Tiana B dress TSV 2nd November

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its a lovely dress, if you have a figure with no bulges. It would look awful on me with my apple shape. Kathy said she was wearing it on the morning show and I was wondering why she was wearing a extra long cardigan and you could hardly see the dress. I know now. I agree it is not flattering at all to Joanne and Joy.

Oh dear that dress looks awful unless you are stick thin!!! The person representing the brand looks awful in the grey one she is wearing!!

So glad I saw the 'demo' I would have bought on the pics alone but seeing that on the models was a real eye opener. It really does not look good if you are shapely. Clung in all the wrong places. Looked dreadful from the back! Glad I stayed up to see. Money is safe!!

Not for me either.
Not seen the presentation yet, didn't stay up & just waiting for the repeat, but going off the pictures it looks ok but is far too dressy for anything I'm likely to be doing....working at home, shops, gardening....ah! the mad social whirl.
Plus the dogs would get their claws fast in it.

It's a bit pricey for a TSV too isn't it?

Haven't seen it yet but they do often shoehorn poor Joy into at least one size too small. There are only so many party dresses a girl needs and I definitely don't need another one. Especially if it highlights my bumps n lumps.

have especially watched the presentation again this morning to see Joy/Jo (?) and totally agree with the comments made. As I have a few lumps and bumbs I have decided better not to go for it lol

i too would have bought it from the picture. loved most of the colours, actually all of the except black lol but sadly i dont think it would suit me.
i must say the blonde qvc lady looks stunning in it but the tiana b lady looks dreadful and that was the decider lol

The Tiana B woman reveals a big lump of "bra bulge" everytime she moves her arms. Plus the fit at the back is very bad. Obviously designed from the front only and on a stationery model if you see what I mean.

Linda xx

OMG

Oh my gosh think this look is very dated, not the more fashionable sleeved slash neckline.
In fact I personally think it is sailing very close to being a bit tarty and a little woman of the night maybe :tongue:
Very v neckline nightie underwear as outerware look, which has been previously done to death.

OMG just caught Tanya in black with shoe boots, gloves and a bag, well enough said.:angel:

Having said that I thought Nicole in the latte, looked the nicest, perhaps she could get away with it as a beach wedding dress teamed with bead flip flops.

I predict once buyers get theirs home, could be many returns :mail:

Last edited:
When are QVC going to get the clothes sizes sorted, todays TSB the size 20 is a 40bust. I wouldn't wear the dress even if they did my size, as already said it only suits the stick thin, I feel sorry for Kathy having to wear it for a second day.

When are QVC going to get the clothes sizes sorted, todays TSB the size 20 is a 40bust. I wouldn't wear the dress even if they did my size, as already said it only suits the stick thin, I feel sorry for Kathy having to wear it for a second day.

Yes size will defo be a problem when buyers receive theirs at home.
On Kathys clear admission she has a wide shoulder line admitting she has a larger top half.
Clearly whilst sat presenting the Gatineau hour she is struggling to keep the dress positioned on the shoulder plus it is by far too low cut for her for daytime wear.
I only saw the Tiana B guest briefly on the repeat this AM, she was having the same problem and had the v neckline widely positioned.

thought it would be nicer

I quite liked the ides of this dresss but thought that it looked awful on nearly everyone and not that nice on the rest. Cathy, the guest presenter and the gorgeous Joy all looked terrible and Claire and the other models didn't really look that much better. Claire looked nice from the waist up and suited the navy but that length didn't do her any favours at all; some knees (like mine) just don't suit that just above the knee look.
My money is safe. Hurray!!

I get so irritated when Jill Franks keeps telling how cheap Tiana B dresses are (scream-----please admin, can we have a scream smilie please, I have asked you before too) I don't think they are cheap, but the right opposite, especially when some of them have patterns that don't align front and back. I like some of her dresses but will NOT buy at those prices.
At one time all her maxi dresses were of just one pattern, in different colours and prints.
Anyway, where does JF shop, if she finds Tiana B cheap, she must be spending a lot of money on clothes.

God i had a dress like this in the late 80's, my mum always told me that fashion comes around:cheeky:
Why the hell do they get really tall ladies to model, sorry but the dresses look so tacky skimming the upper thighs.

I've never understood why Q uses such tall models (lovely as they are) either.
Even the designers of some ranges stand next to the models and state their height & explain how this garment "will look on you"

Mr Average at 5ft 7in tall and 13 stone 1lb in weight, with a 38in waist and 41in hips. Ms Average is 5ft 3in tall and weighs 11stone, with a 34in waist and 41in hips
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-risk-heart-disease-cancer.html#ixzz1cbZrsyXO

They've missed the mark if they are trying to appeal to Mrs Average

* no woman is smaller than a size 10
* XS can mean a 40" chest
* a plus sized lady is apple shaped
* as for petite - is there such thing.

... and another thing - using the argument that tall models can showcase a garment better than Mrs Average loses all credibility when you consider that you see more of the presenters wearing the said garment than you do the models.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of this range, too busy. But the older lady looked totally awful in some of the designs, really dumpy. I have seen her on other fashion shows and she certainly is not dumpy by any stretch. I will say she is a normal size so god help anyone heavier buying this range.

I like the range but thought everyone wearing the TSV looked like a stuffed sausage even the thin models

The prices are far from reasonable for a lot of the designs.

I'm a fan of Tiana B but as with everything else I buy one or two dresses not the whole range. I have two Tiana B dresses at the mo. One v neck plain purple long sleeved dress and another muted black cream and grey Paisley print and I love them both. The print one you lot would instantly recognise as Tiana B with the black band at the neck and the hem. They're both fab and I wear them for work. They wash and wear brilliantly. And if you look at cost per wear then they're not expensive.

I don't understand why the presenters encourage people to buy one in every colour. Why would you do that? But obviously from the calls and texts where people say they have 20 Tiana B dresses etc they must do. Or perhaps they find a style within Tiana B and buy different patterns in the same style.

Each to their own but my wardrobe is made up of different styles from different stores. I like a bit of diversity.

Latest posts

Back