Vionic Footwear With FMT Technology TSV 18/02/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wasn't aware when ordering they were going to be a TSV and can't remember if the £50 normal price was shown at the time of my purchase 2 Feb.

View attachment 10107 View attachment 10108

Since wearing a couple of times can honestly say the strong man-made (plastic) smell is as bad as ever!
The suede type man-made footbed does make the soles of the feet very warm and between the two materials they do draw the feet somewhat.

The Vionic slippers I had for Christmas have helped tremendously since having the metal plate and pins out of my ankle last July and I thought these would be ideal for the warmer days, but still can't make my mind up.

I think it will be a very long time before I make another impulse purchase from the Q again.

BTW, has anybody used the new returns system through Hermes yet??

I find you never get rid of the smell. Once on holiday I saw a lovely funky tote bag which I bought as a gift. The girl went into the back and brought one out packaged up. When I went to repackage it at home the pong would have knocked you dead so I couldn't use it as a gift. I spent months hanging it on the line and spraying to no avail . Recently I purchased a pair of navy shoes which I needed for an outfit and were the only pair I could get, again they ponged and despite stuffing a Yankee tart in both shoes for months every time I open the shoe cupboard the smell would knock you dead.

My advice is if you can return them do so as the smell will never go.

Yes , I had it for 18 months, it has now all but gone. It was brought on by wearing birkenstocks, they are hard and flat and have no shock absorbing sole (according to Dr) . The only thing that has helped me is wearing Fitflops (so comfy) they have a spongey sole and were the only things I could wear which gave me relief so that I could walk!! I bought the vionic slippers before christmas and they are very good too, have a nice forgiving sole, so if these TSV sandals (which I have also ordered) are made same, then you should find them helpful.

I also swear by Fitflops. I have several pairs of sandals and a couple of pairs of boots. They are unbelievably comfy and you feel like you are walking on air. They seem to help your body align itself properly and I can honestly say that helped with my sciatica. I know they are not cheap, especially the boots but I could not live without them now.

Hi I have have these flip flops from last year and just ordered another pair from marks and spencer outlet . Are the fit flops similar to this ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 153
Hi I have have these flip flops from last year and just ordered another pair from marks and spencer outlet . Are the fit flops similar to this ?

Hi Goldie. Yes they look very similar to these. How did they work for you? Were they comfy? I like Fitflops because they do dressier styles for wear in the evening as well as sporty every day styles.

Hi Goldie. Yes they look very similar to these. How did they work for you? Were they comfy? I like Fitflops because they do dressier styles for wear in the evening as well as sporty every day styles.

Hi

Well I think my plantar fasciitis came on last summer with wearing flat style flip flops , I then bought the m&s ones which were better but still hard to tell with foot being so sore.
I am still struggling to find a pair shoes that help this condition as the insoles they recommend are hopeless .

Hi

Well I think my plantar fasciitis came on last summer with wearing flat style flip flops , I then bought the m&s ones which were better but still hard to tell with foot being so sore.
I am still struggling to find a pair shoes that help this condition as the insoles they recommend are hopeless .

The thing with Fitflops is they are built on micowobbleboard midsoles which helps diffuse underfoot pressure and absorb shock - which is what you need if you have PF. I have pretty much lived in them for 18 months and my PF is now gone. I must admit I didnt realise at the outset that it could take so long to heal and get better! I can honestly say that without them I just couldnt have walked very far at all, it was very severe, they were a godsend and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

When you first put on fitflops they do feel a bit hard, but persevere because they soften to you foot shape and are divine. They sort of support you in the middle of your foot so that you arent getting the full weight on the heel area where its painful. When my PF was full blown, I couldnt put my foot to the floor in the morning without severe pain - I stretched the foot back to stretch out the fascia and then on went the fitflops.

They can be expensive, but the way I viewed it was that I couldnt put any other shoes on, so therefore I wasnt buying any other shoes. I was lucky to get a pair of walkstar slides in a coral colour in TK Max for £24 which was good. I wore my first pair indoors and outdoors all summer and they are still going strong. I have 4 pairs now and have just bought some gorgeous ones with swarovski crystals in the Fitflop sale in january.

http://www.fitflop.co.uk/Womens-Rock-Chic-Slide-Midnight-Blue/883945288210,en_GB,pd.html?start=7&cgid=crystal
Sorry to go on a bit.

