TSV 3.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • TSV 4.png
    TSV 4.png
    899 KB · Views: 0
  • TSV 5.png
    TSV 5.png
    957.1 KB · Views: 0
I use a cloth called Wipe out by Magnitone to cleanse and remove make up and they're brilliant, so depending on the price of these I'd say they'd be worth getting. Going off at a tangent here but I just cannot stand these silly words that companies come up with to name their products - Waschies fgs!!! I've seen microwave egg boilers called "Eggies" Just stop it! I get branding needs to stand out but gimmicky names like these put me right off. I also can't bear seeing companies altering the spelling so it sounds the same....eg MYLK (soya milk) "Quooker".....No it's not a bliddy cooker it's a tap. Does anyone remember "Quickies"? A small plastic pot containing little discs impregnated with some kind of cleanser, my mum always had them in her bag to wipe my sticky hands and face when we were out and about, I think they also did nail polish remover pads too. "Give us a Quickie, I'm feeling a bit mucky!"

I remember Quickies! Only the nail ones, though. Don't they sell them any more?

I'm more irritated by things having an "I" put in front of everything.

I have the Magnitone cloths and agree. It does the job and washes and dries well. I especially appreciate how fast it dries. There's nothing worse than something that takes so long to dry that it starts to smell musty - which I think may be more of a problem with these than the Magnitone.

I quite liked the Liz Earle cloths, too, but must admit that the downside of speed drying of a single-depth cloth is just that. I'd imaging being as plush as they are makes the Waschies a pleasure to use.

Last edited:
I bought a set of these when they first aired, although there weren’t 10 in that set. They’re alright but nothing to write home about and I found that they had to be washed every other day or they smelt musty. I tend to take them with me if I’m away at weekends as they’re lighter than a bottle of micellar water.

I’ve actually gone back to cleansing with micellar water and following up with the NassifMD detox pads. The micellar water seems to do a very good job removing mascara, Balance and Brighten powder and SPF because when I follow up with a detox pad there is never anything on it when I’ve finished.

I use Erase Your Face ones. I use them with Superdrug Vit E cleanser to remove makeup or sometimes with just warm water. Goes in washing machine but dont use fabric conditioner. Usually wash with my normal towels.

I had my first sample of Magnitone Wipeout in one of the original Tili boxes, back in the day when Tili came in gorgeous coloured boxes for 20 quid, no P&P. I usually pick the Wipeout cloths cheaply in TK Maxx these days.

Waschies 10 Piece Facial Cleansing Collection
Item Number: 739251
QVC Price £39.00
Todays Special Value Price £23.97
P&P £2.95

Simplify your skincare steps with this 10 Piece Facial Cleansing Collection from Waschies, currently only at QVC. These clever reusable pads work to effortlessly cleanse your face with just water, making them an easy addition to your beauty routine. Designed to gently remove make-up, face masks, dirt and impurities, they're also ideal for all skin types. Slot them into your daily ritual to help ensure a smooth, clean feel after every cleanse.
With water only? That's right! These pads are made from an innovative microfibre and viscose fabric, created to help effectively cleanse the skin and remove most make-up with water only. Of course, if you have your favourite cleansing products then you can use them with the pads too.
Wash and reuse - with the ability to wash these pads with soap or in the washing machine, they're an ideal substitute for cotton pads. You also get the added benefit of being able to reuse them again and again.
Pick a colour - match this set to your bathroom decor, make-up bag or simply pick the hue that jumps out to you. We've got Apricot, Blush, Lilac and Turquoise to choose from.
  • Made from 88% polyester, 12% viscose
  • Oeko Tex certified
  • Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive
  • Machine washable - avoid using fabric softener
  • Suitable for tumble drying
  • Pads (h x w): 12.5cm x 8cm (4.9" x 3.1")
Colour options:
  • Apricot
  • Blush
  • Lilac
  • Turquoise
Contains:
  • 10 x make-up removal pads
How to use:
  • Moisten with warm water
  • Run over your face in circular motions until dirt and make-up are removed
  • For very stubborn waterproof mascara, add a few drops of coconut oil or a make-up remover lotion
  • Wash pads with a soap or pop in the washing machine
All measurements are approximate

I'm a cheapskate! I buy Tescos own brand white cotton face cloths, four for 1.25. They go on a hot or warm wash and when they are looking a bit off they get relegated to cleaning/dusters and after that I use them outside for cleaning down garden furniture etc. I get my £1.25 worth out of each pack!!
Ps I absolutely love the Dr Nassif detox pads, definitely a keeper. I recently tried to buy Nip and Fab pads when they were on Boots £10 Tuesday but they must have flown out, it's the same with everything I try to buy via the Tuesday deal. I'm giving up, and I've got £39 of Advantage points to use!

