Tua Tren'dface

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Just wondering if any of you folks out there have any experience of this facial exercise gadget? I have one ( ordered when on EP) & am using and enjoying it at the moments. I am within my 30 day MBG but am just wondering if I am going to see any 'results' within this time?I am determined it is not going to become another ( expensive!) gadget that is going to find it's way to the back of a cupboard gathering dust.

Would be grateful if anyone has any comments re Tua Trend or any other similar machine.
Does the principal work?I am over 60 & it is for firming.The only other way is 'under the knife' & that isn't an option.

Thanks SFX

I'd be interested to know what users think of this too, so watching your thread, as I've wondered about it.

I'm very tempted to use the little Rio neck firmer I got on the face!:cheeky:
Has anyone tried it?

I have not used the Tua Trend but as someone who uses microcurrent in treatments I would highly recommend it. It really does improve circulation, skin tone, stimulates collagen production, reduces puffiness around the eyes, helps with dark circles, firms the jaw line and softens lines. It will lift and firm unlike creams on the market that claim they can and unlike going under the knife this treatment will last providing the maintenance is kept up.

Microcurrent was originally used to treat Bell's Palsy on weakened muscles.

The treatments are not painful, expect a tingling sensation. If you have a lot of fillings then you may experience a strong metal taste in your mouth. You will feel a difference after the first session and may also see a difference after the first one depending on your current muscle tone and skin condition but should see good results after 4-5, take a photo before you start so that you can see the changes.

The main thing is to stick and commit to whatever the recommended treatments are, usually around 10 treaments within the first month and then just once a month for maintenance, if you don't keep up the maintenance though you will lose the results and your skin will return to how it was before you started.

However there are contraindications to microcurrent, such as history of heart problems,
pacemaker, suffer with epilepsy, have any skin diseases or infections, broken skin or have any metal pins or plates in the body.

Silver Fox...what frequency of treatment does the Tua Trend advise?
:flower:

Last edited:
I have not used the Tua Trend but as someone who uses microcurrent in treatments I would highly recommend it. It really does improve circulation, skin tone, stimulates collagen production, reduces puffiness around the eyes, helps with dark circles, firms the jaw line and softens lines. It will lift and firm unlike creams on the market that claim they can and unlike going under the knife this treatment will last providing the maintenance is kept up.

Microcurrent was originally used to treat Bell's Palsy on weakened muscles.

The treatments are not painful, expect a tingling sensation. If you have a lot of fillings then you may experience a strong metal taste in your mouth. You will feel a difference after the first session and may also see a difference after the first one depending on your current muscle tone and skin condition but should see good results after 4-5, take a photo before you start so that you can see the changes.

The main thing is to stick and commit to whatever the recommended treatments are, usually around 10 treaments within the first month and then just once a month for maintenance, if you don't keep up the maintenance though you will lose the results and your skin will return to how it was before you started.

However there are contraindications to microcurrent, such as history of heart problems,
pacemaker, suffer with epilepsy, have any skin diseases or infections, broken skin or have any metal pins or plates in the body.

Silver Fox...what frequency of treatment does the Tua Trend advise?

What a brilliant post! I experienced that metal taste and it really put me off-had I known why, I might not have worried. I didn't try the Tua Trend, the one I used was a much cheaper brand. I sent it back, because I just got bored of it, and became convinced it wasn't working. I wish I had persisted now, having read your post!

I've never thought about using something like this but you guys have got me interested. I've turned 30 and want to try and stave off the signs of aging (dont we all) as much as I can. I have a saggy chin/neck which is due to being overweight. Hoping to lose some weight over the next year so wonder if I should maybe give this a go, or perhaps use the cheaper neck/chin machine on QVC?

I have the Rio hand held neck thingy, got it just this week from Amazon, as I have inherited a real Welsh double chin (and of course I was very overweight, now I'm just overweight!!!!). I saw they had a facial version on IW, and the only difference I could perceive was the cost, 2 and a half times, and the fact that the facial one has, ahem, bigger balls for contacts. So I am going to give it a go! Wish me luck!

I've never thought about using something like this but you guys have got me interested. I've turned 30 and want to try and stave off the signs of aging (dont we all) as much as I can. I have a saggy chin/neck which is due to being overweight. Hoping to lose some weight over the next year so wonder if I should maybe give this a go, or perhaps use the cheaper neck/chin machine on QVC?

I've tried the battery operated one from QVC. Used it religiously for two months but saw no results whatsoever. I'm wondering if the Trend may be more effective.

thanks for your comments! I am going to keep going with this, as it is easy to use as I watch TV.You do have to be dedicated ( they pointed this out on QVC) & I am not good at this if I don't get instant results.
I have a couple of fillings which it does irritate, but not too bad, as most of my teeth are crowns!

Ms Trouble--- They recommend daily for about 3 months & then 3 times a week to maintain, hence my question so hopefully I will see some result within the 30 days! watch this space!!!

