Vitamix tsv 31/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've made a courgette, squash and onion soup in mine today. I prefer to cook the veg first though and then blend it in the vitamix. Will have a smoothie tomorrow morning.

Would you say that soup from the raw, so to speak, isn't that good? This was one of the selling points for me as I'm the only one who likes soup and thought that this would be very quick. If I had to cook it first I wouldn't bother for 1.

I don't like it raw. They put nuts in such as cashew but I don't want the extra fat. I just fry the onion in a pan, then add the veg and cook for 10 mins. No hassle and as I cook on gas cheaper than running a 2hp motor for 10 mins.

I could talk myself into this! OH dislikes soup so can't persuade him it is good value even though he was impressed with the presentation.

Sauces, dips, smoothies, ice cream, pate... much cheaper than shop bought and there when you need it.

BTW, a smattering of cashews really does add depth and creaminess.

As for raw veg in soups, I partially steam veggies in the microwave before making soups as I am not fond of the raw taste but a lot of people do swear by it:

http://www.rawblend.com.au/vitamix-soup-recipes.html

Sauces, dips, smoothies, ice cream, pate... much cheaper than shop bought and there when you need it.

BTW, a smattering of cashews really does add depth and creaminess.

As for raw veg in soups, I partially steam veggies in the microwave before making soups as I am not fond of the raw taste but a lot of people do swear by it:

http://www.rawblend.com.au/vitamix-soup-recipes.html
Hi, Tiddlywinks, thanks so much for this link.... I've just had a quick look and have immediately book-marked it - thanks again.

I don't know if anyone is interested but if there is a Tesco store near you, you may have noticed that for the past few weeks they had a promotion on health foods (mainly gluten free and some raw foods), the promo has now ended and most of the products are now half price incl raw cacao nibs/powder, Vita-coco coconut water and many more.

Anyone else having trouble returning theirs? I am one step away from booking a courier myself to make sure the damn thing gets back to them. I called them up on Thursday to arrange collection and was told 'Courier will collect in the next 3-5 working days and when we have it back we'll process refund for you' when I questioned them if they could give me an exact collection day they said they couldn't! Extremely helpful, I think not. I work 10am-2pm every day, so it would be handy to know what day the courier is coming so I can arrange for someone to be in, but no. Do they think everyone watching QVC does only that, sit in the house and watch TV all day with nothing better to do than wait for a courier who may or may not turn up. Sorry, this has turned into an absolute rant, but it just beggars belief that they can't book it with the courier there and then and give you the choice of day, other companies regularly do it, so why not QVC? In comparison when I was returning over £500 of kit to Ann Summers (used to be a party organiser, nothing else) I called them up and a day was chosen there and then and I was given the option of morning or afternoon, far easier!

Oh well, I'll never be sucked in by their 'We'll collect it from you' sales nonsense ever again! No more big purchases from me.

I agree Chrissi, it's ridiculous.

It's the same with Q Cut, they won't change my delivery address to my work address so I can't use it. Not everyone is sat in all day.

I agree Chrissi, it's ridiculous.

It's the same with Q Cut, they won't change my delivery address to my work address so I can't use it. Not everyone is sat in all day.

Couldn't agree with you more MrMarple. Like you Qcut is a waste of time for me as I have to also get things delivered to work as it's where I am the most. Even on my day off I don't sit about all day long. It's about time this silly thing got changed.

Couldn't agree with you more MrMarple. Like you Qcut is a waste of time for me as I have to also get things delivered to work as it's where I am the most. Even on my day off I don't sit about all day long. It's about time this silly thing got changed.

It wouldn't even be THAT hard to do, all it would be is another 'Press 1 for...Press 2 for' option added.

Well, to add insult to injury, courier turned up on Monday for Vitamix and whined that he'd been here to collect it on Saturday (load of rubbish as we were in all day) and said he'd put a card through the door (again, rubbish), happy it's gone back, but yet again another cock up as it wasn't 3 to 5 days. Now I just have to keep an eye on the bank account for the refund as they'll not bother sending me an email to say it's been returned. I only wish I could get my Laura Geller & Mally products elsewhere as they would have had their last order from me after this nonsense.

Yeah, do you notice when they are selling the spiel is all desk to dinner but when it comes to delivery we are all expected to sit in the corner waiting their command.

Latest posts

Back