Vitamix TSV 23/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There's a new model now almost over £600
https://www.vitamix.co.uk/Shop/G-Series

The lower, wider jug is a big improvement.

It will fit under my cabinets (the one I have won't fit).

And it will be much easier to clean, as it is difficult to get into mine to clean the blades and the bottom of the jug, as the self-cleaning is not always effective.

It also has a more powerful motor, and is quieter, according to the blurb.

The price starts at £499.

This one is nothing like the normal model, it looks like a cheapie version.

Only a dial, not the usual switches as well for pulsing etc.

My thought was, that the machine does not appear to be as robust. It needs to be quite a bit more affordable, to persuade people to choose it over the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ, with food processor, which we are selling at a reduced price of £149.99.

Vitamix S30 1.2L Blender with 2 Smoothie Bottles & Recipe Book
Item Number: 805085
QVC Price £363.00
Today's Special Value Price £299.88
P&P: £7.95

The brilliant Vitamix S30 blender comes with two handy smoothie bottles and features a compact size making it ideal for those with smaller kitchens or less counter space; it also boasts powerful laser-cut blades and an in-built radial cooling fan. Whether you're rushing off to work or simply want to get the most out of fresh produce, this innovative blender is a must-have for your kitchen and your busy lifestyle.

On the go? The S30 comes complete with two handy smoothie bottles that become instant travel cups with flip-top lids, so whether you're heading to work or out for the day, you can take your healthy smoothie with you.

The possibilities are endless - make ice-cream in 30 seconds using yoghurt and frozen fruit, blend fruits and vegetables in a minute for vitamin-packed smoothies, cook steaming hot soup from scratch, whip up tasty salsas and dips, knead dough, mix batter and much more.

Impressive power and control - the blender boasts laser-cut stainless-steel blades which make light work of peels, pulp and seeds from fruits and vegetables giving you all the goodness from whole foods. With a variable speed control and the pulse feature you can choose the texture you prefer, from silky smooth purees and smoothies to chunky soups and salsas.

Let off steam - the two-part vented lid releases steam while blending hot mixtures, and pulls off easily from the container so you can add ingredients or use the tamper stick.

Includes seven year manufacturer's warranty

How to clean:
After each use, rinse the container thoroughly with warm water
Place one to two drops of washing-up liquid in the container and fill it halfway with warm water
Secure the lid with the lid plug in the locked position
Run the machine on the highest setting for 30 - 60 seconds
Pour contents out and rinse thoroughly
Turn the container upside down and allow to air dry

What's in the box?
1 x Vitamix S30 blender (1.2L capacity)
2 x smoothie bottles (600ml capacity)
1 x tamper stick - accelerator tool makes light work of even the toughest ingredients
1 x Personal Blending recipe book
1 x user guide

Colours options:
Black
White
Daybreak Blue
Sour Apple Green
Red

Technical specifications:
Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
Interlocking system with automatic turn-off protection
Variable speed control
Cutting blades diameter: 7.6cm (3")
Power and indicator light
Capacity: 1.2L (64oz)
Watts: 800W - 950W
Voltage: 220V - 240V
Cord: 1.22m
Weight: 5.6 kg (combined weight)
Blender (l x w x h): 21cm x 15cm x 37cm (8.2" x 6" x 14.5")

All measurements are approximate
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805085

I am happy enough with my Ninja, which efficiently does everything I need it to do. It cost about a third of the price of this TSV too.

How on earth that little jug can be classed as "family sized" I've no idea, just looked and when he empties the smoothie out it barely fills two glasses. The Nutrimaster is pick of the day on Ideal World, it's half the price and does everything the original sized Vitamix does, I can vouch for that, the Nutrimaster is a lovely machine and well worth the money.

For those who suffer from hearing loss one of the most difficult things can be to separate the sounds in a noisy environment. I wonder how many QVC customers were completely unable to hear a word the presenters said over the din of all the Vitamixes roaring away in every presentation?

I have the Auto-Ninja, which is great because I can switch it on and go to the room furthest from it so I don't get deafened. With the manual one, you have to stand next to it to hold the jug down.

I have the Auto-Ninja, which is great because I can switch it on and go to the room furthest from it so I don't get deafened. With the manual one, you have to stand next to it to hold the jug down.
It's only for a matter of seconds though, isn't it. Can't say I've ever had a problem. Love my Ninja - the cheap version!

I usually use it for 3 X 1 minute sessions, and even then it is full of strawberry and raspberry seeds, despite the demos stating that everything is pulverised

My usual smoothie is strawberries, raspberries, black fruits (grapes, blackberries, blackcurrants etc)., root ginger, bananas (with skin), carrots, and skimmed milk.

Latest posts

Back