Twist - the new buzz word

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I despair of Jackie's hair. It's now long enough to have a 70s vibe. But it is heavy, a poor match for her own hair, and I cannot fathom why she persists in the delusion it looks good.

I don't mind her on the shows with Ruth Langsford (they are doing 2 in the latest batch, and the first 2-hour installment was last night) as the two of them have a very good rapport. They have now graduated on to doing shows with only the stuff in Ruth's range.

Back to twists...

Are they dancing?
Are they whingeing children (twisting)?
Are they manipulating things?
Are they sadistic, morbid or otherwise out of the norm?

Chubby Checker must've been a "designer" beyond his years, he was "Twisting Again" over fifty years ago. :mysmilie_17:

How about the awful word "nod?" The other day a guest said some cheap old slacks were "a nod to the athleisure trend." I thought to myself: "What a load of old bollocks, they're a nod to some cheap, chavvy tracksuit bottoms."

Does Glen Campbell still talk about 'the story'? Do they still talk about the Pantone colour? What is a Pantone colour?

Does Glen Campbell still talk about 'the story'? Do they still talk about the Pantone colour? What is a Pantone colour?

Pantone produce reference guides for designers and manufacturers so that colours are exactly as they should be rather than just an approximation. You'd never know this from how QVC abuses the term. They often spout cobblers about some vaguely green outfit being the "Pantone colour" of the season. They'll then say the same for something that isn't even similar in colour. A Pantone colour is always a precise shade that never varies. QVC's spiel is all just hogwash for sales. The Pantone company should sue them for misrepresentation.

Latest posts

Back