Well well well... Look what I found.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I completely agree, some people just have filthy personal habits and don't think outside their own little bubble. What happens to their soiled returns does not concern them, only that they have had the benefit of using it, and will receive their money back to do it all over again. Mind you, the person who is supposedly inspecting returned goods is clearly not doing their job properly.
And don't get me started on returning things after wearing! I once had a barney with a colleague when she admitted to me that she regularly 'test drove' items of clothing from M&S before returning them for exchange or a refund. She simply couldn't see that it was fraudulent.

Of course they send returns out to other customers - I had a cardigan just the other day that was "packaged" all wrong (read for that - stuffed back in the bag). It was clearly a return, however, I did want it so I kept it. I know when I try things on in shops that probably a dozen or more folk have tried it on so it's not a whole big deal for me but that is "tried on" and not used for 25 days. If I got something that was shall we say "soiled" then there would be hell to pay because none of their stuff is cheap. I have had far more things that smell of perfume and BO from catalogues and have since cancelled my membership with them.

CC

I think what annoys people, well it does me, is that we're having to pay the same price for a used/return item, than the next person who gets a brand spanking, new and unused item, and we both pay the same price. Having said that, I never keep a return, they get it straight back.

I completely agree, some people just have filthy personal habits and don't think outside their own little bubble. What happens to their soiled returns does not concern them, only that they have had the benefit of using it, and will receive their money back to do it all over again. Mind you, the person who is supposedly inspecting returned goods is clearly not doing their job properly.
And don't get me started on returning things after wearing! I once had a barney with a colleague when she admitted to me that she regularly 'test drove' items of clothing from M&S before returning them for exchange or a refund. She simply couldn't see that it was fraudulent.

But who wants a job sniffing for fanny droppings!

But who wants a job sniffing for fanny droppings!

My understanding was that there was no 'sniffing' required. The 'Lady Stains' were highly visible!
Anyhow, if you want to get ahead in life, work hard at school is my advice. Otherwise, Gawd only knows what you might end up doing for a living - and on the minimum wage at that!

I know it's off subject a bit, but I'm so annoyed! I bought the Flora Mare TSV a few months back, order number 207917, for, I think it was £34.96, the next day it went to the "normal price" of £52, well just looked now and it's an introductory price of.............wait for it........£36.82. What's the point of a TSV when it comes back so little over the TSV price, I know if there's any left they fo come back and an IP price, but c'mon! £1.86 more, unbelievable!..............As you were.....

The only saving grace is if you phone up complaining when you receive worn/used merchandise you get a full refund with a returns label My last return had been worn ..a Nina Leonard cardigan ..it was full of what looked like dandruff...no swing ticket attached rolled up in the plastic bag with the sheet of crumpled tissue paper just thrown in!! I was pleased I didn`t like it because I wouldn`t have kept it anyway but whoever resent it out must be doing the job with their eyes closed!!

Of course they send returns out to other customers - I had a cardigan just the other day that was "packaged" all wrong (read for that - stuffed back in the bag). It was clearly a return, however, I did want it so I kept it. I know when I try things on in shops that probably a dozen or more folk have tried it on so it's not a whole big deal for me but that is "tried on" and not used for 25 days. If I got something that was shall we say "soiled" then there would be hell to pay because none of their stuff is cheap. I have had far more things that smell of perfume and BO from catalogues and have since cancelled my membership with them.

CC

I think we've all been well aware of it for years CC, the debate about the rights and wrongs of it on here has certainly been raging for a very long time. I think the point I was making was that Q have always steadfastly stuck to their line about how they would never dream of sending out customer returns, which is clearly is a big fat porky. If re-selling returns is their policy then they should state that fact when people contact them, not tell tell them something that is totally incorrect.

I know it's off subject a bit, but I'm so annoyed! I bought the Flora Mare TSV a few months back, order number 207917, for, I think it was £34.96, the next day it went to the "normal price" of £52, well just looked now and it's an introductory price of.............wait for it........£36.82. What's the point of a TSV when it comes back so little over the TSV price, I know if there's any left they fo come back and an IP price, but c'mon! £1.86 more, unbelievable!..............As you were.....

that happens literally for 90% of tsv's. clocked that years ago.

Well as we found out with the beauty items if you use too much they do return to you. Why can they not do that with clothes? Is the QC on returns manned by one person under a mound of returned clothes they just push through?

A friend had a habit of buying expense outfits for weddings keeping the tags on and then returning after said wedding. This time I was with her and the shop refused the return. The shop owner said the clothes smelt of smoke and perfume. My friend stood and swore the bag had sat in her bedroom as she chose another outfit to wear. The shop owner pulled the same dress of the rail and told her to smell both to see what she meant. Of course friend's one was very perfumed. My friend was totally outraged that they would not take the clothes back, moan the rest of the way round city centre. She insisted she would have to just throw it out as she would never wear it again.

that happens literally for 90% of tsv's. clocked that years ago.

Yes, they've always done it I know that, what my problem was the £1.86, normally they come back at at least a fiver more but £1.86? Doesn't seem my while getting it at TSV price, it's peed me off that.

I bet some people would order the dress, shoes, bag and jewellery for an event or wedding and then return the lot after wearing them for the one day. If you think about it and if you were so inclined, it could save you a fortune. For example a dress for over £100, an LG bag for £300, a pair of shoes for £70, £200 for jewellery and it might cost you £40 for p and p. As for keeping the tags on things, well i bet some people don`t bother because they simply buy one of those cheap handheld gizmos that pierces the fabric with those little plastic strips and simply re attach the tags before returning the items under DSR and pretending they`re unworn.
Years ago I worked in a large high street store and spent a while on their customer service desk. The lengths some people would go to and the lies some people would tell in order to get refunds, never ceased to amaze me.

I know somebody who sells Nick nacs and accessories but won't sell clothes or shoes as was warned they are just too much hassle to deal with ....

If I wanted to buy 2nd hand crap I'd go to a charity shop. Surely Qvc have to inform customers if what they are receiving has been used before. It can't be sold as "new" if it isn't.
Solution? Boycot this bunch of cowboys until they get the message, that what they say on TV constitutes advertising and has to be fair and accurate., we don't have to put up with it look at the plethora of retailers and all the alternative chances to buy what we want.
It's time we stopped behaving like qvc addicts and started making them work hard for our hard earned cash.

Gone are the days when presenters said you never get sent a returned item. I usually know straight away if something isn't for me and have never worn anything out, then returned it. I've always tried it/them on the re-packaged within minutes...I did receive some Rhonda bras with hairs stuck in and stains though yuk!!

Totally agree, why should you pay full price for something that has already been used...send to the Q Outlet stores where people have the choice of buying a used item.

I`ve never bought clothes or shoes from Q, mainly because I dislike their so called fashion but also because I`m tall and know most of them won`t fit right. In the past I received a badly knotted pendant which I was convinced had been worn, there was soap in the back of the pendant and I`d a feeling that whoever had bought it had worn it, taken it off, the chain had knotted and they`d returned it, as did I. I also received a ring with a stone missing which could have been how it was delivered from the manufacturer but again I had the feeling it had been worn, it had scratches on the shank and again I bet someone had bought it, worn it, a stone dropped out and they returned it. Nowadays I simply don`t buy from them apart from one ABC and one SBC tsv per year. I buy everything else from other sites or bricks and mortar shops.

Latest posts

Back