Tignanello tsv 11/4/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SG said she does not have to say she likes something if she does not as she is freelance.

I heard that and wondered what really meant by it - surely she is employed by QVC whether she is freelance or not - albeit not by tignacello, and DOES have to promote everything she's asked to present whether or not she personally loves it?! Can you imagine how quickly she'd be off air if she started slagging off a bag!

I have found watching Sara Griffiths very uncomfortable this morning. The knitting of the eyebrows, the wide eyed desperate look, and the extremely quick talk, I think it is unnecessary. I expect it could be called enthusiasm, but I would prefer her to calm down somewhat.

My OH never comments on QVC but he was mesmerised by SG's eyebrows. Someone should have a word and tell her to slow down and relax a bit more and get rid of the slugs.

They're nice bags but the lining let's them down, it's like a thin material that will pull easy especially if you catch it with keys or your nail. Shame because they're lovely.

Sara Griffiths simply makes for uncomfortable viewing. I heard the "freelance" comment on the repeat, which doesn't surprise me. They'll be commission-led, hence the pushy sales. But she definitely needs an eyebrow plucker, unless, of course, she's had them permanently stained. I hope not, because those eyebrows will look silly on an older woman.

Tignanello handbags don't appeal to me any more and the prices have rocketed.

Its the birds nest I cant take my eyes off !! at least she could have chosen a more matching hairpiece, but she clearly did her hair in the dark.

Even being freelance means you have to promote the person that pays your wages, and everything they sell. Watching the morning repeat and Sarah G is even more rude than normal if that's at all possible. Whoever let her come on with those eyebrows should be handed their P45.

Normally love tignanello bags, I have a red bucket style bag with a stripey lining which is gorgeous. Used to have a gorgeous French Tote which was fantastic quality but I sold it on eBay as lovely though it was it was just too small for my needs.

However nothing catches my eye this visit.

Now let's try to be positive here and have a think about what we could do to help her with the eyebrows....

:mysmilie_864:

Got it!! She needs a No-No.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I have to question the quality of the leather for a bag of that size and price. It's a nice looking though, but I'm never keen on bag that doesn't completely close at the top, even though there's zipped compartments inside of it. Bit of a magnet for thieves to stick their hands in.

They obviously didn't get much stock of this TSV, 9am Clarks show and they're starting with the OTOs already.

Last edited:
I used to be unable to resist Tignanello bags but so far today I think they seen very dated & not interested in the TSV.

The Q obviously knew they wouldn't have enough stock as, when I checked the tv guide yesterday, the only two scheduled live tignanello hours, were at 10 and 12. The range was, when it made it's early appearances on the Q, more affordable. Prices have risen dramatically. But this seems to be the MO of the Q; introduce us to a line, suck us in with the bargain prices, and excellent package configurations, hopefully get us addicted, then hike the cost. I don't fall for that one.
btw, I like Sara - most of the time. But, then, I like Debs, too.

I was disappointed with the TSV as I had been looking forward to it. I don't like the open compartment in the middle. I heard the 'freelance' comment too. What got on my wick was the word 'sophisticated' I lost count of how many times Sara said that! :mysmilie_13:

I would have thought freelance would make her more desperate to sell as so much easier to get rid of.

I`ve never bought a Tig bag so I can`t comment on quality but their styles all seem much of a muchness with bags which are available everywhere else.

They sold out of nearly everything they had on air in the 10.00am Tignanello show today and ended it early, around 10.50, to give the bloke from Bronzo Italia an extended show. Goodness knows how much they will have for the 1.00pm Tignanello show or how long it'll last.

I so wanted that TSV but when they finally revealed the dimensions it was too big for me! Boo hoo. It did not look that size (to me) in that lovely, tempting promo picture. I do wish they would say the measurements onscreen as by the time you have checked them out they have sold out! Guess it will be a stroll round the DHS for my replacement red bag.

I almost went for the white bag, but like others was put off by the open middle compartment.
I've found a few bags i liked on the DHS but they also have the open bit. Hubby always says to just put my bits in the zipped ones, but that still doesn't stop the rain from getting into the open bit!
Too fussy he calls me, being realistic and practical i say!

With bags, I'd prefer it if there was always a picture of the bag being used by a model - how else can you really visualise how big a bag is? The dimensions are essential, don't get me wrong, but it's often difficult still to get a real idea of the size of the bag.

By the way, anyone else feel frustrated at the lack of detailed pictures showing you round a bag? They used to have pictures showing front, top, side and interiors of bags, but they've stopped that completely. It may have been when they moved to the current website. Other companies' websites do this way better than QVC.

I have to say, with any bags I buy, I want ZIPS! I will tolerate a magnetic "button" for exterior flaps, but still with zips to secure my belongings. No velcro for me, either, and definitely no open "dip in" areas (why would I want to make a pick-pocket's life easier????).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back