Yep MsTrouble, I too have the microcurrent facial, on a monthly basis. I started 7 years ago with a first course of 10 treatments to get the skin muscles "going" and I have never looked back ! Its the BEST beauty treatment ever to puff up and puff out those crinkles and wrinkles. Creams themselves never work, but as an add on then yes.

I bought the Tua T'ren when it was the tsv, and it just keeps me "topped" up between treatments. Yes there is the metallic taste around the mouth but it doesn't hurt.

I am 63 and I have a better wrinkle free face than Lulu, and its down to the salon Caci treatments. So stick with the Tua ladies - it has to be used regularly, not just now and then.

Thanks Brissles I'll look at the Caci treatments maybe just as a 'kick start'? Depending on cost otherwise I will be up to the cost of a face lift! have never liked the idea of surgery which is non essential so won't be going there at any cost.

I have the Rio hand held neck thingy, I saw they had a facial version on IW, and the only difference I could perceive was the cost, 2 and a half times, and the fact that the facial one has, ahem, bigger balls for contacts. So I am going to give it a go! Wish me luck!

That's what I thought too so I'm going to give it a go as well.

I've been using my Tua Tren'd for about 15 months now, and I love it to pieces.

I'm 53, and the area I was concerned about was hooding of the eyes - my dad is 83 and has quite hooded eyes so I worry it's genetic so I want to ward trouble off.

I used it daily on the eye area for 6 months or so, and now just use it every other day - religiously. I am so pleased with the results and my eyes look really alive and open. Recently I met up with a friend I'd not seen for 18 months or so and she keep looking at me and saying how fabulous I looked. Made me wonder how bad I'd been looking lol. Now I can't say that it was down to the tren'd, but I have noticed a noticible difference. In the past my hubby used to sometimes say I looked tired - due I believe to my eyes looking droopy.

It's not a quick fix, and they do say to take photo's of yourself before you start treatment - I wish I had!

If I wasn't so lazy I'd do the whole face - but at the mo I don't feel the need.

I think it's a brilliant device. In the past I've had all sorts of other devices - from Slendertone, to Rio and the Cleo II. I find them such a faf with the sticky pads that I never persevered with them. Tua Tren'd is brilliant as you can even use it over your make-up - brilliant. I did have a Tua Viso but didn't get on with it simply because I found it awkward to position on the left side of my face - I'm right handed and the handset was hard to get in position.

I'd recommend this in a heartbeat!

I tried it but just did not get on with it at all. I also knew that it had to be used regularly and to be honest I knew that I would not keep it up. So returned the item. Shame as looking at some of the comments it looks like it's a gem!

Just a thought if you have returned an item and now want to give it another go and purchase again can you do that?

Perfect gadget if you are losing weight (not in a burning calories sense!) especially under the chin for fiming up.

thanks for your comments! I am going to keep going with this, as it is easy to use as I watch TV.You do have to be dedicated ( they pointed this out on QVC) & I am not good at this if I don't get instant results.
I have a couple of fillings which it does irritate, but not too bad, as most of my teeth are crowns!

Ms Trouble--- They recommend daily for about 3 months & then 3 times a week to maintain, hence my question so hopefully I will see some result within the 30 days! watch this space!!!

That's quite a long time compared to salon treatments for the initial course.

A course of salon treatments could be worthwhile if you want quicker results and then use the Tua Tre'nd for maintenance.

There are many companies like CACI that do microcurrent. In some salons they may call it 'non surgical face lifting' but the technology is the same although salons using CACI tend to charge more than others as their equipment is quite pricey but still good.

You have 30 days so you should see a good result!

I saw they had a facial version on IW, and the only difference I could perceive was the cost, 2 and a half times, and the fact that the facial one has, ahem, bigger balls for contacts. So I am going to give it a go! Wish me luck!

I have an American microcurrent device, which looks similar to that one they had on IW recently. With mine, you glide it gently across the skin and repeat each step 3 times (takes about 5 mins in total to do forehead, cheeks and neck). The muscles don't twitch and there's no tingling, even on the highest setting. At first you wonder if it's actually doing anything because you can't feel anything, but you do notice a real difference with regular use (I use it every other day) - and it seems to improve the look of my skin as well.

I have an American microcurrent device, which looks similar to that one they had on IW recently. With mine, you glide it gently across the skin and repeat each step 3 times (takes about 5 mins in total to do forehead, cheeks and neck). The muscles don't twitch and there's no tingling, even on the highest setting. At first you wonder if it's actually doing anything because you can't feel anything, but you do notice a real difference with regular use (I use it every other day) - and it seems to improve the look of my skin as well.
What is it called please? I'd like to read more about this device on the internet.

It's called Nuface. They sell it on QVC over there ... not sure if they'll ever sell it here.
http://www.mynuface.com/
Thank you very much for you reply cupcake. I looked on the internet and found that Nuface way more expensive than Tua Trend. Would you please describe how the results of Tua Trend and Nuface compare?
I have an American microcurrent device, which looks similar to that one they had on IW recently.
I tried to find this machine on IW with no luck. Would you be able to post the link or the name of this device?

Latest posts

Back