Tova on today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I prefer to spend a bit more and get 'proper' perfume. Chanel Chance, and Estee Lauder Sensuous and Pure White Linen are my current choices. At least I can stand sniffing and spraying to my hearts content when buying - which is how it should be.

Surely they must be spraying bottles filled with water. Much as I love perfume and wear it every day I couldnt sit and douse myself in it for an hour without being sick. If its real they must come off set and jump in the shower!Tried a try me set of Tova signature years ago and found it very old fasioned.

Never thought of that Bauble, you could well be spot on there, as NO-ONE could sit and spray different odours like that for an hour without retching.

Marina I asked the same questions as you but nobody has answered yet.
My Tova nights arrived. Had a little squirt. Nice. Will let you know more in a few hours.
Thank you Weathergirl please keep us posted. Did you order it last night?

Surely they must be spraying bottles filled with water.
On all recent Tova shows models were asked to describe the smell and they sniff the air and go on.

Last edited:
I prefer to spend a bit more and get 'proper' perfume. Chanel Chance, and Estee Lauder Sensuous and Pure White Linen are my current choices. At least I can stand sniffing and spraying to my hearts content when buying - which is how it should be.

Why is it proper perfume? Because it's chanel or Estee Lauder. I have owned both brands and others like them snd not re purchased. I like to try new perfumes, but hate shops snd pushy sales assistants, so most of the time I have bought duty free. Trouble is I react to many brands so end up wasting my money, a bottle of one of my favourites l'air du temps went my mums way due to a rash. I was gutted!

At least with ones from QVC I can return them if they honk or I get a rash.

Agree about them spritzing on air though. They must smell like a tart's boudoir.

No, Marina, as I was in the market for a new perfume I ordered when I saw SCW's thread of new beauty items. I ordered the Love Everlasting last night on easy pay as I want one for day too. I only have one perfume due to allergy, so far L'Occitane perfumes have been ok with no rashes.

No sign of a rash with the tova either, snd still s lovely subtle sweet smell.

Tova looks so weird. It's like someone has plonked a young face on an old neck, but then the hair (wig) isn't right. I'd love to see her with it all stripped back to 'natural'.

My Tova nights arrived. Had a little squirt. Nice.
I played back the video and Tova while describing the Tova Nights said that men get totally weak in their knees for the smell of it. Of course, it may be a "slight" exaggeration but sounds promising.

I bought it for my wife as part of her christmas presents and she really liked it. Six months later and it's still one of her favourites. I must say that I like her wearing it too and always comment when she puts it on. I'd love her just as much if she was wearing vinegar so not sure how objective I am.

I played back the video and Tova while describing the Tova Nights said that men get totally weak in their knees for the smell of it. Of course, it may be a "slight" exaggeration but sounds promising.

I always end up going back to Tova Signature,have used it for years and always get complements on the fragrance,I like the Nights too. Am sure each person has a different reaction to perfume, I only used Philosophy ~Grace~ once and it smelt like cat pee,had to go wash it off, yet the ~Amazing Grace~ was fine.

daydreamer

Right. Here is an honest review of Tova Nights, having had it on my skin for about 7 hours, and having just had a bath whilst husband watching Spain v France.

I liked the smell after spraying it. What Tova said about other people noticing even if you don't is totally true. I sprayed a teeny little squirt on my arms, as due to sensitivity I NEVER spray perfume anywhere near my neck. My husband noticed my new perfume straight away, even standing a couple of meters away. So use sparingly. I could not smell it unless I held my wrist to my nose.

The smell was pleasant, very light but with depth, definitely. Not very heavy, but a definite presence.

Still there 3 hours later. My husband asked for his opinion. He did not like it because of one of the "notes". My guess it's the patchouli, maybe the sandalwood.

I had a bath 6 hours after spraying and the scent is feint, but definitely there. Even rubbing my skin with l'Occitane soap does not totally remove. If you love a perfume, this is great, and evidence of quality. If you hate it, it's annoying.

Conclusion: Tova Nights:
Excellent price.
Described accurately by Tova.
Tova speaking the truth that a little is noticed by others.
Still there 8 hours later, even after a bath, but obviously feinter.
Hoping the Love Everlasting one is liked by both me and husband. I liked it but no matter how good the price I want to impress my husband, not repel him!
No allergy. A big plus for me as costlier perfumes have reacted with my skin and itched very very quickly, and Tiva did not.

