Thorntons

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Considering my Poundland sells bags of Thorntons for £1, at £35 plus postage that leaves the other 3 items in the pack at a premium price. Oh well they only deliver to UK mainland so won't be tempted. Who buys at these prices when they must be available most places if even I can get them in Hicksville.

I don't consider Thorntons to be a classy brand. It's above Dairy Milk / Milk Tray etc but only a notch.

This guy sounds just like Liam from the show Benidorm!!

Yes, I agree and I found it really distracting. I bought a huge bumper pack direct from Thorntons before Christmas for £20 which was much better value than anything I saw today, plus I got some cashback as well

I need more info on the 'no added sugar' range before tasting a sample.
They are suspiciously coy about what goes into them instead of the evil white powder...

I need more info on the 'no added sugar' range before tasting a sample.
They are suspiciously coy about what goes into them instead of the evil white powder...

In the Chocolate Selection bag it is Maltitol and Isomalt that are the sweetners.

Had several boxes of Thornton's bought me for Xmas , I wasn't impressed by them at all, the taste was poor and wont buying anything from them in the future

In the Chocolate Selection bag it is Maltitol and Isomalt that are the sweetners.

That means it is The Flatulence of Doom if I eat more than 3.
Ah well, you've saved me an unpleasant learning curve.

Thank you!

I can buy them for a pound a bag at my local newsagents and I only live in a small village/town. I can also buy Yankie candle here too for much less price than qvc.

I always thought that Thorntons WERE a cut above Cadbury's et al - based purely on their image and the look of chocs - until Christmas when I too was given some. And the solid chocolate wasn't only mediocre, it was properly nasty! The truffles all tasted sweet with little to distinguish them too. Think I shall save my pennies (will need quite a few!) and buy some hotel chocolat next time. (Though I do have to say that I do rate Thorntons toffee and fudge).

I too had Thorntons at Christmas, I was so disappointed imo they are not near as nice as Cadbury's.

A while back, I resentfully moved into dark chocolate, because it has less sugar (obviously I couldn't give up chocolate completely, just had to transfer my addiction). It took a few months, but now I love it. Tried one of those marvellous creations bars last week, and found it sickly, too rich and bland. Astonishing.

To my shock and dismay I have turned into a chocolate snob!!!

Thorntons chocolates are like Bayliss and Harding gift sets ie. you see them everywhere, they`re cheap, everybody gets at least one given to them, they look the part but are a let down and have no substance !

Well, I love Thorntons. So if you'd like to PM me, I'll give you my address and you can send all your unwanted chocolates to me!!!

Well, I love Thorntons. So if you'd like to PM me, I'll give you my address and you can send all your unwanted chocolates to me!!!
I happily would do but I`m afraid I have a husband who is a chocoholic and hoovers up anybody`s unwanted chocolate !

I just confess I ordered the TSV last year cos the sales pitch was pretty good and then I was really annoyed when it arrived because most of the chocolates had a used by date of Jan 2014, but they said they would last until Easter.

So the items I wanted to have out at Christmas we had to put away and eat the boxes that were going off first.

I won't be buying Thornton's chocolates from QVC again.

Latest posts

Back