tonights Norther Nights TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I believe Ideal World used to do Mulberry Silk Duvets.
From what I remember they were quite expensive. Always fancied one though.

They still sell them, but they're certainly not cheap.

I have a Mulberry silk duvet for 2 years and l-o-v-e it! Had 2 silk duvets from Austria and they were paper-thin compared to this. Fluffy, used all year and I spend a lot of time in bed because of illness. I recommend highly.

I love Northern Nights too but there are only so many duvet sets I need. I find it funny that they say "we start at 300 TC but the nasty high street tends to stop at 300." Sounds a bit like the Spinal Tap movie where the amp volume goes up to 11!

No getting away from NN they have a tsv on Q in America today, 400TC Egyptian Embroidered hem set for $59 not sure how this compares with the UK,am I right in saying this is all made in China.
Lynn

Yes. Most cottons and linens are made up into duvets and sheets in china, but the quality is good.

OK have just looked on web it is all made in China,so not sure why they keep stressing its Egyptian, wish the web in the UK would inform us where products are made especially cosmetics.
Lynn

The cotton will come from Egypt but the duvet covers etc are probably dyed and sewn in China. What a carbon footprint!

I will be sticking to whatever is cheap in Asda .
I just can't justify spending £90 including P&P for a duvet cover how ever "nice" it is.
That is enough to put petrol in my car for 4 weeks I know which I would rather spend it on.

Really dislike the colours of the TSV.I wouldn't ordinarily be in the market for a new set.....like its been said - as much as I like NN - how many sets do you need???

I just thought I may have gone for it with this hankering for a bigger size duvet and an easy pay code burning a hole in my back pocket :tongue:

Madmax,I do agree with you,the sets ARE a lot of money.However I can say they last forever and forever and get better with age.That said,I've never bought a set unless it was on some promotion ie easy pay,"surprise" price,free delivery on founders day,easy pay codes etc.I agree with you,its eye watering all in one go,for bedlinen!!

Also wanted to add that I haven't heard a lot about numbers,sales,limited sizes today.....I don't think its a popular TSV!!

I've just upgraded to a kingsize spring/autumn feather and down duvet from John Lewis. £40!!! and free delivery. I redeemed vouchers from using my JL Mastercard. It does rustle a bit but I love it. The extra length and width are much appreciated. The duvet has sections in squares rather than long channels so there is no need to keep shaking it to redistribute the feathers and down. OH likes it too.

I found an old kingsize duvet cover in the cupboard that my step mother had given me and it fitted so no need to buy a duvet cover until I find one that I like. JL did have a really nice stripped set - was tempted but at £70 it cost more than the duvet itself.

We stayed in a hotel a few weeks ago and the duvet was in square sections so I really fancy one of them,
will have a look on JL
I also want some new bedding but am not keen on the tsv colours but am sure there will be another TSV along soon to tempt me

just bought a kingsize white flannelette sheet from john lewis for £14 and having it delivered to store so no p&p

Latest posts

Back