What a price hike!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
I know VAT has just gone up.... but this is taking the er....mickey!

Bought 698714 - Epiphany Platinum Key Pendant. It was "Introductory Priced" at £29.94 (and on the day, on two easy pays last week.

It's arrived, not sure I'm going to keep it really, but went onto the website to read the other reviews.

The price is now (still "Introductory Priced") £39.12 (with the "normal" price at £43.00)!!!!

How on earth can they justify such a huge price hike?! And how come it is still listed as an "introductory price" even though the price has shot up since last week?!:confused:

Bought 698714 - Epiphany Platinum Key Pendant. It was "Introductory Priced" at £29.94 (and on the day, on two easy pays last week.

It's arrived, not sure I'm going to keep it really, but went onto the website to read the other reviews.

The price is now (still "Introductory Priced") £39.12 (with the "normal" price at £43.00)!!!!

How on earth can they justify such a huge price hike?! And how come it is still listed as an "introductory price" even though the price has shot up since last week?!:confused:

That is an outrageous price increase! I really don't see how they can justify it!

Exactly!! Contact them and see what feeble story they come up with!

I did the same about a Ronni Nicole dress, those prices have really shot up too, one dress in particular had gone up around £15 but was also still listed as on introductory price. I emailed them and asked how an introductory priced item can go up. Funnily enough they ignored that question and just said that the dresses had gone up because costs of making them, shipping etc had gone up!

Well they have a valid point - the knock on effect of VAT will have put prices up e.g. fuel, rates etc. In the case of jewellery - and if they go by market rates - that is probably linked to the flucuating price at the time. If for instance gold prices shot up considerably overnight, everyone will put their gold prices up. Ironically it would then be cheaper not to sell it to you but back to the market.

Introductory priced items are supposed to stay the same price and yes I appreciate prices go up, but 50%? Also this was before the VAT increase.

They should reward the loyalty of the customers and absorb the VAT increase, like John Lewis have done. After all, QVC are hardly struggling to keep their heads above water in the current financial climate.

And incase anyone from QVC reads this thread, the increase from 17.5% to 20% is 2.5% and the maths doesn't add up when, as others have pointed out, the price increase is way above that.

And if they are reading this thread, what's the betting they won't reply. :wink2:

I have previously mentioned something similar in an earlier thread but think because I related it to clearance items it was misunderstood. These prices went up before January as well. I keep a list of must have items and always put the price of the item next to the item number. Mainly these are clearance but sometimes they relate to the new items too. The changes are unbelievable. If you are buying clearance and QVC have bought at a lesser price are they allowed to hike up the clearance price as well even though they got it cheaper?

I was searching the Jewelery section of the QVC web site the week before last.
There was a page and a half of CALIFORNIA STYLE jewelery, All of her items were marked up as clearence. Today I checked the range, they are now marked up as normal prices, which have been increased far more than an added VAT increase. No excuse here for petrol prices etc, as these items have been in circulation on QVC website for sometime as it seems Suzie has not been over here for a long time.

Latest posts

Back