Warning - Panasonic Epilator

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tiddlywinks

Registered Shopper
http://www.qvcuk.com/Panasonic-Wet-...c=400365-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-400365

Bought this... All going well UNTIL the rolling heads sucked a piece of my skin on my underarm in between them and didn't switch off... had to get Mr Tiddly to get me free.

It bloomin' hurt :mysmilie_51:

Now... It's not 'cos of bingo wings or anything... My underarms are pretty firm... but we all have creases under there because, if we didn't, we wouldn't be able to move our arms above our heads.

I've epilated for years with no trouble - it is definitely the design that caused this.

Just wanted to warn you all...

I have the panasonic which is also a shaver bought from Le Q at a bargain price a couple of years ago and have had no problems. If it is still under guarantee send yours back.

Ouch - I feel your pain :sad: I have this issue with my Braun one chewing my underarm. Now I pull the skin super taught before I unleash the epilator on it :nod:

I've also had one for a few years without any problems, but you do need to keep the skin tight.

Like I said, I've used epilators for years with no issues... and always know to keep the skin taut.

It just seems to be the design of this one. It's got two rollers instead of one and the guard which goes over the top has a bar on it and this combination seems to have caused the problem.

I will be sending it back and asking CS to refer the complaint to Panasonic.

I've also posted a review so will see if that makes the website.

:( ouch sounds painful. I'm glad I don't have to shave under my arms. Only women, swimmers and gay men shave under their arms!

Last edited:
:( ouch sounds painful. I'm glad I don't have to shave under my arms. Only gay women, swimmers and gay men shave under their arms!

Hmm... are you sure that only women who are gay or swim are the ones who shave? What about the rest of womankind?

I went to Hampstead Heath for a picnic today in this glorious weather with some of my dearest gay friends I was surrounded by hundreds of shirtless gay men and I didn't see one shaved pit! Julius you are mistaken in this case.

Well, guess what happened to my review? Yep, rejected.

I was factual and simply said that I had used epilators for years but could not recommend this one as it caught my skin and failed to stop.

How can that breach their conditions for a review? Other than it wasn't gushing enough.

Like I said, I've used epilators for years with no issues... and always know to keep the skin taut.

It just seems to be the design of this one. It's got two rollers instead of one and the guard which goes over the top has a bar on it and this combination seems to have caused the problem.

I will be sending it back and asking CS to refer the complaint to Panasonic.

I've also posted a review so will see if that makes the website.

Sounds excruciating!

I have a Panasonic one too but it did stop when it caught the skin under the arm. The instructions on mine though say not to use on the knees or under the arms but I do. I hold the skin under the armpit and use a stabbing motion as I'm scared of catching the skin. It is an excellent epilator.

I've got a Panasonic one in that design I bought last year and never had any problems with it, despite being fairly slap dash with it.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Panasonic-Wet-...c=400365-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-5-_-400365

Bought this... All going well UNTIL the rolling heads sucked a piece of my skin on my underarm in between them and didn't switch off... had to get Mr Tiddly to get me free.

Now... It's not 'cos of bingo wings or anything... My underarms are pretty firm... but we all have creases under there because, if we didn't, we wouldn't be able to move our arms above our heads.

I've epilated for years with no trouble - it is definitely the design that caused this.

How old are you? If you dont mind me asking.

T

I have the pink Panasonic and have caught my skin a few times but it just stops and releases the skin. It happens if I am too heavy handed with it.

I think its disgusting that they don`t publish adverse reviews i`ve never had one rejected so far in the one where I accused QVC of being less than honest it just makes a mockery of the system and untrustworthy to use before you buy!!

Latest posts

Back