The return of JR... & shes still a size small !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

While Joy isn't a skinny Minnie like the other models, it IS a tad unfair to constantly refer to her as "Here'sJoyourplussizemodel" as if that's her name.

Is not like Tanya, Sharon or Goody are constantly referred to as "svelte and willowy". Or even "undernourished and in deperate need of a good meal" :tongue:

Also, AD on the 2pm Attitudes by Renee hour today managed to refer to the similarly-figured model Jane by her name only without needing to refer to her size; possibly because AD is aware that people watching would be able to see that Jane has a different body shape to Sharon and Tanya who were also modelling that hour, and are intelligent enough not to need this constantly pointing out to them.

I didn't say it to be anti-JR; I'm more pro-Joy. :wink:

If QVC is wanting their fashion ranges to be open to all sizes and for curvier ladies to be able to buy without embarrassment, then arbitrarily singling out the curvier models for attention based on THEIR SIZE AND BODY SHAPE is not being "inclusive".

As someone else has said, IW manages to have models of different sizes on without feeling any need to refer to any of them as "plus size". We're all different sizes by nature that changes with age. Stating that some people are "plus size" continues this myth that we're all supposed to be one size only.

The average viewer can see for themselves the shape of the model - whether tall and thin or more curvy. We are also given the measurements. Maybe we should be treated as having half a brain in our heads and working out the sizes for ourselves.

JR doesn't miss a trick in pointing out how she is a small (even when she wasn't). Maybe a new viewer wouldn't notice, but before long I'm sure most viewers findi JR and her smalls?! tiresome. There is something so childish and nasty about the way she has to point out that she has smaller feet, fingers, or could be a smaller size than the models. Does it really matter?

We the viewers do not really care what size she is, but she is hellbent in pushig it into our faces/ears - also all her trips, her wonderful children and mother, her general likes and dislikes, her dressmaking skills, her dancer's feet etc etc.

Would love to see the back of her. IMO one of the most irritating people on TV.

i may be wrong but I think it is only HRH JR who refers to Joy as the plus size model in the presenters?

What does she look like in the Dreamkeeper hour with whatever it is wrapped around her. She looks like a sack of spuds

And are those toeposts welded to her feet ?

I think Joy is lovely, a very elegant lady.

JR has just told us how hard she works on the top of her arms doing Pilates, walking on the treadmill with weights and exercising :yawn: For gawds sake lighten up women and have a bottle of wine and a bag of chrips like the rest of us on a saturday night.

JR has just told us how hard she works on the top of her arms doing Pilates, walking on the treadmill with weights and exercising :yawn: For gawds sake lighten up women and have a bottle of wine and a bag of chrips like the rest of us on a saturday night.

Ah, yes, the arms. She is proud of them. If a Pilates machine would get rid of my gut I would buy one in a flash.

I tried to give her a go yesterday in the 5 o' clock hour but I'm sorry but I just can't stand her smug, patronising attitude.

I had literally been watching for 2 minutes when she just had to mention her trip to LA. I then changed channels and watched a rather good episode of Top Gear!!

and watched the shy, retiring Mr Clarkson:sun: He's another one up his own rear end:sun:

Every woman I know who has lost weight has also had a decrease in the size of their assets. It intrigues me how Ms Roberts has managed to keep her plus size bazookas. :wonder:

Dramatic weight loss usually shows up in two places straight away, the fizzog and the bust and it's obvious in her face because of the way it's aged her, but as you say her chesticles are still pumped. I said years ago on here that I thought she'd had them surgically enhanced and that makes even more sense (to me) now they haven't shrunk. :wonder:

Dramatic weight loss usually shows up in two places straight away, the fizzog and the bust and it's obvious in her face because of the way it's aged her, but as you say her chesticles are still pumped. I said years ago on here that I thought she'd had them surgically enhanced and that makes even more sense (to me) now they haven't shrunk. :wonder:

Wouldn't it be funny if a plus size chicken fillet catapulted across the studio whilst she was demonstrating her beloved Pilates machine with cardio board. :giggle:

I'd never even considered that. It could explain why she looks so different from her early days with QVC.

I'm with you Lottie...thought she looked ridiculous last night and had no idea why she wasn't told before she presented, she looked a right state.

She looked very silly with that belt over the waterfall top. It's called Waterfall for a reason JR!!
The same reason that people don't build a dam halfway up Niagara....

Obviously done to show off her teeny weeny teeny tiny weeny waist. :doh: Now she just needs to shrink her massive ego. :wonder:

just think what horrors lurk (probably around her knees) - once the very supportive bra comes off ?:giggle:

I lost just over two stone three years ago and have managed to keep most of it off ... yay!! ... but the standing joke at the slimming club was that I lost half an inch off my boobs and five inches off my waist!!

I will admit though that the weight loss shows in my neck. It's really a bit crepey to say the least. My face and boobs are fine though. And you can always wear a scarf!

Latest posts

Back