Todays Top Tech TSV 19/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amazon Set of 2 HD8 Fire Tablet with 2x Docking Stations & 2x 32GB SD Cards TSV 19/04/20

A set of two Amazon Fire HD 8 tablets each featuring a vibrant 8" high definition display, a quad-core processor and 16GB of built-in storage thats expandable up to 512GB, plus they boast up to 10 hours of battery life and fantastic features including Dolby Atmos audio, 2MP cameras and the Alexa voice-controlled personal assistant. Complete with docking stations and two 32GB SD cards to boost your storage capacity, these sleek devices are perfect for limitless reading, listening and playing wherever you are.

Get ready for the show - Show Mode is a hands-free Alexa experience for your Fire HD 8 that provides full-screen landscape visuals that complement voice responses from Alexa. It lets you ask Alexa to see trending news, make calls, check the weather, view camera feeds, and more - all within easy glance whether you’re up close or on the other side of the room. Simply dock your tablet to automatically switch to Show Mode. You need to update the software on your tablet to version 6.3.0.1 for Show Mode to work correctly.

Alexa is hands-free on the Fire tablet - a voice-controlled personal assistant, Alexa responds to your questions and commands. She can check your calendar, get news, weather, traffic or sports updates, play songs, and even create shopping lists, as well as order you a takeaway or an Uber, or look up a recipe and read it out to you to follow! You can even connect your smart home - control lights, switches, thermostats and smart home technologies, when you pair it with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more.

It's so easy - ready to use right out of the box, there's no software or computer required, or complicated set-up; just log in with an Amazon account, connect to Wi-Fi and you're ready to go.

Instant entertainment - enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle eBooks, apps and games including Netflix, Facebook, Spotify and more. Say "Alexa, find The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel", "Alexa, show me my books" or "Alexa, launch Candy Crush Saga" to access the entertainment you love. Plus, Prime members get unlimited access to over a thousand books and magazines, millions of songs, and thousands of movies and TV episodes, at no additional cost.

Say hello! - use hands-free while your tablet is docked to call and send messages to your Alexa contacts or make video calls to family and friends with a compatible Fire tablet, Echo Spot, Echo Show or the Alexa App. So you can stay connected wherever you are! You can easily charge your tablet while it’s docked too, so you don’t need to worry about running out of power when you’re on an important call.

Fast, clear, responsive - the proficient 1.3 GHz quad-core processor ensures quick app launch times, smooth games and videos, and great overall performance. Plus with the 8" screen and 1280 x 800 IPS display, you can enjoy crisp images, vivid colours and whiter whites, with a fantastic viewing experience even at wide angles.

One for you, one for me - the pair of tablets come in a choice of three colour bundles, with two different shades in each set, so you'll never get yours mixed up. The colour combinations are Black/Red, Black/Blue or Black/Yellow.

Accessibility features - VoiceView and Screen Magnifier enable access to the vast majority of Fire tablet features. Fire OS includes subtitle settings, adjustable font sizes up to 50% larger, and a variety of book reading text adjustments such as adjustable colours, font sizes and colour and text spacing.

Expandable storage space - with the 32GB SD card included, you can expand your storage space and keep photos, favourite movies and compatible games and apps with you, plus, enjoy free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content and photos taken with your Fire tablet.

Colour options:

Black/Red
Black/Blue
Black/Yellow

What's in the box?

2 x Amazon Fire HD8 tablets (16GB internal capacity)
2 x USB 2.0 cables
2 x 5W power adaptors
2 x quick start guides

Added value:

2 x 32GB microSD cards
2 x Amazon Fire HD 8 Show Mode Charging Docks - each comes with a 1.5m USB 2.0 chargin

Attachments

• Amazon TSV 1.jpg
    Amazon TSV 1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Amazon TSV 2.jpg
    Amazon TSV 2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Amazon TSV 3.jpg
    Amazon TSV 3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Amazon TSV 4.jpg
    Amazon TSV 4.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 114
It's only an 8 inch screen, would that be big enough for you?
It's not much bigger than my 6 1/2 inch phone.

I think that would be fine. I was thinking of getting for my parents so we can zoom each other and they could watch concerts etc during the lockdown. I was thinking I’d set it up and then drop it off (safely).

Unless you have any other ideas? Really want to buy from the Q so that it can be returned if necessary.

Thanks x

They’ve sold out of the Show 10 that I bought a few months ago, actually they’ve sold out of a few Shows but most due back in soon, I love Amazon. I’ve also got an Amazon Fire 10 too. They’ve got a sale on at the mo which they do quite often. I buy all my Amazon products direct from them, not only can you pay over five months, they also accept returns (free) but also will replace your device for a new one if it ever develops a fault. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SMN7FYZ/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

They’ve sold out of the Show 10 that I bought a few months ago, actually they’ve sold out of a few Shows but most due back in soon, I love Amazon. I’ve also got an Amazon Fire 10 too. They’ve got a sale on at the mo which they do quite often. I buy all my Amazon products direct from them, not only can you pay over five months, they also accept returns (free) but also will replace your device for a new one if it ever develops a fault. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SMN7FYZ/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Thanks for this suggestion. I’m a bit ignorant with these Echos. Can you just type in web addresses eg Zoom or can you only video chat if you both have an Echo? We have a laptop and smart phones.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Looks like £99.99 + £5.95 p+p

Still don’t know if I can use zoom video on it though.
2C270FAD-84F6-4FA7-AB02-2713B3680408.png

Last edited:
Amazon Set of 2 HD8 Fire Tablet with 2x Docking Stations & 2x 32GB SD Cards
Item Number: 520450
QVC Price £210.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £5.95

A set of two Amazon Fire HD 8 tablets each featuring a vibrant 8" high definition display, a quad-core processor and 16GB of built-in storage thats expandable up to 512GB, plus they boast up to 10 hours of battery life and fantastic features including Dolby Atmos audio, 2MP cameras and the Alexa voice-controlled personal assistant. Complete with docking stations and two 32GB SD cards to boost your storage capacity, these sleek devices are perfect for limitless reading, listening and playing wherever you are.

