Well.........pfffftttttttt!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
Up until now I've been lucky not to have any problems with QVC despatches..............but I spoke too soon although the fault doesn't actually lie with them, I don't think.

I ordered a pair of the black Carole Hochman pyjamas in October and having had an email telling me that they had been despatched on 21st, I rang QVC earlier to ask where they had got to. The guy said "You returned them on 31st October and we have refunded your money." Only one problem with that............I never received them and so presumably the post office send them back on my behalf. :33: The QVC guy said that the form hadn't been completed, (well obviously not as I never even touched the package) and there were no details as to why it had been returned - i.e. damaged package, lost address etc.

Give them their due, QVC did refund the money and it appeared in my account tonight, but the pyjamas are now sold out and can't be obtained on waitlist. :17:

Has anyone else experienced this sort of 'delivery issue?'

Up until now I've been lucky not to have any problems with QVC despatches..............but I spoke too soon although the fault doesn't actually lie with them, I don't think.

I ordered a pair of the black Carole Hochman pyjamas in October and having had an email telling me that they had been despatched on 21st, I rang QVC earlier to ask where they had got to. The guy said "You returned them on 31st October and we have refunded your money." Only one problem with that............I never received them and so presumably the post office send them back on my behalf. :33: The QVC guy said that the form hadn't been completed, (well obviously not as I never even touched the package) and there were no details as to why it had been returned - i.e. damaged package, lost address etc.

Give them their due, QVC did refund the money and it appeared in my account tonight, but the pyjamas are now sold out and can't be obtained on waitlist. :17:

I do remember somebody else on the forum having exactly this problem, but I can't remember who. I'm quite sure that somebody else will be along soon to fill you in.

Not like this - but I have had a delivery agent - not RM - taking rubbish from my bin to place parcels in.

One was stolen.

Items have been left in my dustbin several times despite me complaining more than once to QVC. The delivery agent's card leaves no name, contact details , date or time so it is impossible to contact them direct and tell them to stop this - even though that is QVC'S job, not mine.

Not like this - but I have had a delivery agent - not RM - taking rubbish from my bin to place parcels in.

One was stolen.

Items have been left in my dustbin several times despite me complaining more than once to QVC. The delivery agent's card leaves no name, contact details , date or time so it is impossible to contact them direct and tell them to stop this - even though that is QVC'S job, not mine.

I've had a parcel left in my wheely bin, too. It was a long time ago and no note to say it was in there (the bin had been emptied that day and it was just an afterthought that I looked in it). I remember someone saying on here that they had a 'food' parcel left in their bin (from QVC) too. (Now that is just plain stupid and disgraceful, imho).:sick:

Something similar happened to me some time ago. It was an item of bedding -- one of those big feather mattress toppers I think. I never took the delivery, but it was returned and I got a refund. It turned out that Royal Mail had tried to deliver it when I was out. Either they left a card, which got lost, or they failed to leave a card at all. After the required amount of time at the Parcels Office, Royal Mail just returned it to sender. Most annoying.

Last christmas I ordered an NN duvet set for son, was within the ~quaranteed before christmas delivery~..didn't turn up but according to QVC records had been delivered..?? :12:..too late to order another and the one I wanted was out of stock..found out few weeks later the courier had taken it upon themselves to decide the box was so badly damaged they didn't think it fair that I should receive it, but funny they didn't seem to get it back to qvc until an enquiry was raised ..mmmmm !!! :18:

daydreamer

Me too!

Yep, same happened to me. I waited and waited but nothing arrived.
I finally rang CS to find out what was going on.
Turned out the item got broken in transit and Royal Mail kindly
sent it back to QVC.
Shame no one bothered to tell me what was going!:5:
I finally received a letter from CS (some weeks later) to tell me
what had happened.

Royal Mail employees have to leave any parcel/packet/letter in a secure place, i e through a letter box, or handed to someone. If they cannot get a reply, they should be leaving a card. If they don't, or even worse put the card through the wrong door, they can be disciplined. I'd phone up Royal Mail Customer Services (providing it was them) and have a word with them. I had a case about 3 years' ago, where 4 cards telling me they had tried to deliver something were put through the wrong door :31: What made it worse that I worked for RM !

Our post office hold parcels until they have a few to deliver all at the same time. That's all very well but we often have to phone QVC to tell them that items didn't arrive in time. Perhaps it would help if they didn't send everything second class post? I'm sure the amount we pay for P&P would cover the extra cost.

Also, is the 5-7 working days thing from order or despatch? I notice most items take 2 days to be despatched.

i have had similar problems but it is always the couriers, never RM at fault. i have ever sympathy with couriers as i think they have a pretty tough time of it, but to be honest, my sympathy does not extend to excusing their laziness or lies!

My worst experiences have been when buying through ideal world (never again) i have had couriers leave packages with neighbours (without leaving a card) or "placed a safe place" (without leaving a card).

Sometimes it is because they are just being lazy but why do they not say anything until you raise a query and then it turns out the package is all damaged (as if someone has been through it?). my worst experience was when they dumped a massive number of things when i was moving into a new flat with a neighbour - it was all new flat things from a microwave to a new mattress topper. no card was left and eventually i tracked down the neighbour it had been left with. the neighbour then refused to hand over the goods as they did not believe i was the right person to collect the stuff! i threw a huge fuss asking them if everyone popped in asking if they had collected a package on their behalf and eventually they gave everything to me...i honestly to this day do not know if they thought i would walk away and say to them, yeah ok, have a free microwave and everything else, i'll just order a new one!

i have had similar problems but it is always the couriers, never RM at fault. i have ever sympathy with couriers as i think they have a pretty tough time of it, but to be honest, my sympathy does not extend to excusing their laziness or lies!

My worst experiences have been when buying through ideal world (never again) i have had couriers leave packages with neighbours (without leaving a card) or "placed a safe place" (without leaving a card).

Sometimes it is because they are just being lazy but why do they not say anything until you raise a query and then it turns out the package is all damaged (as if someone has been through it?). my worst experience was when they dumped a massive number of things when i was moving into a new flat with a neighbour - it was all new flat things from a microwave to a new mattress topper. no card was left and eventually i tracked down the neighbour it had been left with. the neighbour then refused to hand over the goods as they did not believe i was the right person to collect the stuff! i threw a huge fuss asking them if everyone popped in asking if they had collected a package on their behalf and eventually they gave everything to me...i honestly to this day do not know if they thought i would walk away and say to them, yeah ok, have a free microwave and everything else, i'll just order a new one!

Thats awful

It turned out that Royal Mail had tried to deliver it when I was out. Either they left a card, which got lost, or they failed to leave a card at all. After the required amount of time at the Parcels Office, Royal Mail just returned it to sender. Most annoying.

I know just how you feel, but there is someone here all the time because when I'm at work my son isn't .....and vice versa, but to be honest I don't think my parcel ever left the depot. Also at weekends, if I'm away or having a lie in :54: the postman knows where to leave any packages where they can't be 'stolen', The couriers also know where to leave them if I'm ever out and give them their due all parcels have arrived safely.

QVC said they had no idea why the Royal Mail decided to send it back as the packaging was sound and they'd attached no note of explanation. I suppose they don't have pre-printed labels with "I couldn't be bothered!" .......yet!

Still, although there is another Carole Hochman show on, on 12th November, I have just got back from town, complete with two pairs of equally nice black pyjamas for the same price as the one pair I ordered. :59:

And fortunately for the 'powers that be' who decided to return those goods before I had a chance to set eyes on them, all the outstanding orders I've been waiting for arrived this morning (and were hidden by the postman because both my son and I were out.)

Latest posts

Back