TV Celebs Wannabees or genuine Sales Job which happens to be on telly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Every episode I watched where DH was acting as an antiques expert they seemed to lose money on the transactions! Perhaps it was my bad influence? :giggle: IMO the only antiques expert who seems to make a profit every time he's on is the Scottish expert, Paul Laidlaw. He seems to have an incredible eye for what will, or won't, sell and make a profit.

As someone who loves their antiques and antique tv shows I couldnt place the name but when I googled him I knew who he was and agree that he is a total sickner.

Have to agree with you there HistMyst - he actually does know his stuff. The other experts are a mixed bag, and in the main very watchable, some are OTT camp and some are humorous,- DH is none of these, but is clearly the type to 'worm' his way in; surprised he hasn't shown up on any of the reality shows, but give it time.

Firstly, it was a fun question out of interest, nothing else! Diversity in the way of landing these jobs without ambition, eg Chloe was with Sky Sports and now selly telly. Many others have had varied backgrounds and now selling on TV!
Disagree slightly as not increasing your profile - any publicity increases your profile albeit good or bad!?

People will always be interested in people, unfortunately due to being on our screens and social media I do agree this can attract the wrong sort at times. I think they are just doing a job like most of us.

Don't be so disingenuous: you know exactly what she's getting at and it's out of order. GG: Are you suggesting that some people got their jobs just because they're black? The only other 'diversity' issue could be disabled, and there's no-one who fits that description on the Q. If I'm wrong, then please clarify the meaning of it.
Of course not, I meant by landing in roles that they never really set out to do. This happens in a lot of careers. Only meant as a fun question and good luck to them. Certainly not my type of job, no thanks! Must say some are excellent at their jobs and good to watch.

Latest posts

Back