Vogue Williams

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That was her old face, she now has a new one with new teeth. Doesn’t she do a radio (radio one) DJ type show?
I agree, I think she’s had a lot of work done!

Not sure about the source, but this “article” (to be generous!) shows how much she’s changed!

I’ve been trying to remember what faux tan it was that mum and I used back in the late 90’s before we went on holiday?!

It was a spray - maybe turned into a mousse? - and it was ‘posher’ than Boots. Maybe Clarins or similar which was not the norm for my mum!

But the reason I remember it is because it actually worked!
It went on well and didn’t streak etc!

I did have a “palm issue” a couple of times but that bc mum hadn’t told me I needed to be careful of that!

Haven’t used faux tan in 25 years mind you, and having been housebound for so many years tanning isn’t a big thing for me but if/when I ever have to face the world properly, I think I’ll have to get back on the search for a decent one!

I’ve been trying to remember what faux tan it was that mum and I used back in the late 90’s before we went on holiday?!

It was a spray - maybe turned into a mousse? - and it was ‘posher’ than Boots. Maybe Clarins or similar which was not the norm for my mum!

I did have a “palm issue” a couple of times but that bc mum hadn’t told me I needed to be careful of that!

Haven’t used faux tan in 25 years mind you, and having been housebound for so many years tanning isn’t a big thing for me but if/when I ever have to face the world properly, I think I’ll have to get back on the search for a decent one!
Ambre Solaire ?

It was Coco Chanel who way back started the tanning idea amongst the well-to-do. Before that, only peasants tanned as they worked in the fields. Early 1920s she when at the Rivera with one of her wealthy lovers sunbathed got a tan and with her fashion designs caught on.
Donna that’s what I believe, Coco Chanel made the tanned look acceptable. In Victorian England it was only farm workers etc were tanned, as English Ladies would have covered their skin, to maintain the English Rose complexion. I too, am more than happy with my fair Celtic skin, but, full disclosure, have spent fortunes on fake tans, none of which have ever fulfilled the hype.

I would like to have seen her presenting her tanning product and coming across well, because I lost respect for her after those Fairy adverts!

I always thought she was quite an intelligent woman with some dignity and strength but when I saw that *awful* advert I went off her!

It’s so saccharine, naff and just FAKE!

I know she didn’t write or direct it but I hate the all-white/pastel clothes and cloud-like interiors and the message and superiority etc is depressing!
She kicked off on a plane apparently because someone wouldn’t move who’d already paid for their seat .
I hate entitled people like that.

Happy to report that tan is superb.
I got the dark mousse as I am olive. No streaks /no hint of the biscuit tin/ mitt a velvety texture.
Even did husband's face, neck shoulders and pate as an experiment much to his chagrin. He's freckly ginger and usually pale. Cracking result. Looked well - and like he'd been working outside for the week. Had to avert my gaze in M&S when we came across a friend who commented how brown and healthy he was looking🤣

Ps I'm not getting paid to say this...nor am I Vogue!

Donna that’s what I believe, Coco Chanel made the tanned look acceptable. In Victorian England it was only farm workers etc were tanned, as English Ladies would have covered their skin, to maintain the English Rose complexion. I too, am more than happy with my fair Celtic skin, but, full disclosure, have spent fortunes on fake tans, none of which have ever fulfilled the hype.
Coco Chanel was not known in the Victorian era. She came along quite a number of years after Victoria died.

Even further back in the 60s, me and a mate slathered on Q tan. Dear God, the next day we were literally orange and about to go on holiday. The taxi driver clearly couldn't suppress his giggles, and it wouldn't wash off straight away, it had to 'wear' off. Things we did when teenagers eh ?

Ambre Solaire ?
Ah yes I remember ambre Solaire but it wasn’t that one…

I’ll have to ask mum if she remembers (highly unlikely!)

I just remember it was higher end brand than mum would ever usually buy for beauty products but it really was worth it!

[She’s gone a bit higher ends as means increased and will spend some money on fragrance occasionally but she’s still a basics girl at heart!]

Even further back in the 60s, me and a mate slathered on Q tan. Dear God, the next day we were literally orange and about to go on holiday. The taxi driver clearly couldn't suppress his giggles, and it wouldn't wash off straight away, it had to 'wear' off. Things we did when teenagers eh ?
“ Tanfastic ! “

I use Dove gradual tan which I mix (dilute !) 50:50 with their moisturiser and it’s good enough to just tone down the whiteness of my skin. Particularly handy for my face as a light tan reduces the appearance of under eye bags that look blue, and red thread veins on my nose !

Latest posts

Back