Tunic by Nina Leonard TSV 26/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That shape looks like it will be very clingy around the midriff - let's hope they dress the plus size model and presenters in the right size and not squeeze them into something too small.

Just because it does stretch, doesn't mean it should!

When are they going to do the decent thing and abandon all types of hankie- and shark-bite hems? These tops would look so much better without.

I like the polka dot but wouldn't buy it with the horrible hem.I agree its time they did something about them ,but they must be selling because there seem to be more and more. They won't stop until people get fed up with them.

It airs at midnight as it's Wednesday's TSV. (If that's what you mean.)

Printed Sharkbite Hem Tunic by Nina Leonard
Item Number: 157595
QVC Price: £35.00
Today's Special Value Price £24.98
P&P £3.95

This tunic top from Nina Leonard comes in a long flattering style that skims the tummy and hips, and features a stylish sharkbite hemline to draw the eye down and elongate the body. In a choice of gorgeous all-over prints, with contrast detailing at the side vents and around the scooped neckline, it'll inject colour and movement to your weekend wardrobe in a flash.

Versatile style - a great trans-seasonal piece that can be worn from winter to summer, you can pair this tunic with anything from classic trousers to jeans and leggings for a wide range of outfit options to suit any occasion.

Take your pick - with four attractive prints to choose from, you are sure to find the ideal pattern and shade to complement pieces already in your wardrobe. Pick from polka-dotted Navy Spot, classic Turquoise Paisley, the bold floral Red Rose, or monochrome Black Scroll.

Elbow length sleeves
95% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Navy Spot
Black Scroll
Turquoise Paisley
Red Rose

Garment measurements:

Chest: S: 86.4cm (34"), M: 91.4cm (36"), L: 96.5cm (38"), XL: 104.1cm (41"), 2XL: 119.4cm (47"), 3XL: 129.5cm (51")
Hip: S: 101.6cm (40"), M: 106.7cm (42"), L: 111.8cm (44"), XL: 119.4cm (47"), 2XL: 132.1cm (52"), 3XL: 142.2cm (56")
Length: S: 74.9cm (29.5"), M: 76.2cm (30"), L: 77.5cm (30.5"), XL: 78.7cm (31"), 2XL: 80cm (31.5"), 3XL: 81.3cm (32")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.157595

I like the polka dot but wouldn't buy it with the horrible hem.I agree its time they did something about them ,but they must be selling because there seem to be more and more. They won't stop until people get fed up with them.

I couldn`t agree more ..it just spoils the look completely and Debbie has just said its slimming on the hips ...its anything but it just emphasizes them even more !!

Well the a.....e on the website model looks anything but sylph like, so a no no from me. I too like the polka dot, but I can see it going into the charity bag at a future date.

DF and the guest both look horrible in it. DF is rocking it with her Cpt Jack Sparrow boots and the guest looks a tad squashed into the red tunic and talks about wearing it for Valentine Day fgs.
The hemline is awful.

DF and the guest both look horrible in it. DF is rocking it with her Cpt Jack Sparrow boots and the guest looks a tad squashed into the red tunic and talks about wearing it for Valentine Day fgs.
The hemline is awful.

Yeah, a fairly nice shape , neckline and sleeves ,until the hemline comes into view ..DF shimmying about trying to make it look good ,but it emphasises the hips big time. They both need a size larger than they are wearing ,but don't think it will make much difference overall.Horrible design.....

Last edited:
Awful awful awful, DF keeps saying how it makes her waist look small, of course it does, that's because it make your hips look massive!

Ugh, I see shark bite gems nowhere but on QVC.

I wouldn't pay a fiver for it in Primark. So many brands on qvc seem to do the same type of tops, they all seem interchangeable - stretchy polyester in gaudy patterns with misshappen hemlines.

I'm confused about the intended fit of this garment. Is it meant to be figure-hugging, fitted across the bust, in at the waist, close fitting at the bum and hanging loose at the hem, bunched around hips and thighs ?

Or is it meant to skim the body to disguise lumps, bumps and out of proportion body shapes and to hold a good shape to around the hem ?

When are they going to do the decent thing and abandon all types of hankie- and shark-bite hems? These tops would look so much better without.

I can only think they are trying to get that nicely hanging swishy finish you get when using better quality fabric and cut on the bias. But using cheap fabric and cutting them as economically as poss because bias cutting uses a lot more fabric.

Good grief, it's dire!
They'd have been better scrapping at awful hem & making it longer as a dress as the top half is quite a nice shape.

Latest posts

Back