Visage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watching my least favourite presenter, Jess Foley. She is singing the praises of the new Tangerine lipstick. Suits all skin tones, is so moisturising etc etc. Odd then that Jess hasn’t plastered her face with it, like Lynn Jinks or Adina Stubbs would.🤔

No word of a lie, I bought that Tangerine lipstick and it really is a lovely colour. I don't usually wear anything on my lips, but thought the shade suited the presenters on at the time who had different skin tones. I'm Casper pale and I have to say the shade when it goes on is not what you might expect. I don't feel I pull off heavily made-up looks so I just use a little of the colour, but I showed it to my mom the other day and she loved it as well.

I wonder if it really is limited edition, because I'd hate to think it won't ever come back and as far as I know, it's sold out.

I bought the Gouvia some time ago, in the matte and satin finishes, and it’s a gorgeous shade and a great lipstick for £8. I bought the makeup case which had 3 free lipsticks and God, they were horrendous shades!! Possibly perfect if you’re off for a seventies weekend! Glad you were happy with the Tangerine 😀 I too am paler than pale but wouldn’t have thought it would suit me. Can recommend the Nude lipliner, though, really good colour.

I bought the Gouvia some time ago, in the matte and satin finishes, and it’s a gorgeous shade and a great lipstick for £8. I bought the makeup case which had 3 free lipsticks and God, they were horrendous shades!! Possibly perfect if you’re off for a seventies weekend! Glad you were happy with the Tangerine 😀 I too am paler than pale but wouldn’t have thought it would suit me. Can recommend the Nude lipliner, though, really good colour.
I got the case too. Got very red reds which don't suit me. :) As I don't wear lippy often, I don't use liners, but the Visage ones are cheap enough I might add one to an order someday.

If you get the opportunity I'd grab the Tangerine, it's quite lush and if you have very pale skin with pink undertones like me, I think it would suit. :)

I got the case too. Got very red reds which don't suit me. :) As I don't wear lippy often, I don't use liners, but the Visage ones are cheap enough I might add one to an order someday.

If you get the opportunity I'd grab the Tangerine, it's quite lush and if you have very pale skin with pink undertones like me, I think it would suit. :)
Thanks Spiral Galaxy, it looks such a scary colour, but if it’s more of a sheer finish, I’ll give it ago! And for £7 or £8, it won’t be the end of the world if it doesn’t suit. Heaven knows I’ve wasted a fortune on ill advised makeup purchases over the years 🤣🤣🤣

They are giving Beam the hard sell again today and Ellis has said she would pay £100 for it as it makes you look 10 years younger. I've bought Beam and its ok, until you see your skin glittering in the sun. It's so hard to find a highlighter that doesn't have sparkly particles in it.
I use many Visage products and they work well, some I would not re purchase like the make up remover.

Ellis over acts, says the serums have reduced her wrinkles...I think Ellis over acts about everything. I don't buy the whole 3 for 2 either. I purchase supplements and vitamins from Primal and their Drink me Gorgeous is now reduced as it's still the old batch with an expiry of Jul 22. I refuse to buy any more until new stock arrives.

Take Kati with a pinch of salt. She's 30 and she thinks she's invented make up. All she has done is create a more affordable range for people who don't want to spend a fortune. Be careful what you buy as sometimes you don't need half the stuff.

I use many Visage products and they work well, some I would not re purchase like the make up remover.

Ellis over acts, says the serums have reduced her wrinkles...I think Ellis over acts about everything. I don't buy the whole 3 for 2 either. I purchase supplements and vitamins from Primal and their Drink me Gorgeous is now reduced as it's still the old batch with an expiry of Jul 22. I refuse to buy any more until new stock arrives.

Take Kati with a pinch of salt. She's 30 and she thinks she's invented make up. All she has done is create a more affordable range for people who don't want to spend a fortune. Be careful what you buy as sometimes you don't need half the stuff.
I think the make-up remover is overrated too. That said, it is surprisingly good as a toner after cleansing to remove scraps of stuff you didn't manage to get. The Visage mascara is easy to remove, but for my other brands the remover doesn't do much for it. I use Elemis cleansing butter to remove eye make up now, that's a really nice cleanser.

I think Beam is great, but for a highlighter that doesn't sparkle in any way, I recommend Hourglass. Hourglass is my favourite make-up - so lush and beautiful - but it ain't cheap! I'm slowly accumulating a range of Hourglass products. If I'm going out I'll wear Hourglass, but Visage is great for day-to-day wear.

Edit: Just checked my Hourglass highlighter in my palette and it is slightly sparkly in direct sunlight. Guess it just comes with the territory.

