Tut Tut Jill Franks.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

.............. it doesn't stop some of the deluded folk on Facebook who seem to think it's still the best value and best place to shop

Yeah most of them are the DF followers who think she's some kind of deity :doh:

And of course we spend far too long watching the guest and presenter yakking, yet never properly see the colour variations it comes in. Then you get whisked around the model wearing it, invariably they will have any detailing impossible to see as it's dark colour on dark colour... grrrr

Totally agree with you there. My Mum has very kindly asked me if I would like a pair of EMU boots for Christmas. I've spent days and days trying to decide which ones and which colour I want. I've watched two live shows over the past week and maybe about three or four pre-recorded shows on QVC Style. And I'm still none the wiser. You get a quick look at the line up of colours and a quick look at the model wearing them - and about ten minutes on each item of Sarah Booker telling us how may pairs she's got and how many years she's had them for and every place she's ever worn them to - in between standing dancing about in a tank of water! I really want to see a longer and closer view of the colours, the shape, the style and perhaps more models wearing the various colours with different coloured outfits for comparison. The website isn't much more helpful either as they only have either pictures of some colours or one picture of a colour so that you're only getting a view of it from one angle. Very annoying.

You're not alone LATI, I've never seen the appeal of L'occitante, and even if I did I couldn't watch more than ten minutes of Alexis. I really can't see the point of spending £30 on handwash that goes straight down the drain, but each to their own, we all spend our money as we choose :)

I've always thought the same about Molton Brown as well - paying a lot of money for the 'smelling experience' and listening to them pontificate about sandy beaches and palm trees. Bollocks ! a bar of soap does the same job and cheaper. Every morning I stand at the washbasin foaming up my Lily of the Valley, 'drinking' in the aroma and imagining I'm laid with Colin Firth under a tree......... (for the sake of decency I omitted the word 'getting')

Totally agree with you there. My Mum has very kindly asked me if I would like a pair of EMU boots for Christmas. I've spent days and days trying to decide which ones and which colour I want. I've watched two live shows over the past week and maybe about three or four pre-recorded shows on QVC Style. And I'm still none the wiser. You get a quick look at the line up of colours and a quick look at the model wearing them - and about ten minutes on each item of Sarah Booker telling us how may pairs she's got and how many years she's had them for and every place she's ever worn them to - in between standing dancing about in a tank of water! I really want to see a longer and closer view of the colours, the shape, the style and perhaps more models wearing the various colours with different coloured outfits for comparison. The website isn't much more helpful either as they only have either pictures of some colours or one picture of a colour so that you're only getting a view of it from one angle. Very annoying.

I have at least four pairs of Emu boots. Loved them all at first for the warm and comfort they gave. Over time, I found that my Stinger Hi boots went baggy and I didn't have any grip on them. They became like slouch boots, no structure in the legs. They looked very scruffy. The soles became smooth and there was no tread on them. I could wear them on cold, dry days but they were no good on wet days and positively dangerous to wear when it snowed. I could not recommend them as winter boots. There are better boots out there in the £100-£150 price bracket that will keep you warm, dry and upright.

I must be the only person in the world who is not a big fan of L'occitane but most of all I find Alexis very smug sitting washing her hands and expecting it to be the norm to have 30 quid shower gel in all of your five bathrooms.

Her and Chuntley on a show would be the presenters from hell.

I don't know about having L'Occitane products in the 5 bathrooms we're all supposed to have, I couldn't afford the Cif and rubber gloves to keep them clean!

Latest posts

Back