Today's Facial Sonic Cleaning Thingy S V.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caught about 5 mins last night. First thought, people buy then it sits in a cupboard for years untouched.

Haven't seen the tsv yet but you're probably right. However the clarisonic is freaking brilliant and gets used at least once a day in the bat cave.

I bought mine from the famous auction site but you need to check the details thoroughly to get the model that has the international voltage charger. I'm delighted with the results of mine. I don't know about the qvc one but the clarisonic is a deep cleansing action rather than a scrub so you may still need to use a scrub occasionally. It also has reduced the horrid blackheads in my nose.

Thanks Vampyre. I will look into it.

The Clarisonic has rave reviews and is said to have a huge effect on whiteheads which is what I have.

This is why I LOVE this place. Before finding this place I would have ordered this item by 12.05 am but now I've no intention of buying it whatsoever. Thank you helping me a be F.A.R.T.

Me too. I was on the verge of buying this but was just waiting for OH to go to work! Glad I waited now.

I have to agree with the Clarisonic reviews - I used my cousin's on a trip to the US (I used the sensitive head as I have rosacea, she used the normal one). My skin glowed for the whole month I was there. Blackheads and open pores were a distant memory and my moisturiser definitely worked harder. I was getting away with just a sunscreen 'cos my skin just looked peachy. I'd actually been dreading the trip because we live in a soft water area and my cousin's water is hard as nails. My skin on previous visits had always suffered so this time I knew the Clarisonic was doing it's job. And my blackheads have returned since I got home :-(.

JBD did mention here a while ago that she was testing something special that needed different voltage - I was hoping it would be a Clarisonic. Any news, Jayne?

Hmm, this contraption looks too harsh to me. Sonic technology is for toothbushes and jewellery cleaners, surely, not soft skin. This looks like it would make my face red and raw.

Hmm, this contraption looks too harsh to me. Sonic technology is for toothbushes and jewellery cleaners, surely, not soft skin. This looks like it would make my face red and raw.

These type of gadgets should be pressure sensitive and stop working if excessive force is applied. People damage their skin by being over zealous with scrubs and even masks, these machines should avoid that kind of damage.

Okay. But I just don't like the look of it. My Liz Earle clense and polish with hot cloth is wonderful for me.

Okay. But I just don't like the look of it. My Liz Earle clense and polish with hot cloth is wonderful for me.

For me her cloths are like wire wool, I use bamboo cloths that are very soft and gentle and by nature less inclined to be a host for bacteria. I use the bamboo towels to dry my skin and have found them to be better than even the really good cotton ones. We all have to find what suits us and be grateful when we do find the right things :emo:

Bamboo skin cloths. Sounds good, I haven't heard of them before. I like the exfoliation of Liz' cloths though. And I only use them once before putting them in a hot cotton wash, so hopefully no bacteria problems.

For me her cloths are like wire wool, I use bamboo cloths that are very soft and gentle and by nature less inclined to be a host for bacteria. I use the bamboo towels to dry my skin and have found them to be better than even the really good cotton ones. We all have to find what suits us and be grateful when we do find the right things :emo:

hmm, intriguing! Can you tell us more about these, and where do you get them? Sorry to be nosey...:tongue2:

I like Tanya and so hate to question her comment but I really had to laugh when she was on with this doing the 5pm hour.
On using the TSV she held the brush up to the camera saying even though she'd cleansed / toned this morning just look what had just been removed !
So earlier in the day like the 3pm jewellery hour when she was the model she'd not worn any make-up then ? :thinking2:

I get mine here http://10xt.sl.pt but google for some UK shops and I'm sure you'll find somewhere. :rock:
Had a look at the website vampyre, and the face cloths look fab! Are they what you use? I take it that you'd recommend this site as a reliable source then? I'm on waitlist for some elemis mitts from QVC, but the stuff on this site looks even better. Oh dear, I'm well and truly tempted, thanks for sharing the link!! :4:

Yes that's where I got my bamboo cloths and they are lovely and reasonably priced but I don't know whether shipping to the UK might bump up the price. Mind you there are very few places as expensive as qvc for postage.

Yes that's where I got my bamboo cloths and they are lovely and reasonably priced but I don't know whether shipping to the UK might bump up the price. Mind you there are very few places as expensive as qvc for postage.

Oh, I see Vampyre, I've realised only now that you're based in Ireland... I think postage and packing from Burundi would be cheaper than QVC's!:tongue2:

I had my bamboo towels from House of Fraser about 4 years ago. They're the only set I use, are washed a lot, yet still look like new. Highly recommended.

That site Vampyre the shipping to the UK for two face clothes is €12!!!!! Sorry that is far too much to come to Belfast, so £11 for shipping going by their caluations!!!!

Did a google and found some on Amazon.co.uk from Luv Eco and ordered two face clothes £3 each and shipping £2.95.
I want to use them for removing makeup really.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back