I'm a cheapskate! I buy Tescos own brand white cotton face cloths, four for 1.25. They go on a hot or warm wash and when they are looking a bit off they get relegated to cleaning/dusters and after that I use them outside for cleaning down garden furniture etc. I get my £1.25 worth out of each pack!!
Ps I absolutely love the Dr Nassif detox pads, definitely a keeper. I recently tried to buy Nip and Fab pads when they were on Boots £10 Tuesday but they must have flown out, it's the same with everything I try to buy via the Tuesday deal. I'm giving up, and I've got £39 of Advantage points to use!
I use the cleansing cloths that come with the Liz Earle C&P. Likewise once they lose their cleansing effectiveness I also relegate them to dusting/cleaning.

I use a cloth called Wipe out by Magnitone to cleanse and remove make up and they're brilliant, so depending on the price of these I'd say they'd be worth getting. Going off at a tangent here but I just cannot stand these silly words that companies come up with to name their products - Waschies fgs!!! I've seen microwave egg boilers called "Eggies" Just stop it! I get branding needs to stand out but gimmicky names like these put me right off. I also can't bear seeing companies altering the spelling so it sounds the same....eg MYLK (soya milk) "Quooker".....No it's not a bliddy cooker it's a tap. Does anyone remember "Quickies"? A small plastic pot containing little discs impregnated with some kind of cleanser, my mum always had them in her bag to wipe my sticky hands and face when we were out and about, I think they also did nail polish remover pads too. "Give us a Quickie, I'm feeling a bit mucky!"
And when did Washing your Face become Facial Cleansing?

That reminds me - there's a pack of 7 anti-microbial hot cloths on the Tesco site going for £7.50. I couldn't resist and bought a pack. They're basically rather nice flannels with a linseed-based treatment that helps prevent musty smells (caused by bacteria). I haven't been in-store since before lockdown so no idea if they're there.

I use a clean face cloth every day in the shower to wash my face and then wring it out and use to dry off most of my body so my towel doesn't get so wet. I don't use a fresh towel every day but dry it out completely between uses instead. I hate damp towels hanging around so bought a very handy little heated towel rail from Aldi/Lidl several years ago that uses very little electric but does the job well if I can't dry them on the line.

I did a little experiment with a very similar size/weight face cloth and left them both to dry out on an indoor airer (not electric). They both dried out overnight but the Tesco ones didn't have that musty smell the untreated one had.

I've seen linseed being used as an anti-microbial in a few things now. It's nice to see a natural alternative that appears to work well and isn't a strong chemical.

I don’t understand why you would want to wash your face with just water unless you’re going Camping,I love Votary Flannel’s.

I prefer the Emma Hardie ones. They make great dusters and worktop cleanser with the spray cleaners.
National Lipstick Day ????
What a load of cobblers.
Some years ago, before COVID! A friend worked for YSL, and they did promotions for lipstick day. She got women to put their lipstick imprint on a card with a name, and they could win a prize. I never won.

As usual QVC as usual way behind the trends.

I had an email fro Charlotte Tilbury yesterday urging me to spent X on her website to receive free lipstick, so yup, Lipstick Day is really a thing. I didn’t.

I was watching the presentation of these Waschies and the BA mentioned once or twice that microfibres can tear the skin.I don’t believe this myself but was then surprised to find that they contain microfibre.I think I will stick with using the old trusted microfibre make up removing cloths using just water, the very thing she was trying to put people off of doing.I get that they’re handy but there’s nothing new or innovative about them. A microfibre cloth is all you need for full makeup removal.

Latest posts

Back