What a turn off.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I know we've talked about QVC being boring in the past, but, is it just me, or is it actually getting worse? If such a thing was ever possible! It really does look as though they have about 6 hours of programming which is just shuffled up and repeated as nauseam. During the course of a late spring clean recently, we unearthed a box of old videotapes. Most are at least 10 years old, some much more than that. We popped a few in to see what was on them and discovered a lot of old recorded QVC shows. Apart from much lower prices, it's staggering to see how much of a range there was. So many items and brands that have been long forgotten now. I wish they would go back to that, it was so much more interesting. Although it wouldn't really help my bank account much! Compared to those times, this week's line up is dreadful. There is nothing that appeals to me and the so called fashion weekend is bound to be dire. Way to go QVC for throwing a good thing down the drain.

I'm with you Moth...I don't watch much at all and some days don't even think to turn on and scroll thru to see what's on - I get most of my purchases on the Clearance & Last Clicks section of the website, the exception being my ABC skinwash - haven't yet found the litre bottles cheaper elsewhere...yes, QVC has become boring...:yawn::yawn:

I agree. I've watched less than an hour over the last 3 weeks whereas years ago it would be on all day. I used to buy lots from QVC but now I tend to buy stuff from CheapSmells, Mypure, Amazon, Tesco Direct etc.

I am looking forward to watching the next Laura Geller show :)

I too am hanging out for the nest LG show :happy:

I do think QVC is very repetitive - I can only think,its because they have so many overseas guests,its like they have to concentrate on their brand,for the time,they've got them?

Agree with you all, I look at the listings and groan, same old, same old. Also the prices are not that good now. You buy a kit and there are usually two or three things that you don't want or need in it, but you're still paying for them as well as high postage.

Well, today is a case in point for me - food all day. I find that extremely boring.
I hate their themed days.

I agree with you all.
It's got so mind numbingly boring. Even if it's a day with a brand I like it's repeated ad nauseum & you can only take so much!
Used to love the jewellery shows but the few that are now on seem dull & the prices have become so high, even taking into account the gold price hike. So now I really only watch the beauty shows & not all of those.

This weekend's 50 hours of 'what's on trend' fashion should be interesting. What they don't seem to grasp is that what's on trend in the US, is OLD fashioned in the UK.

I have watched very little over the past few days, everytime I switched on ... the grinning gnome was presenting, three or four hours yesterday and blow me down there he was again first thing this morning...:down:

I agree with everything thats been said above. Its a fair indicator that things aren't going too well when there are so many products offered on "4 easy pays" compared with even a couple of years ago when it was a rarity.

I too now buy very little from the channel, and that a lot of the tsvs are their own brand products, also an indicator that very few new firms are signing up with them.

Its also noticeable, or is it me ? that the presenters are'nt doing as many shows each as they used to. At one time JR would do quite a few shows a week, but this year there have been long absences. Dale too is only appearing spasmodically. I know its been the holiday season, but its just an observation.

Perhaps 9 hours over 2 days of Kim & Co has something to do with it !!!!!

It seems that so many members have become so fed up with QVC recently (inc. me), I think it's because we have been watching for so many years that the shine wore off a long time ago and the bull and hard sell they come out with is just OTT. I get to the point where I can't believe how many lies they come out with, it's probably always been like that but now being able to see it so well makes us recoil and turn off.

For me, it's not just the hard sell tactics and the wretched theme days, it's the price hike as well.
I reckon that's why the TSVs have become so mundane and boring - Q is trying to flog stuff around the £40.00 mark, doesn't matter what it is and often it is beauty products.
I used to love the jewellery TSVs but they are becoming as rare as hen's teeth.

No, it's not just you Rentochops .

Look at tonight's EXCITING TSV

Safety & Security • Wednesday 05 October • 12am
Protect your home with a selection of equipment, including alarms and CCTV products, designed to help you enjoy security and peace of mind

Now I dare say someone will be pleased - just not me :dull:

No, it's not just you Rentochops .

Look at tonight's EXCITING TSV

Now I dare say someone will be pleased - just not me :dull:

OO Minim I must stay up until midnight in case it sells out by morning :call:, I just said to hubbie with the rising crime rate of one per week we must get CCTV :)

Lol!

Well, you are going to have to phone in to prove it!
I will expect to hear Rentochops (or Slinkychops) enthusing to Debbie Flint & guest tonight.
Don't let me down now :clapping:

Yes QVC is now boring :sleepy::sleepy:

I've actually started to watch Price Drop and Bid as, now they've reduced their P&P there are bargains to be had.

Dare I admit that I actually spend more money with IW now? Shockingly, in between all the steam cleaners and pressure washers, they do actually have products I like. Plus more flexible easy payments and better offers on P&P. The channel is much better and more fun to watch but it's just a shame they don't the range of product anymore. I still don't understand why QVC take an item off EasyPay as soon as a show ends. With IW, their products are available on FlexiPay the whole time they are in stock it seems.

Last edited:
I'm bored with QVC too. I used to buy loads from them but rarely see anything I want any more. Things I do like can be bought cheaper online elsewhere. I used to love getting my QVC packages in the post!

Latest posts

Back