Unbelievable Richard Jackson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I probably wouldn't have spotted it if it wasn't for the post about the best laugh in ages.

When the guest there came up with his story from victorian times, after recovering Richard Jackson started saying it was the most scented plant in the world and used in Chanel No. 5.

He's now trotted out the exact same line about item number 501120, which is not the same plant!

If you are interested to see it, the gardening show should be repeated +1 hour on the PLUS channel option available from the website.

Whatever credence I may have given to his utterings before has now vanished.

Just looked up the components of channel no 5. Aldehydes, Bergamot, lemon, neroli, ylang ylang, Jasmine, Rose, Lily of the Valley, Iris, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Amber, Patchouli.

Unless the rose is actually "tuberose", I can't see either polyanthus or tuber in the notes of Chanel no 5. So what is Richard Jackson on about?

Ph Please! What does that raspy ol' gnome know about Chanel No 5?! He was on after Midnight hawking his "Flaaaaah Paaaaaaa." (I think he's had some voice coaching from that ghastly Peony woman, as well as the woman who played Phyllis in Coronation Street).

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" exclaimed Jackson, looking like one of the Seven Dwarves, as he showed two platefuls of tomatoes - one supposedly grown with "Flaaaah Paaa" and one without. The Flaaaaah Paaah tomatoes looked like beefsteaks that had been on steroids! I wouldn't want to eat gigantesque tomatoes full of his chemicals.

Oh yes he's learned very well from the presenters, slags of the producer every chance he gets, talks so fast you need an interpreter, and the best bit he's learned from them is to lie, yes good old fashioned lies from Little Richard :mysmilie_14:

polyanthus dont have a scent as such they are not grown for perfume more thier bold spring flowers

Ph Please! What does that raspy ol' gnome know about Chanel No 5?! He was on after Midnight hawking his "Flaaaaah Paaaaaaa." (I think he's had some voice coaching from that ghastly Peony woman, as well as the woman who played Phyllis in Coronation Street).

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" exclaimed Jackson, looking like one of the Seven Dwarves, as he showed two platefuls of tomatoes - one supposedly grown with "Flaaaah Paaa" and one without. The Flaaaaah Paaah tomatoes looked like beefsteaks that had been on steroids! I wouldn't want to eat gigantesque tomatoes full of his chemicals.[/QUOTE

Ever tried to grow tomatoes Julius? Feeding them does make a difference. I've eaten lots of things with Mr Jacksons "chemicals" on them and hey, I'm still alive.

CC

I have grown tomatoes, yes, on my uncle's allotment. We used to feed them with comfrey juice - basically comfrey leaves squashed into a barrel of water and left to ferment. The tomatoes were delicious and had that real tomato taste and smell - a world apart from the anaemic-looking fruits one sees in the supermarkets. I know my uncle used something called Phosphagen too. It came in a small orange packet.

I think that was phostrogen julius and you are right just as good as the gnomes at a fraction of the price and candycane of course you are still alive would not sell any of his products if he poisoned you would he.:mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back