Vitamix TSV 24/08/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't need a cover for the vitamix as it is so much in use but I could see it being very useful for a mixer. Those covers will be very hard wearing. I have a coin purse made in oil cloth and I'm still using it after 16 years.

I still love the vitamix but I do have difficulty getting the lid off. Usually I swivel the lid round to the pouring lip so that it is forced up enough for me to prize it off. Has anyone got a better way to open it

I've got arthritis in my hands and the lid is hard for me to get a grip of.... I lever it off with a silicone spatula (so I don't scratch the plastic). Once one side is lifted, the whole thing just seems easier to lift off.

There is a tip for getting the lid off on the DVD but I can't remember what they recommended... perhaps have a look at that?

Thanks I watched the DVD and they explain 2 ways. One is to place thumbs next to one of the clip bits and push up. That works fine and I'll find it easier with practise. The other method is the spoon one and place the handle of the spoon in the pouring lip and prize it off.

I've just paid the final installment of the easy pays. Still can't get over how much I paid for it but I have used it at least once every single day since I bought it, often 3 times a day. Smoothies, soups, latte coffees, chop an onion.

Just a reminder that the red is not a bright RED... more a sort of blood red... just in case you wanted to match it to any appliances.

I was a bit disappointed that the colour of mine wasn't a kind of lipstick red but didn't want to have to send it back for black as they were on waitlist.

Very happy with it as a useful piece of kit though and would thoroughly recommend it.

Do folks think this will be at the same price, the same product (eg no extras) and at the same price??

Latest posts

Back