You may like it, , and clearly the reaction of some men is the opposite of my OH. Give it a try, where else can you return a perfume if you don 't like it, or you are allergic, or your OH doesn't like it? The quality and price is great, and surely liking a scent is a very personal thing. We can't all like them all, can we?

Sadly I ordered the body mind and spirit last night on strength of Tova's discription as it is supposed to be uplifting, there are also 5 star reviews on Q, strange.
Does the love everlasting have staying power and is it really nice? I do want a special fragrance, also ordered Tova Summer on advanced order. Has anyone tried these or Tova Nights? Also the reviews on Q say that the Tova Platinum is exactly the same as the original Tova Signature, has anyone here tried it and can compare?
I tried the Tova Platinum when it was a TSV with Ambre D'Ore and sent it back. Thanks.
--
Tova has just announced that they are working on the third generation of Tova Signature, let's hope she doesn't disappoint. The reviews on qvc.com are mostly one star as it has no staying power and the smell is not quiet the same. It was announced on qvc.com a relaunch of the Tova Signature and many people bought more than one bottle as Tova was reassuring people that this is exactly the same as the original one was, and sent it back the next day. I wonder if this relaunch WAS the third generation of Tova Signature? This would meat any stock coming our way will be the same quality.

marina - i know she's a bit in her own world but i've always liked tova and used to really enjoy her shows when she sold make-up. these days it only seems to be perfume, an hour of which is boring or diamonique. anyway because i've been watching for years, i have tried some of the perfumes.

to me, the body mind and spirit was so vile, i wondered if it was off. or it might just have been me - perfume is very subjective. when qvc didn't stock it for a few years, there used to be people ringing in begging her to bring it back so it obviously IS very popular. so hopefully you will like it :)

signature was ok but i didn't really like it much. i liked nights a lot more and as i said i do like love everlasting. i haven't tried the others. i think it's signature that won the fifi award and has been going for 25 years so people must be buying it! i've only ever had any of them commented on once and that was tova nights. it was my (ex) father in law though and i was surprised cos it's very unlike him to notice anything like that.

I love BMS which I call earth wind and fire as can never remember the name lol. But Philosophy's falling in love or whatever it was reminded me of Tweed and cat piss! I really liked the original signature and nights and the Love everlasting is a nice easy light floral which my husband can smell long after I can not.

Thank you very much Weathergirl, janie and teessvee for taking the time to reply.

I really liked the original signature and nights and the Love everlasting is a nice easy light floral which my husband can smell long after I can not.
Oh, I have a lovely perfume that I can't smell after an hour but other people can, I feel a bit shortchanged since I'd like to enjoy the lovely smell all day too.

Last edited:
Tova said she was going to come back in September to celebrate her 17 years on Q and keeping in mind that she is working on the third generation of the original Signature she may be treating us to a Tova Signature TSV or a relaunch of the original Signature.

Last edited:
I received my Mind Body & Spirit and Handsome Cologne today.
I have to say I'm not over the moon. To me they don't smell expensive.
Mind Body & Spirit smells of sweet soap and Handsome smells somewhat like Gillette aftershave.
I will use my 30 DMBG and see if it grows on me.

Oh no I'd better sniff the handsome pretty sharpish. Am returning the Tova Nights, but really like Love Everlasting. It starts off smelling like L'Occitane Delice de Fleurs then a few hours later smells like white musk. I can still smell it niw and sprayed it at 8.30 this morning. Husband likes it too.

Oh no I'd better sniff the handsome pretty sharpish. Am returning the Tova Nights, but really like Love Everlasting. It starts off smelling like L'Occitane Delice de Fleurs then a few hours later smells like white musk. I can still smell it niw and sprayed it at 8.30 this morning. Husband likes it too.
I like the sound of Love Everlasting but not keen on musk, having said that Tova puts it in base of each EDP.
In Mind Body & Spirit I didn't smell "Peaches and Cream" that is what I would really love.
I'm still waiting for my Tova Summer and hoping to like it.
BTW, I was very surprised to find on both bottles that they are manufactured in the UK, as probably all Tova EDPs.

Last edited:
I received my Mind Body & Spirit and Handsome Cologne today.
I have to say I'm not over the moon. To me they don't smell expensive.
Mind Body & Spirit smells of sweet soap and Handsome smells somewhat like Gillette aftershave.
I will use my 30 DMBG and see if it grows on me.

hmmm, that makes me think the bm&s i had was off then. 'sweet soap' is hardly offensive - the one i was trying to scrub off me was definitely more flyspray.

Latest posts

Back