Totally misleading information

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know the name of the woman with the strident voice, but today she was the so-called expert on a battery charger and 2 radios.

There were too many misleading statements to even remember them all.

The most glaring about the charger was that it will recharge ANY ORDINARY BATTERIES. In fact, it will only recharge alkaline ones.

For the radio, she said several times that it is MADE IN BRITAIN but when I replayed the video I'd made, I spotted the "made in China" label on the back.

However, it is the best price I can find anywhere , even with the extortionate £6 pp (-5P).

I am tempted. It's been in and out of my basket a few times so far.

Hi no idea if you're still interested in this radio after all the mis information and so on, and I have no personal experience of the brand View Quest but if you like it in cream Ryman's have it for £48.99 with free pandp:

http://www.ryman.co.uk/view-quest-retro-mini-dab-radio-bluetooth

I have one of the newer range (first versions were bit hit and miss and still available on the website) of John Lewis spectrum DAB radios with Bluetooth... Am very happy with it after many happy years with a Pure DAB which is now upstairs! (Also there are several of them ex display etc on eBay ATM too!)

If you're not bothered about the Bluetooth and you shop at Tesco they have some great dab deals on clubcard deals - my parents just got a KitSound one from there...

Good luck!

Hi no idea if you're still interested in this radio after all the mis information and so on, and I have no personal experience of the brand View Quest but if you like it in cream Ryman's have it for £48.99 with free pandp:

http://www.ryman.co.uk/view-quest-retro-mini-dab-radio-bluetooth

I have one of the newer range (first versions were bit hit and miss and still available on the website) of John Lewis spectrum DAB radios with Bluetooth... Am very happy with it after many happy years with a Pure DAB which is now upstairs! (Also there are several of them ex display etc on eBay ATM too!)

If you're not bothered about the Bluetooth and you shop at Tesco they have some great dab deals on clubcard deals - my parents just got a KitSound one from there...

Good luck!

Thanks for the info.

I have ordered one because I particularly want the Bluetooth facility.

I'm getting it from View Quest themselves with a bit of a goodwill discount, but the Rymans deal is also very good with its free pp, QVC is £6-95. The deal didn't show up when I was shopping around on line, it looks like they've just reduced it by £10.

Thanks for the info.

I have ordered one because I particularly want the Bluetooth facility.

I'm getting it from View Quest themselves with a bit of a goodwill discount, but the Rymans deal is also very good with its free pp, QVC is £6-95. The deal didn't show up when I was shopping around on line, it looks like they've just reduced it by £10.

Oh good glad you're getting one hope you're pleased.
The deal didn't show up on google I found it on amazon and saw the seller of the cheaper cream one was Ryman (would not have thought of them for radios!) so checked out their own website...

Stratobuddy earlier asked how they get away with it. Well, I think they get away with it because they have a captive audience sitting at home willing to believe any old bs fed to them. Been there, done that, till I saw the light ie joined this forum.

:mysmilie_504:

I chased this up with QVC about a week ago.

They said they were in the process of sending me a letter about it.

I'm still waiting.

So working at the usual glacial speed when your money isn't heading in their direction?

Seriously, I hope the time it is taking means that they are considering it seriously and you will get a meaningful response.

Interesting reading, especially the first.

They are not allowed to sell anything on the basis of engendering FEAR, eg you may get burgled so buy this alarm system (but I'm sure they do this).

Marv has just been selling a shredder and telling us about people piecing together shredded paper but as this cross cuts it's much better protection against clever thieves who want your personal info. Surely that's using fear to sell.

I rang Q yesterday to chase up my complaints yet again, "someone will ring me back".

Yes, I've heard that before.

BTW I bought 2 of the retro radios (separately), not from Q though, with free postage and next day tracked delivery.

I've put a review on Q yesterday. Just had a look to post a link on here, but they have sold out so radio and my review not visible. What a waste of time that was!

But the video still says £150 !!!!!

I've just noticed the other model they were selling that was £150, despite the RRP being £130, is now priced at £99.

PP is £8-95.

This is not shown as a reduced price, just a QVC price.

I know the manufacturers have had "words" with QVC, perhaps they did not like this pricing.

Marv has just been selling a shredder and telling us about people piecing together shredded paper but as this cross cuts it's much better protection against clever thieves who want your personal info. Surely that's using fear to sell.

Well they are very good at putting shredded paper back together on CSI!!!! LOL.

Re. shredding: I remember watching a documentary about the US Embassy in Iran (where several Embassy staff were hostages). They showed footage of the Iranians who had stormed the Embassy painstakingly sorting and glueing back together loads of shredded documents. Nothing is going to prevent the truely determined from getting your details. The trick is to make it as hard as possible to deter the opportunists.

Stratobuddy - is this genuinely sold out or one of those situations where QVC mark something as sold out for other reasons (like when they put TSVs on the site but then put the status so if you're searching for it you won't find it)?

BTW, hope you're not waiting by the phone for that call...

Re. shredding: I remember watching a documentary about the US Embassy in Iran (where several Embassy staff were hostages). They showed footage of the Iranians who had stormed the Embassy painstakingly sorting and glueing back together loads of shredded documents. Nothing is going to prevent the truely determined from getting your details. The trick is to make it as hard as possible to deter the opportunists.

Stratobuddy - is this genuinely sold out or one of those situations where QVC mark something as sold out for other reasons (like when they put TSVs on the site but then put the status so if you're searching for it you won't find it)?

BTW, hope you're not waiting by the phone for that call...

It didn't show up on any searches, whereas it did yesterday

It is now on the website again, but all 10 colours are on waitlist.

Here is a link, I will try and post my review as a photo as well.
http://www.qvcuk.com/View-Quest-Ret....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-505718

My review is the top one, click to read.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back