Valances

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
This just occurred to me yesterday, when Mayfair Manor - another QVC 'proprietory' brand, aka equivalent of a supermarket's own range, - was the tsv; does anyone put the valance on top of the mattress? The main reason I didn't go for it was I don't like the hassle of removing the mattress, to put the valance on the bed. When I did use a valance I used it as a sheet. So although the set was still cheap, even if I didn't use the valance, it wasn't as good a deal, and I would have been paying for something I didn't want, and wouldn't use.

I don't use valances anymore as the modern bed basesa are really nice. my daughter has a lovely upholstered divan/drawer one in a honeycombed fushia velvet and the headboard is in the same fabric.but will keep my valances for when they come back in vogue

I have got one valance - on a divan bed in the spare room - not as a decorative feature though, simply to cover up the cat having used it as a scratching post!

I don't use valances anymore as the modern bed basesa are really nice. my daughter has a lovely upholstered divan/drawer one in a honeycombed fushia velvet and the headboard is in the same fabric.but will keep my valances for when they come back in vogue

Mine is a new bed and, you're right, the bases look so good now.

I agree on both counts - you can give yourself a hernia trying to position the valance under the mattress (which I do), but animals on the floor at the bottom of the bed do tend to snuggle up to the base, so I shall have to continue the wrestling match until I no longer have the furry beasts.

Have a Mayfair Manor set very like yesterdays tsv (but with more cotton content, a lot better) and I hate the valance as I have a slatted bed, well in fact its low futon with a wooden edge all around it so a valance is certainly a waste of time. The material used for the 'silky' edge is very mad made and horrible to touch BUT the rest of the set is stunning and well worth the cost even for a useless valance. The comforter is as warm as quilt I find and having purchased the dream mattress and a feather bed as well I am loving my whole bed experience, I feel quite pampered. I'm having lies on the bed in the day and not sleeping to savour the sensation.

Depends how valance is constructed. On top of mattress, it needs to be fitted to corners with a boxing finish. Under mattress, they can be flat with no need for corners. Some divan heights are too high so valance is half mast. Need to measure carefully for detail you want. I don't bother any more with valances, I always tripped on them and as I am light on my feet now, I don't need any encouragement to fall! They are old style boudoiresque.

I hate valances. I work occasionally in a hotel and all the beds have them. They are such a pain in the **** when you have to strip and remake a bed quickly.

I used to have two duvet sets by Janet Reger & Vantona which had valanced sheets, so much easier than just a valance. Back then there was no mention of thread counts but they lasted for years.

Appear to have fallen out of fashion as you don't seem to be able to get them anymore which is a shame as I liked them.

I still like a valance, I think it finishes the bed off, but you do have to measure the frill as I either have them half mast or dragging on the floor. Perhaps when I have a new bed the bed bases might look better without.

Latest posts

Back