Ultrasun TSV 2/4/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bulked out with bloomin aftersun again! I'll pay for a decent sunscreen as I need a high factor and cheapo factor 50 sunscreen (although technically just as good) leaves a rotten greasy sheen and sticky skin. However, aftersun whatever the cost does the job without stickiness, so I begrudge them bulking packs out with this.

Last edited:
I would have bought the option with the Glimmer 20 but I don't want the Family 30. So it's a no from me.

Oh no! We are coming into the season of Ultrasun and the unbearable Any! I will be avoiding QVC like the plague as l can't stand the woman with her constant 'I want you to........'Her voice is like nails scraping down a blackboard!

Oh no! We are coming into the season of Ultrasun and the unbearable Any! I will be avoiding QVC like the plague as l can't stand the woman with her constant 'I want you to........'Her voice is like nails scraping down a blackboard!

I meant to say 'the unbearable Aby' the spellcheck on here drives me mad at times.

Will Gowing could do with some Ultrasun. He's looking old. As for Abi, there she is going on about the once-a-day application. "It's fine in water....towel drying...perspiring...."
Right, Abi so I can sue you when I turn out like a lobster, can I? I would NEVER trust a once-a-day application. Never. Whenever you look on the small print of sunscreens they always tend to classify a day as 6 hours. I ask you, whose day is 6 hours long, eh? Let's say you get up a 7am, slap on the old SPF, and what, we have to be back in a 1pm?!! Really!?? I know one should avoid the hottest part of the day but sometimes it's not always possible. I'm going abroad to write a travel feature in May and I have 4 days to find out absolutely everything about a place and write it up. I will be out ALL DAY from 7 in the morning until 10 at night! And no I won't be using Ultrasun, I'll use my Boots Soltan which does actually offer 5 star UVA protection and lasts 8 hours. Even with the 8 hour thing I will still reapply.

Spent 9 hours outside at Farnborough Airshow last year on one of the hottest days of that year - I used ultra sun and it was great. I am very fair and this protected me all day.

BUT I did burn on a small part of the back of both hands.... which I didn't fully realise until It was too late. It was because of washing my hands through the day. So, be warned and reapply to hands.

I also used this brolly which has UV protection - it was fab.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009R2G4RK/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I think I would quite like to try this TSV. Never used Ultrasun before. Like the look of the Glimmer & the face 30. Hoping we get lots of sunshine this year:)

What with the dreadful Abi (ultrasun) and RJ (the smarmy garden gnome) on our tv all summer...there will be no hiding place...they both do my head in.

Love my ultrasun and thank,you for the heads up you Lovley people ;0))) :mysmilie_12:....I always say it but this forum is the best for advice and tips and your generosity with it all

I quite fancy the high SPF set for the aftesun alone as my bottle is nearly empty. Never have been keen on the lip SPF , mine is the lip SPF 15 from a kit. I've noticed that there are two identical kits to the upcoming tsv in sample sizes at the moment.

I second Juiius and his recommendation of Boots Soltan. I wrote about it on a thread recently, the last time Ultrasun reared its head. Having fallen for a multipack offer years ago because of Abi in hyper mode, I only realised afterwards that two stonking great bottles of F 20 are no use to someone who needs F 50. Didn't like the F 50 when I finally made another expensive purchase of Ultrasun, bulked out as someone else said, with after sun, which is only cream like Nivea etc.
Since then I have got Boots Soltan (being careful to get the packs labelled Once) for one a day application, and it has done me well. Shall be ordering this summer at a 3 for 2 offer time to stock up for India.
Since you have mentioned your 4 day writing freebie, Julius, I think it only fair that you throw open to competition the role of pencil carrier. I am ready for the audition.

I like Utlrasun, it suits me and I have used in Malayasia and Singapore, without burning. I am fair and burn easily.I have had rashes with sun products in the past so will stick with what works and suits me!

Ultrasun is a far better product than Soltan for me. I'm very fair skinned, and the face 30 and 20 Glimmer work very well for me on my travels to the tropics.
My husband has a more swarthy complexion and tans easily, he uses the Ultrasun Sport Gel - which is also works brilliantly on his bald head.

I've used Superdrug's own brand with built in tan accelerator and it's a joy to use after struggling to spread Ultrasun (not sure which one probably spf20 or 30). None of our family got on well with Ultrasun, we even abandoned the giant pump bottle and bought P20 again mid holiday a couple of years ago. You can buy P20 with spf30 now. The only Ultrasun product that was ok on me is the face product but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.

To avoid Abbi and RJ I shall spend this summer in my garden wearing Superdrug SPF and trying not to kill off the robust young bedding plants I'll buy locally and feed with cheap and cheerful plant food! I do fancy a parasol though cos hats give me a hot head and a headache!

I've used Superdrug's own brand with built in tan accelerator and it's a joy to use after struggling to spread Ultrasun (not sure which one probably spf20 or 30). None of our family got on well with Ultrasun, we even abandoned the giant pump bottle and bought P20 again mid holiday a couple of years ago. You can buy P20 with spf30 now. The only Ultrasun product that was ok on me is the face product but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.

To avoid Abbi and RJ I shall spend this summer in my garden wearing Superdrug SPF and trying not to kill off the robust young bedding plants I'll buy locally and feed with cheap and cheerful plant food! I do fancy a parasol though cos hats give me a hot head and a headache!

I might have a look out for this Superdrug SPF Akimbo! I normally use a Piz Buin one! My only worry is that l can suffer from prickly heat and the Piz Buin really does seem to help prevent this.

I've just looked on the Superdrug site but can only see the "Tan Stim" lotion and sprays in spf 10 and 15 which is a shame, I've had the previous version in spf 20. I'll double check instore next time I'm in town. Hopefully it'll appear online at a later date?

Latest posts

Back