Help Support ShoppingTelly:

blooper on item details

Diamonique By Tova 11ct Princess Cut Signature Ring Sterling Silver
Item Number: 693805
QVC Price £48.00
Today's Special Value Price £39.98
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.45

Add a touch of Tova's own classic style to your look with this bold signature ring. It's inspired by Tova's 'commitment ring' which her husband, Ernest Borgnine, gave to her for their 25th wedding anniversary. It's a true statement piece with lots of sparkle for a grand finish. There's an array of princess-cut clear Diamonique stones which range in size from 3mm to 1.75mm. All the stones are channel set and graduate in size along the dazzling dome-shape head. The head measures about 22mm and the shank 4mm. Total equivalent diamond weight: 11.0 carats.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.693805

Many thanks for this quote, SCW, because I was thinking I was losing the plot..... saw the ring at midnight and was rather surprised at the description as being 11 cts tgw... tuned in this afternoon to see that all details have been changed to show 5ctgw.... much more likely size for the channel set princess cut stones. I was sure I had seen 11ct mentioned last night but since I couldn't find it, I am pleased you have shown that I wasn't imagining things!
I don't like the way that they try to pretend that these mistakes don't happen... I'd find it more honest if theyu said they'd made a blooper..... of course, perhaps an apology WAS made but I didn't see that :thinking2:

Interesting the way that the only glimpses we are given of Tova's own ring are very brief and if a longer shot is shown of it the comments that "this is an interpretation" of Tova's ring come out very quickly. Yes, it is indeed a pretty loose interpretation and I dobt it would be flying so fast and now be on advance orders if a longer comparison between the two rings were shown.
Cynical ? Who, me? Surely not! I just wish we could get the full range of Tova haircare etc back.... I LOVE that stuff!!

Interesting the way that the only glimpses we are given of Tova's own ring are very brief and if a longer shot is shown of it the comments that "this is an interpretation" of Tova's ring come out very quickly. Yes, it is indeed a pretty loose interpretation and I dobt it would be flying so fast and now be on advance orders if a longer comparison between the two rings were shown.

I've managed to miss these 'glimpses', what is Tova's own ring like then? (Obviously nothing like the TSV then? lol)

Kitten, the TSV is a lovely ring, very large and super sparkly , set with the princess cut stones in rows . Tova's ring has more "sculpting" to the shape... hard to explain..... I suppose it would have been too tricky to copy exactly. TSV has the rows in a dome from north to south on the finger and had a slightly champfered ( right word? err..... angled?) front, so that there is not a smooth line east to west but a slightly angled one.... ( think a bit like a fifty pence piece, but less so...!) Tova's has more sweeping pieces of gold between the rows of diamonds ......just a more complex shape, I think.:thinking2::tongue2::cool2:

Well I LOVE it and am so glad that I ordered mine on chequehold beforehand, I've just changed the payment method online to my debit card cant wait to get it :dance::dance::dance:

Better bring my shades to lunch then?:cool2:

10 minutes in and Dale has just had "a rather alarming stock update" - half the entire stock is gone apparently!

And, guess what? "It was supposed to last the day!"

QVC seems to prefer buying a smaller quantity these days and then going on to advanced orders. I suppose it stops them being landed with a lot of unsold goods and of course they have a smaller stock to pay out for initially. I have put my name on the advanced orders for this ring. Its not due until August and by that time the customer reviews should have started to appear so I can make a more informed decision as to whether to buy it or not and I will still get it at the TSV price if I go for it.

Bet

QVC seems to prefer buying a smaller quantity these days and then going on to advanced orders. I suppose it stops them being landed with a lot of unsold goods and of course they have a smaller stock to pay out for initially. I have put my name on the advanced orders for this ring. Its not due until August and by that time the customer reviews should have started to appear so I can make a more informed decision as to whether to buy it or not and I will still get it at the TSV price if I go for it.

Bet

It is lovely IRL but it is big and bold.

A bit off topic but I'm watching the beauty show at 1pm on Saturday and just wondered why they have that massive protrait of her on the floor at the front of the table.

sorry but this woman looks ridiculous her hands and neck look 70 years old and her face has not one wrinkle her belly button must be on her forehead

A bit off topic but I'm watching the beauty show at 1pm on Saturday and just wondered why they have that massive protrait of her on the floor at the front of the table.

Not sure Boris, its often there and sometimes hilariously topples over.:giggle:

Bet

Tova said today that she has had no surgery done on her eyes its all down to the cactine she said.

She has had the lot done you can tell by her neck :thinking2: good on her but why say its due to her products when its a lie :envy:
Sorry Dazzler just a little rant :giggle::giggle:

lol :grin:I know what you mean,its misleading because some people will believe its all down to the products and think they will work miracles!!!:thinking2:

I know she looks good for her age but how conceited she must be to have that flippin portrait of herself on the set! bet she spends ages admiring herself in her mirror every day!

I agree she does look good for her age but its a bit vain to have that photo there like that on show!!

Latest posts

Back