hope they continue.

Oh dear. This is so not necessary. We are all entitled to our opinion & that can be aired without insults & becoming nasty to each other. There is a PM function to express your anger personally at someone.

discussing products hmm.... is that what you were thinking when you posted a description of another presenter as a "hard faced moo" who is "sharp and snappy"?

i'm not just going to sit here and let you call my thread pathetic and be told to "get over it" by you, who do you think you are?
AY can apparently do no wrong in some people's eyes. that's fine, by all means support your favourites but there's no need to diss other people or their threads in the process. if you do that to me then i'm afraid you can expect me to retaliate.
This scenario happens so often doesn't it?? The pious followers of certain presenters (or would that be relatives :mysmilie_845:) and defenders of the QVC faith :rolleyes: who are so quick to pull other fms up, often turn out to be hypocrites who forget how easy it is to look at their previous posts.:grin:

As for your retaliation...very mild imho :angel: I would have said feck off and post in an AY appreciation thread if you don't like Gobby's bad behaviour being questioned. :mysmilie_504:

This scenario happens so often doesn't it?? The pious followers of certain presenters (or would that be relatives :mysmilie_845:) and defenders of the QVC faith :rolleyes: who are so quick to pull other fms up, often turn out to be hypocrites who forget how easy it is to look at their previous posts.:grin:

As for your retaliation...very mild imho :angel: I would have said feck off and post in an AY appreciation thread if you don't like Gobby's bad behaviour being questioned. :mysmilie_504:

This is a forum about shopping telly, which covers not only products but also presenters, guests and anything else that comes up on screen or website.

If all these people who state that this forum should just be about products got their way, would we also see a drop in the pro-QVC presenter threads?

Somehow, I doubt it.

But then, does that mean no discussions about customer service, P&P charges, mis-selling, and whatever else? If all we talk about are QVC's product ranges, then that means NO comments on anything else: whether they're positive OR negative.

So, what's the point in coming here to discuss our experiences of shopping telly if we aren't allowed to do just that?!? This is a shopping telly forum, not a product review site: discussing our experiences includes TV/online presentations, customer service, P&P and the whole enchilada.

Can everyone PLEASE lay off the personal attacks: and insulting someone's thread IS a personal attack; it's hardly a comment on a QVC product now, is it?

Last edited:
This is a forum about shopping telly, which covers not only products but also presenters, guests and anything else that comes up on screen or website.

If all these people who state that this forum should just be about products got their way, would we also see a drop in the pro-QVC presenter threads?

Somehow, I doubt it.

But then, does that mean no discussions about customer service, P&P charges, mis-selling, and whatever else? If all we talk about are QVC's product ranges, then that means NO comments on anything else: whether they're positive OR negative.

So, what's the point in coming here to discuss our experiences of shopping telly if we aren't allowed to do just that?!? This is a shopping telly forum, not a product review site: discussing our experiences includes TV/online presentations, customer service, P&P and the whole enchilada.

Can everyone PLEASE lay off the personal attacks: and insulting someone's thread IS a personal attack; it's hardly a comment on a QVC product now, is it?

there are very few on the here who can honestly say they have have never had a dig at a presenter. i know it isnt some people's raison d'etre for being on the forum but even those who do prefer product-talk have their lapses... and why not.

there's room for everybody to make it what they want. and what graham wants (i imagine) is as many hits on the site as possible because he's selling the advertising to keep the thing running. the plain fact of the matter is that if this forum was restricted only to discussion about a narrow range of subjects it would not be as successful as it is now.

if leopard_print had commented that she didnt find the poll interesting or relevant then that would have been fine. but the way she expressed her opinion wasnt, and to then suggest that people who disagree with the thread are dealt with "nastily" is just ridiculous. i'm never nasty to anyone unless they start it. and i have seen klarion be nasty with other FM's either.

its really easy for people to sit back and be judgmental about threads when they never post anything that encourages discussion themselves.

there are very few on the here who can honestly say they have have never had a dig at a presenter. i know it isnt some people's raison d'etre for being on the forum but even those who do prefer product-talk have their lapses... and why not.

there's room for everybody to make it what they want. and what graham wants (i imagine) is as many hits on the site as possible because he's selling the advertising to keep the thing running. the plain fact of the matter is that if this forum was restricted only to discussion about a narrow range of subjects it would not be as successful as it is now.

if leopard_print had commented that she didnt find the poll interesting or relevant then that would have been fine. but the way she expressed her opinion wasnt, and to then suggest that people who disagree with the thread are dealt with "nastily" is just ridiculous. i'm never nasty to anyone unless they start it. and i have seen klarion be nasty with other FM's either.

its really easy for people to sit back and be judgmental about threads when they never post anything that encourages discussion themselves.

Oh dear, really? I'll have to watch that. :blush:

I don't have any problem with people disagreeing with me: after all, that's what makes for interesting conversation and debate.

But what I object to is all the "If you don't like it, then sod off" or "I don't like this thread/comment, so I'm going to suggest you're an imbecile" sort of thing that's cropping up more and more.

This ISN'T the QVC website; it's supposed to be independent and impartial. If it wasn't, could people like PinkPussyCat been able to air their frustrations and get support with issues she was having? (sorry for picking on you lovey, but your recent problems with QVC were the first that sprung to mind).

What posters also seem to forget is that this website is not just dedicated to following QVC; there are many other forums for other shopping telly organisations, but you don't seem to get the extreme reactions from people on the IW or Sit-Up channel forums; I wonder why that is?

Why am I now thinking that the Beauty Bash event is going to be something entirely different?

:devil:

Latest posts

Back