Tignanello Handbags TSV 6/5/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Leather it may be, but to the eye it looks synthetic.

That's because the base, the handles and the strap are synthetic, they're PU, a less durable imitation leather, so will probably crack and wear out far quicker than the main body of the bag which is actually leather.

I quite like the TSV but am not keen on this cross hatched effect leather and it looks stiff.More importantly I am not buying from Q at the moment so my pension is safe.There was a small bowling style bag which looked very nice but I noticed that the base was a slightly different shade so wondered if this was 'plastic' ( or whatever fancy name they give it.)I don't think they mentioned this on air if it is.

Yes just checked on line & that satchel style is leather/polyurethane. Did they mention this on air?

not so quick to mention it this time round but someone somewhere will bring it up at some point :devil:

There's something about the newly designed Tig bags that puts me off .They look less classy or well finished somehow.Maybe it is the non leather parts or the overall look .Not sure but they don't tempt me at the moment.

Some Tig bags always remind me of Clarks bags. Similar styles and colours. Clarks do synthetic bags as well as leather and there`s always a good discount in their sales. I was in C larks shop the other week ( buying some sandals ) and looked at a sale bag which would perfectly match them. I honestly though it was leather, turned out it wasn`t but was still a nice bag. I didn`t buy it because I need another bag like I need a hole in the head but it was well worth the £20 sale price and some of their all leather bags were only £35 to £40 in the sale.

It's official. Carla Lazlo is a liar, no man made PU is not more durable, times like this I wish I was on Twitter and FB to pull her up over it. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i...ther&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

I don't think there is any way it can be more durable than leather.I bought a PU cover for my I Pad a few years back and it has fallen apart with repeatedd handling. I couldn't find a leather one at the time but I'm looking for one now .Im sure a leather holder would still be going strong and it gets better with age, if you can find good leather......

I don't think there is any way it can be more durable than leather.I bought a PU cover for my I Pad a few years back and it has fallen apart with repeatedd handling. I couldn't find a leather one at the time but I'm looking for one now .Im sure a leather holder would still be going strong and it gets better with age, if you can find good leather......

Try this site. They`re made in Spain, can be personalised with your intitials and Ipad covers are on offer at the moment
http://www.mylacambra.com/en/products/ipad-tablet-covers.html

It's official. Carla Lazlo is a liar, no man made PU is not more durable, times like this I wish I was on Twitter and FB to pull her up over it. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i...ther&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

As I've said before I think, plastic handles (whether you call it PU, faux leather or whatever, QVC!) crack and split with use, long before the rest of the plastic areas. I refuse to buy bags with plastic handles now.

I quite like the TSV but am not keen on this cross hatched effect leather and it looks stiff.More importantly I am not buying from Q at the moment so my pension is safe.There was a small bowling style bag which looked very nice but I noticed that the base was a slightly different shade so wondered if this was 'plastic' ( or whatever fancy name they give it.)I don't think they mentioned this on air if it is.

I wasn't at all keen on crosshatched leather but I bought a Ted Baker one and it's absolutely lovely. I very rarely get random comments on my bags but a shop lady said that this one looked expensive, even before she saw the discrete Ted Baker logo. It is quite stiff though, as you imagine - but that works on some styles.

I have a saffiano bowling bag from B Makowski (sp) bought from QVC years ago and it's softer than this Tig bag I also have. That said I like the little Tig bag too (bought to go with a specific outfit in the rose metallic) and lots of people have asked about it (in a good way).

I like the blue TSV colour but not really keen on the shape so easily resisted.

I'm an equal opportunity handbag hag; I've got bags from £6 to £600 (though I didn't pay 600 for it); if I like the look of the bag and the price is acceptable for the number of uses it's likely to have then I'll buy. Leather, PVC or fabric I'm an inclusive bag buyer. I use a different bag almost every day so they all get a turn.

Just realised I already own a bright blue Tig bag from the early days of the range :mysmilie_493: Is this a sign that I have too many bags? :mysmilie_506:

Nah! That's a preposterous notion! :mysmilie_514:

I have a saffiano bowling bag from B Makowski (sp) bought from QVC years ago and it's softer than this Tig bag I also have. That said I like the little Tig bag too (bought to go with a specific outfit in the rose metallic) and lots of people have asked about it (in a good way).

I like the blue TSV colour but not really keen on the shape so easily resisted.

I'm an equal opportunity handbag hag; I've got bags from £6 to £600 (though I didn't pay 600 for it); if I like the look of the bag and the price is acceptable for the number of uses it's likely to have then I'll buy. Leather, PVC or fabric I'm an inclusive bag buyer. I use a different bag almost every day so they all get a turn.

Just realised I already own a bright blue Tig bag from the early days of the range :mysmilie_493: Is this a sign that I have too many bags? :mysmilie_506:

Nah! That's a preposterous notion! :mysmilie_514:

That takes some dedication! The reason many of my far too many bags don't get an airing is I can never be bothered to go find a particular one (if I remember it!), never mind swap all the contents around. You must be very organised.

I change my handbag most days. So far this week I've used a silver Tig French tote, a black LG Jenny bag, a yellow Marc Jacobs and a black Kate Spade. It takes me no more then a minute or two to change my handbag. I think by changing regularly you cut right down on the junk you carry.

Latest posts

Back