The thing with Fitflops is they are built on micowobbleboard midsoles which helps diffuse underfoot pressure and absorb shock - which is what you need if you have PF. I have pretty much lived in them for 18 months and my PF is now gone. I must admit I didnt realise at the outset that it could take so long to heal and get better! I can honestly say that without them I just couldnt have walked very far at all, it was very severe, they were a godsend and I cannot recommend them highly enough.

When you first put on fitflops they do feel a bit hard, but persevere because they soften to you foot shape and are divine. They sort of support you in the middle of your foot so that you arent getting the full weight on the heel area where its painful. When my PF was full blown, I couldnt put my foot to the floor in the morning without severe pain - I stretched the foot back to stretch out the fascia and then on went the fitflops.

They can be expensive, but the way I viewed it was that I couldnt put any other shoes on, so therefore I wasnt buying any other shoes. I was lucky to get a pair of walkstar slides in a coral colour in TK Max for £24 which was good. I wore my first pair indoors and outdoors all summer and they are still going strong. I have 4 pairs now and have just bought some gorgeous ones with swarovski crystals in the Fitflop sale in january.

http://www.fitflop.co.uk/Womens-Rock-Chic-Slide-Midnight-Blue/883945288210,en_GB,pd.html?start=7&cgid=crystal
Sorry to go on a bit.

Oh thanks so much for this information !! I will have a look on their website for a pair . I really want this to go away as can be so painful as you say first thing in morning or after a walk round shops I am in agony . I am size 7.5 do you need to go up or down size ?

Oh thanks so much for this information !! I will have a look on their website for a pair . I really want this to go away as can be so painful as you say first thing in morning or after a walk round shops I am in agony . I am size 7.5 do you need to go up or down size ?

I can empathise with you. I actually bought a splint for the foot to wear in bed to keep the foot from dropping and therefore the fascia from shortening overnight, but it was awful - sent it back to Amazon!.
It is important you stretch the fascia in the morning to prevent any further tears in it when putting weight on it. Just sit on the edge of the bed and spend a few minutes pulling you foot back so that the tendon is stretched, iykwim.
Regarding size, when I bought my first pair from house of fraser, because I have a high instep I found the strap over the top too shallow and couldnt get my usual size 5 on as my foot didnt go in far enough. I therefore went up from my usual size 5 to size 6 and since then have alway bought a 6 and they dont feel too big at all - maybe fractionally long where my big toes ends, but it looks fine. However, I think if you havent got a high instep you will probably be ok whether you buy the toepost (which I cannot got along with) or the slides. You could alway try a pair on in John Lewis for fit and then order some from the fitflop website if you prefer 'cos they do some cracking styles and colours!!
As I said before though, they will feel sort of firm when you first put a new pair on - but please dont let this put you off - your foot will thankyou. haha. Good luck

Oh brill that's where I work never new we sold then means can get staff discount lol . Thanks for your help !!

I too suffer from plantar facitis, and agree it agony, you would try anything to be pain free. i have to wear dress at wrk soI bought a pair of vionic shoes from QVC at TSV price ( flattish, ballet type pumps) but were still £60, the uppers were so hard, and the bit at the heel/Achilles so high up that I had massive blisters within 1/2 hour. I didn't try them out before the 30 days ( my bad) so pulled the insoles out and put them in my other shoes. The insole part works, pity about the shoes. Expensive insole! Best advice - attend a qualified podiatrist and get specially fitted orthotic insole made to measure.

Hi

Well ordered a pair of Vionic from simply feet and they have just arrived brill service.OMG unbelievable comfort and what a bargin only a few sizes left in sale size 8 is a 41 so perfect for us 7.5 girls ! Now off into town to try on fit flops 

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 136
Well these finally arrived today along with the earth spirit shoes. Love the earth spirit ones! perfect in every way. These are going to take some getting used to. They feel a bit funny but the fit is alright (after a bit of tightening) so I will try the suggested 'several hours for a few days' thing

Latest posts

Back