*A great saving: If you were to buy two Amazon HD8 Fire Tablets individually directly from Amazon you’d pay £159.98. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £99.96, plus P&P, you’re saving £54.07, plus receiving two docking stations and two 32GB SD cards.

Get ready for the show - Show Mode is a hands-free Alexa experience for your Fire HD 8 that provides full-screen landscape visuals that complement voice responses from Alexa. It lets you ask Alexa to see trending news, make calls, check the weather, view camera feeds, and more - all within easy glance whether you’re up close or on the other side of the room. Simply dock your tablet to automatically switch to Show Mode. You need to update the software on your tablet to version 6.3.0.1 for Show Mode to work correctly.

Alexa is hands-free on the Fire tablet
- a voice-controlled personal assistant, Alexa responds to your questions and commands. She can check your calendar, get news, weather, traffic or sports updates, play songs, and even create shopping lists, as well as order you a takeaway or an Uber, or look up a recipe and read it out to you to follow! You can even connect your smart home - control lights, switches, thermostats and smart home technologies, when you pair it with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more.

It's so easy
- ready to use right out of the box, there's no software or computer required, or complicated set-up; just log in with an Amazon account, connect to Wi-Fi and you're ready to go.

Instant entertainment
- enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle eBooks, apps and games including Netflix, Facebook, Spotify and more. Say "Alexa, find The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel", "Alexa, show me my books" or "Alexa, launch Candy Crush Saga" to access the entertainment you love. Plus, Prime members get unlimited access to over a thousand books and magazines, millions of songs, and thousands of movies and TV episodes, at no additional cost.

Say hello!
- use hands-free while your tablet is docked to call and send messages to your Alexa contacts or make video calls to family and friends with a compatible Fire tablet, Echo Spot, Echo Show or the Alexa App. So you can stay connected wherever you are! You can easily charge your tablet while it’s docked too, so you don’t need to worry about running out of power when you’re on an important call.

Fast, clear, responsive
- the proficient 1.3 GHz quad-core processor ensures quick app launch times, smooth games and videos, and great overall performance. Plus with the 8" screen and 1280 x 800 IPS display, you can enjoy crisp images, vivid colours and whiter whites, with a fantastic viewing experience even at wide angles.

One for you, one for me
- the pair of tablets come in a choice of three colour bundles, with two different shades in each set, so you'll never get yours mixed up. The colour combinations are Black/Red, Black/Blue or Black/Yellow.

Accessibility features
- VoiceView and Screen Magnifier enable access to the vast majority of Fire tablet features. Fire OS includes subtitle settings, adjustable font sizes up to 50% larger, and a variety of book reading text adjustments such as adjustable colours, font sizes and colour and text spacing.

Expandable storage space
- with the 32GB SD card included, you can expand your storage space and keep photos, favourite movies and compatible games and apps with you, plus, enjoy free unlimited cloud storage for all your Amazon content and photos taken with your Fire tablet.

Colour options:

• Black/Red
  • Black/Blue
  • Black/Yellow

What's in the box?

• 2 x Amazon Fire HD8 tablets (16GB internal capacity)
  • 2 x USB 2.0 cables
  • 2 x 5W power adaptors
  • 2 x quick start guides

Added value:

• 2 x 32GB microSD cards
  • 2 x Amazon Fire HD 8 Show Mode Charging Docks - each comes with a 1.5m USB 2.0 charging cable, 5W power adaptor and Quick Start Guide

Delivered to UK mainland only

Geographical restrictions: Alexa will have limited functionality outside of mainland UK, the Channel Islands, France, Germany and the USA

Please note: special offers and sponsored screensavers display when your device is in Sleep Mode

Thanks for this suggestion. I’m a bit ignorant with these Echos. Can you just type in web addresses eg Zoom or can you only video chat if you both have an Echo? We have a laptop and smart phones.

There seems to be Zoom app available for Amazon Fire. I had bought these few years ago from QVC. Paid £140 for 2. Just googled to check if zoom can be installed. It appears you can. I will try it out and report back

I have downloaded Zoom on the Fire 8, but it appears that TSV has sold out

Thank you very much for doing this. I really appreciate it. I ordered them at 9pm and they’ve been shipped. Decided I had 60 days to play with them so worth the risk.

Going to download the Zoom app and then drop one round with my parents shopping.

Thanks again x

Sorry for late reply I’ve only just noticed your post, I use FaceTime on iPad but yes I think you can download the Zoom app but like you say you can always give it a go and if it’s not suitable, send it back. 😀

They’ve arrived. Brilliant service. Really like them. Trouble is it turns out my parents’ laptop is fast enough for them to zoom me so they don’t need the tablet! However I’m going to keep them and have a play. I’m already loving it. Could always sell the other one. I will put the MBG to good use.

I've been trying for a week to install Zoom on my PC, without success, so I missed a 7 person Zoom meeting today:(

That’s a shame. I’m told you just have to open the web page then input the meeting ID and password which the host gives you. You don’t even need to open an account. Have you got a smartphone or tablet you could try it on?

Latest posts

Back