Trinny & Susannah TSV 8/11/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

very unflattering dress. the light colour panel makes everyone look huge.and that high waisted band horrid dress

Don't say she has hooked up with him :werewolf:

Julia stated she was wearing a size 12 and from the side it looked horrendous and was far too small, a 16 would have looked better, to carry off this style you need a boyish figure, most of the people wearing it look big under the band going across under the bust and their stomachs were showing as if early stages of pregnancy, very bad design imho and would not touch it.

If I was Deborah Ann I'd buy it, I thought she looked absolutely fantastic. I had a figure like that twenty years ago . . . . .

Julia stated she was wearing a size 12 and from the side it looked horrendous and was far too small, a 16 would have looked better, to carry off this style you need a boyish figure, most of the people wearing it look big under the band going across under the bust and their stomachs were showing as if early stages of pregnancy, very bad design imho and would not touch it.

... Julia looked ridiculous - as she does in practically every single thing she wears because she insists on wearing clothes that are far too small for her. It's a shame as she is an attractive woman but totally ruins her appearance because of the ill-fitting clothes... :nod:

Daily mail online today - Trinny on a date with Charles wearing her QVC dress!!

Sorry can't do links - anyone help please?

I think what killed the dress dead in the water was seeing the plus sized model squeezed into a size 16, she has a large chest and the tight fit made her look huge on the top. Not a flattering look at all. If she had been in an 18 it would have looked better. Same goes for Susannah and Julia. Wearing clothes that are too tight make you look bigger.

Yeah, but she and Susannah have the figure to carry off their clothes.

:mysmilie_5:

... Julia looked ridiculous - as she does in practically every single thing she wears because she insists on wearing clothes that are far too small for her. It's a shame as she is an attractive woman but totally ruins her appearance because of the ill-fitting clothes... :nod:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought this for a long time.

However, it appears to be the 'norm' now, to wear too tight clothes and not look in the mirror before venturing out. Everywhere we are faced with (generally young and pushing prams) women who could do with going up 2 sizes let alone one. Badly fitting tops, huge arms, bums and thighs on display in too tight leggings, and dresses fitting where they touch. I look in dismay and wonder "are fellas REALLY attracted to this look ?" so it doesn't surprise me in the least that those on the tele are starting to look the same with boobs, belly and bum all fighting for space, in the misguided belief that they look smart/chic/fashionable.

I just don't like these panelled dresses and come on, who's kidding who? If you're fat you're going to look fat in a dress, no matter what panelling there is. And ladies (yes, T&S, I'm talking to you) I do not like my knees. Why do you persist in designing dresses that show off my worst feature?

I absolutely agree with everything you say. I so wish designers at QVC would listen and make stuff that ends below the knee. Also my initial thought on seeing the repeat this morning was that Julia looked ridiculous. As has been previously stated it was too small and the waistband was too high really cutting her in too and making her stomach stick out. Why are the presenters so scared to wear their true size so that they can fit into something properly. I have for a long time stopped worrying about sizes and now just buy what actually fits regardless of the number on the label.

Also my initial thought on seeing the repeat this morning was that Julia looked ridiculous. As has been previously stated it was too small and the waistband was too high really cutting her in too and making her stomach stick out.

According to Trinny, they designed the waistband to sit high just a couple of inches under the bust because it makes your legs look longer?! If I recall Julia's response to that was "Even mine?".

Latest posts

Back