Vitamix tsv 31/08

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been examining my Vitamix jug today and i reckon it has cracks in it. No idea why it has cracked as I have not dropped it. I do occasionally use it to crush ice for cocktails. I hope the jug is covered by the 5 year guarantee. Mine is only a year old.

If not it should be covered by QVC's 12 month guarantee on electricals. I am sure I heard Debbie Flint mention all electricals have a 12 month warranty/guarantee doodah a while ago.

I've been examining my Vitamix jug today and i reckon it has cracks in it. No idea why it has cracked as I have not dropped it. I do occasionally use it to crush ice for cocktails. I hope the jug is covered by the 5 year guarantee. Mine is only a year old.

One of the selling points for Vitamix is the strength of the jug. I remember seeing the presentations when it was sold on Ideal World ............the Vitamix demonstrator would often stand on the jug to show how strong it was. It was also said that the jug was made from the same material as aircraft windows.

As a matter of interest, Bob Warden, the Vitamix rep. on Qvc US states that Vitamix is American made and the company only employ very few technicians for repair work, they are so confident about the durability of their product.
Also, as a test of faith in their product, he ALWAYS states that should there ever be a problem with it, VITAMIX WILL COVER THE COST OF RETURNING THE FAULTY ITEM AND SENDING OUT THE REPLACEMENT TO THE CUSTOMER......... I think you should use this info if necessary.

Oooops......the name of the Vitamix demonstrator in USA is Mr Jan Muller not Bob Warden (Ninja rep) sorry, my mistake

Hi, ils, I was just wondering if you have been able to contact Qvc and hoping you had a satisfactory response

I called QVC CS today. They cover the first 12 months and as it is just over 12 months by 2 days, they gave me an 0808 number to call. It was Vitamix in the US. They will send a courier to collect it and return it within 18 days. It goes to Glastonbury. I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow so will call again when I get back.

I called QVC CS today. They cover the first 12 months and as it is just over 12 months by 2 days, they gave me an 0808 number to call. It was Vitamix in the US. They will send a courier to collect it and return it within 18 days. It goes to Glastonbury. I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow so will call again when I get back.

Thanks for update, seems we have the same service from Vitamix as US customers which is good to hear. Enjoy your holiday x

This raises the question, do QVC count from the date you placed the order, or the date approximately when you received it? I'd probably look at the invoice, and without thinking, go by the date of order on it, but it's possible it took a couple of days to receive it, maybe the 12 months should run from the date of delivery just a thought. I doubt QVC will change their position now even if you pointed this out to them but for future electrical purchases I might start noting on the invoice the date of receipt in case.

We've successfully returned a TV and a printer which developed faults outside the 12 month period by we had a reasonable expectation that they would work for longer than a year (you have to persevere to find a sympathetic CS person. The collected both items and refunded in full.

Charlie Brook is presenting the TSV so I won't be watching I can't watch him stuffing food into his mouth like he has not had anything to eat for a month :mysmilie_5:

I did watch him and he didn't seem to be quite as bad this time so maybe someone's had a word. But what still annoys me is when he takes a huge bite and can't speak and says "Mmmm" when the Vitamix man wants him to agree with something. Charlie, airtime isn't your excuse to graze, so live with it and take tiny bites so you can do what you're paid to do - sell the product. Someone who's stuffed their face so much that they can't even say yes is a turnoff.

Personally I prefer this to when Flicky Franks and others, take a minuscule piece and pretend it is soooooo wonderful whilst never letting it past their lips.

It does seem a good well made item, which if you used every single day for years would last the pace and be worth the money. A bit like Kitchen Aid I would imagine.

I'm not into smoothies, soup etc but even I was tempted! A wee bit cheaper and who knows!

Effing hell! £400 for a blender ???????????

So far today I've used mine for making a curry veg soup and a raspberry ice cream.

Yesterday, I made some humous (extra garlic), Thai soup and later a frothy hot chocolate.

I use it at least every other day so the cost per use is actually pretty low (given that it has a guaranteed life of 5 years).

I agree it's a lot of money but, for me, it isn't like an ordinary blender - it saves me time and that is priceless.

I paid £386.91 last August. They have now included a book called 101 drinks and increased the price by £10.

I've made a courgette, squash and onion soup in mine today. I prefer to cook the veg first though and then blend it in the vitamix. Will have a smoothie tomorrow morning.

So far today I've used mine for making a curry veg soup and a raspberry ice cream.

Yesterday, I made some humous (extra garlic), Thai soup and later a frothy hot chocolate.

I use it at least every other day so the cost per use is actually pretty low (given that it has a guaranteed life of 5 years).

I agree it's a lot of money but, for me, it isn't like an ordinary blender - it saves me time and that is priceless.

I could talk myself into this! OH dislikes soup so can't persuade him it is good value even though he was impressed with the presentation.

Latest posts

Back