I think the make-up remover is overrated too. That said, it is surprisingly good as a toner after cleansing to remove scraps of stuff you didn't manage to get. The Visage mascara is easy to remove, but for my other brands the remover doesn't do much for it. I use Elemis cleansing butter to remove eye make up now, that's a really nice cleanser.

I think Beam is great, but for a highlighter that doesn't sparkle in any way, I recommend Hourglass. Hourglass is my favourite make-up - so lush and beautiful - but it ain't cheap! I'm slowly accumulating a range of Hourglass products. If I'm going out I'll wear Hourglass, but Visage is great for day-to-day wear.

Edit: Just checked my Hourglass highlighter in my palette and it is slightly sparkly in direct sunlight. Guess it just comes with the territory.
I’ve just finished the cleanser, ok, but wouldn’t repurchase. I liked the toner, but it annoyed me that they could have used a refillable bottle, so decided not to repurchase. Didn’t think the remover was up to much, struggled to remove my MAC mascara, and it also annoyed me that they made it refillable and then offered three separate pouches to fill it. Why not save on the packaging and have a pouch that could refill the bottle twice? Also the dispenser is not that great. Also Katie didn’t invent this, despite Adina’s wittering, it’s been on the Ren tonic for years, and also on nail polish remover! Used the mascara once and through it out, not impressed. didn’t get on with the foundation or concealer. That said, have a couple of the lipsticks, a lip liner and a couple of the eye palettes that I’m happy with. I too am an Hourglass fan, but like yourself, mostly reserved for high days and holidays 😊

MAC strobe cream does not sparkle! I bought some recently and really like it. However, you have to be sparing with it. I saw a recommendation to wear it under foundation, like a primer. I did this and went into the office. My desk faces a window and I was appalled to see my metallic face in my mirror lol. C3PO maybe, but no glitter!

This is spot on and exactly my views on Ellis and Katie. Ellis seems to be different lately. Over egging everything and now comes across as insincere whereas before I enjoyed listening to her. Katie is a tad smug as she’s being told she is fantastic. I guess it’s heady.

Having said that the visage items I have are perfectly wearable and affordable.

This is spot on and exactly my views on Ellis and Katie. Ellis seems to be different lately. Over egging everything and now comes across as insincere whereas before I enjoyed listening to her. Katie is a tad smug as she’s being told she is fantastic. I guess it’s heady.

Having said that the visage items I have are perfectly wearable and affordable.
Yes agree. Now I have got to know some of them, many are fake and insincere. I try not to be taken in, they do make me cringe but I do love some of the Visage products too.

Its all skincare this evening isn't it? There were 2 hours of Visage makeup at lunchtime too, I think they are trying to do beauty week on one day - a bit over the top really. I heard Kati say they are going to do 'faux glow' soon (fake tan I think). I'm looking forward to watching them coat the backs of their hands in orange and gushing about how 'natural' it looks

I enjoy make up as much as anyone, but this evening they are airing 3 back to back hours of Visage, until 10pm. It's far too much and it's unwatchable for me. What do you all think?
As I have no interest in the make up, that is far too much for me. I hardly switch on nowadays as jewellery very rarely features, and that is what used to make me watch Gemporia. Ah well, money saved.

I enjoy make up as much as anyone, but this evening they are airing 3 back to back hours of Visage, until 10pm. It's far too much and it's unwatchable for me. What do you all think?
3 hrs? Usually 2 at the most.

Why did they have beauty week with no new items?? Bizarre.

Same I am familiar with the two hour slot. Mid day and then maybe an hour in the evening. Never seen a 3 hour slot advertised. Was disappointed. I saw what was being showcased and nothing new so beauty week did not grab my attention. I also am not a fan of the mascara at all which all callers appear to rave about.

Same I am familiar with the two hour slot. Mid day and then maybe an hour in the evening. Never seen a 3 hour slot advertised. Was disappointed. I saw what was being showcased and nothing new so beauty week did not grab my attention. I also am not a fan of the mascara at all which all callers appear to rave about.
I bought it at launch, used it twice and threw it out. Didn’t do anything for my lashes and was difficult to remove. Back to MAC for me. Really don’t understand the rave reviews on it.

I bought it at launch, used it twice and threw it out. Didn’t do anything for my lashes and was difficult to remove. Back to MAC for me. Really don’t understand the rave reviews on it.
Thank you for that. Was beginning to think I was on a different planet. I am absolutely loving a mascara from Wilko. It’s Essence False Lash. Got mine from Amazon as I don’t have a local Wilko. It’s impressive.

Thank you for that. Was beginning to think I was on a different planet. I am absolutely loving a mascara from Wilko. It’s Essence False Lash. Got mine from Amazon as I don’t have a local Wilko. It’s impressive.
Oh, we have a Wilco here, I’ll pick one up next time I’m in town. Thank you for the tip😊

Latest posts

Back