The things they say.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

violet

Registered Shopper
I must be getting cranky these days, but I'm getting really irritated with the so-called beauty experts on QVC. This evening Alison Young merrily stated that a Decleor foaming cleanser will last for 10 months, even with daily use. No it won't. It would probably last me two or three.

Keeley said on Saturday that Pro Collagen Marine cream in a 50 ml tub (think it was 50) will last about 4 months, and that works out at only 89p a day. Hooray then.

What makes it worse is that I'm sure Alison Young never runs out of anything as she must get freebies. I can't believe she pays for any beauty product. Can you imagine her ringing up for Decleor? I think not.

Not big things, just irritating. Bosses at QVC must have told them all to live in the real world, and not be patronising, but I don't think they relate to their customers at all well. 89p a day for face cream, they're having a laugh. Give me a break, please.

I doubt you are cranky, I think we have just got used to shopping telly and there speil, so we just get more cynical.
I have heard Alison Young say she has purchased Decleor in her local store.

I thought exactly that! i use the liz earle 100ml cleanse and polish and that lasts a month or so they say so that would make the decleor last 4 months. maybe they meant once a day?

Why would Alison Young buy from her local store when we all know "QVC can provide better prices due to their buying power"? Doesn't make sense to me.

In fairness to Ali (tho' I hate to be fair to her) I have heard her say it was an emergency because she'd let herself run low and QVC had SOLD OUT :11: so DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU :11: :11: BUY THIS BARGAIN NOW :11: :11: :11:

clemenzina

in fairness to ali (tho' i hate to be fair to her) i have heard her say it was an emergency because she'd let herself run low and qvc had sold out :11: So don't let that happen to you :11: :11: Buy this bargain now :11: :11: :11:

Clemenzina

:18::18::18:

They do seem to overstate the length of time a product will last. The therapist demoing L'Occitane skincare the other week also made such a claim, I cannot remember the details but I remember finding it very hard to believe.

I've also heard AY sing the praises of skincare that is made by companies who only do skincare products and not general make up. She doesn't say that when Philosophy are on though.

She also stresses the importance of using individual products e.g. toner after cleanser rather than an all-in-one product but she's quite happy to sell products that are shower gel/bubble bath/shampoo which I cannot believe work as well on your hair as proper shampoo.

To be fair to her though she does sometimes say if you are x years old and you have blah de blah then don't buy this product as it's not for you, whilst some presenters suggest all products will suit everyone.

They do seem to overstate the length of time a product will last. The therapist demoing L'Occitane skincare the other week also made such a claim, I cannot remember the details but I remember finding it very hard to believe.

I've also heard AY sing the praises of skincare that is made by companies who only do skincare products and not general make up. She doesn't say that when Philosophy are on though.

She also stresses the importance of using individual products e.g. toner after cleanser rather than an all-in-one product but she's quite happy to sell products that are shower gel/bubble bath/shampoo which I cannot believe work as well on your hair as proper shampoo.

To be fair to her though she does sometimes say if you are x years old and you have blah de blah then don't buy this product as it's not for you, whilst some presenters suggest all products will suit everyone.

I did here the SBC wlady forgot her name say the other week that when they brought there all in one cleanser out Alison had a dig about , but she said some people one to use one product to do all and it is quick.

Keeley said on Saturday that Pro Collagen Marine cream in a 50 ml tub (think it was 50) will last about 4 months, and that works out at only 89p a day.

Gawd who in the real world can afford to spend over £100 for a 50ml pot of face cream?

I think it's all a con I really do. I've never used expensive things. I used to buy not tested on animals things from the body shop, but more often than not I have to buy cheaper than that now. I use very little moisturiser - Ponds is fine, I swear by baby wipes (don't care what AY says) and I look 10 year younger than my age!

I know what you mean Lottie. Do we NEED such expensive face creams? Using easy pay on expensive skincare items is very clever. I have to stop myself buying when easypay is on because it really does seem like a bargain; as if I'm getting it for half price.

I do fall for the hype sometimes against my better judgement. QVC wins again.

im not sure on this i had elemis marine cream and it did wonders for my skin. I do think you get what you pay for but then i stress when i cant afford stuff. I have really think skin on my face which does nt tolerate much and awful under eye circles and bags so I guess i worry a lot plus my partner is eighteen years younger than me which makes me more paranoid about how I look so who knows the truth of these things

I think that a pot of luxury face cream makes us pamper our skins more for a while and that's why it seems to work at first. Then we have to change out of boredom or there's another, better, more luxuriouser cream.

clemenzina

I love pro collagen marine cream. By far the best I've used. BUT, buy on EBay. It's half the price, literally.

mmm i agree ebay is a good place to save a few pence. I got some good clientele from there thats another good range and less expensive

I've been tempted to try it. I'm using the Clientele serum that's selling cheap now that a stronger version is out, with a huge pot of Beate Johnen day 'n night cream on top... that really is boring :(

Since I've been on e-cigs I'm making my lip-lines worse thru strenuous puffing *sob*

clemenzina

I do fall for the hype sometimes against my better judgement. QVC wins again.

ooh yes, it's scary isn't it?

You see something, think it's vile and by the end of the show, you've had to lock the phone in a drawer incase you find yourself dialling QVC in a mad moment! I'm sure that's why they have the TSV's at midnight....it's when people are least likely to be rational and most likely to have sank a few glasses of something.
The times I've ordered stuff then and forgotten all about it until it arrives! :11:

Crazy!! We know all their tricks, think we've got them sussed, yet still come back for more.

Maybe Derren Brown works for them and we're all being brainwashed .....aahggghhh.

Latest posts

Back