Totally misleading information

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone actually reported them to Trading Standards and what was the outcome? I'd have thought misrepreting comments were TS's domain, but obviously QVC are still getting away with it.

Yes, I did a few years ago when jewellery was Q's main money earner. It was regarding Blueberry Quartz - one of the new gemstones that Q was offering at the time (along with Russian diopside and various other 'quartzes'). It was a programme that Charlie was fronting, and said that BQ was mined from the ground as was, and didn't need heat treatment to expose the colour (most gems are heat treated by the way). So I did some research on the net, and it was all contrary to what Monsieur Brooks was spouting. I sent off the evidence to my local Trading Standards with a copy to several departments at Q (Legal, Buying, and Head of Presenters) so that they knew I meant business ! Anyway I received a letter from Trading Standards confirming they had written to QVC and were awaiting their reply. The next I knew, I heard Charlie Brooks on air recanting his previous spiel about Blueberry Quartz, and actually admitting that Trading Standards had been in touch !!! and of course Q didn't want to deceive people etc etc etc . So it was a little victory for me ! did I feel chuffed or what.

So it does work.

I've been tempted to ring CS when the presenter claims that an item is exclusively available on QVC, which doesn't explain why I've been able to buy the same thing cheaper elsewhere in several cases. (And I don't mean from eBay.)

Techie Abbi has got to be one of the worst "experts" to ever grace our screens. Even I who's knowledge would leave room to spare on a postage stamp, knows she is talking crap. And that doesn't even take into consideration that she is a so called expert in all things from a smart phone to a 50p piece of tat. That voice is like a nail down a blackboard to me.

You will be doing us all a big favour to take her and q down a peg or two.

She also said it does NOT have a wooden cabinet, which is why it is much cheaper than similar radios.

In fact, the View Quest website says that it DOES have a wooden cabinet.

I am still dithering about buying one, and trying to find it cheaper (unsuccessfully).

There is nothing to stop you purchasing and complaining. The fact that you had to do your own research before you could even considering purchasing should add strength to your case.

THEY HAVE CHANGED THE VIDEO!

The video link I gave above has now been changed, she no longer says it is British. BUT IT IT FEATURED IN "CELEBRATE BRITAIN"!!!!!

She said you can listen to stations from all over the world, resulting in a customer's question to confirm he can listen to a Gibraltar station. The answer is NO, NO, NO, totally incorrect info.

I think they are using an old video on the website, but I'm not sure, but I think I saw it before months ago.

I wonder if this was because of my complaint?

Whatever the reason, they have had a sudden spurt of sales, most colours are now sold out or on waitlist, including the one I wanted. So I have dithered for too long :(

Another View Quest radio

As well as the radio I posted about in "totally misleading information", they are also selling a View Quest "Hepburn" DAB radio.

It is £150 plus £8-95 pp.

The View Quest website is selling the same radio for £129-99.

Nearly everywhere else (Argos etc) is selling it for £99-99. Argos charges only £3-95 pp or FREE collection from any store.

How do QVC get away with it? Almost £60 more than Argos, and £20 more than the maker's recommended price.

Yes, I did a few years ago when jewellery was Q's main money earner. It was regarding Blueberry Quartz - one of the new gemstones that Q was offering at the time (along with Russian diopside and various other 'quartzes'). It was a programme that Charlie was fronting, and said that BQ was mined from the ground as was, and didn't need heat treatment to expose the colour (most gems are heat treated by the way). So I did some research on the net, and it was all contrary to what Monsieur Brooks was spouting. I sent off the evidence to my local Trading Standards with a copy to several departments at Q (Legal, Buying, and Head of Presenters) so that they knew I meant business ! Anyway I received a letter from Trading Standards confirming they had written to QVC and were awaiting their reply. The next I knew, I heard Charlie Brooks on air recanting his previous spiel about Blueberry Quartz, and actually admitting that Trading Standards had been in touch !!! and of course Q didn't want to deceive people etc etc etc . So it was a little victory for me ! did I feel chuffed or what.

So it does work.

Well done! I love it when they're pulled up when trying to decieve people, I did the same as you with BidTv, they carried on though, probably why they're no more, but well done to you :clapping: :mysmilie_14:

I've had a number of detailed emails with View Quest.

I will not post them here as View Quest may consider them confidential, except for:-

(1) I strongly suspected that you could NOT charge up the batteries while in the radio, and this has been confirmed.

I had not mentioned this before as I didn't know whether you could or not. Abbi not only said you could, but suggested charging them up overnight in the radio so that they would be ready for the next day.

(2) They have been following this topic on here. Therefore they would be welcome to add their own comments to this thread to put the record straight. They could also answer the customer query on the Q website asking if he could listen to Gibraltar and Spanish radio stations.

(3) All the misleading statements I mentioned above have been confirmed as inaccurate.

I've had a number of detailed emails with View Quest.

I will not post them here as View Quest may consider them confidential, except for:-

(1) I strongly suspected that you could NOT charge up the batteries while in the radio, and this has been confirmed.

I had not mentioned this before as I didn't know whether you could or not. Abbi not only said you could, but suggested charging them up overnight in the radio so that they would be ready for the next day.

(2) They have been following this topic on here. Therefore they would be welcome to add their own comments to this thread to put the record straight. They could also answer the customer query on the Q website asking if he could listen to Gibraltar and Spanish radio stations.

(3) All the misleading statements I mentioned above have been confirmed as inaccurate.

That last bit didn't even make sense to me when I re-read it!

What it means is, I was correct, and the statements Abbi made on air were wrong.

These are the CORRECT statements:

It will NOT charge batteries

It DOES have a wooden case

It is NOT made in Britain

It will NOT receive stations from all over the world

And for the other radio:

It does NOT use AA batteries.

And while I'm at it, the charger she also presented will NOT charge "ANY ordinary batteries"

It is obvious to me that Abbi had quickly read the blurb about the radio, is NOT a technical person so didn't really understand it.

They probably have google set up to report every mention online of their products. I think it is called a bot, so they can keep track of what people are saying and get feedback.

This site does the same, if I google something, then when I come on here I see lots of ads for the thing I've googled.

Alternatively, knowing it was on QVC, they just found this forum the same as I did, by googling QVC.

Just like if you google 'overpriced with shite delivery' you'd probably get a link to QVC.

Latest posts

Back