The Real Pie Company

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miss molly

Registered Shopper
They look really nice and I could just eat one but can't believe the prices and high P&P. No way I would pay that for Pies. Has anyone tried them?
Good to see Chloe getting stuck in, not like JF who hardly eats a thing or Charlie who goes OTT.

I couldn't believe how much food Chloe put away, That pie sandwich was something else..:mysmilie_5:

i had them this is my take on the real pie company. first they took over two weeks to come. they had no seasoning at all not any. the beef was as dry as old rope because the use brisket which is the toughest beef cut. if cooked well its ok but imo this was not cooked properly and does not work. there was two tiny cubes of chicken and very very little sauce.which had no taste. the pies are also quite small. the pastry is ok nothing special

i will testify in a court of law they are the worse pies i have ever had even the 99p fray bentos steak and kidney ones in iceland taste better than the real pie company pies. not worth the money. pukka pies are far better and can cost as little as £1 each. tescos and sainsburys pies are nicer too just pay a little more than the basic brands

i had them this is my take on the real pie company. first they took over two weeks to come. they had no seasoning at all not any. the beef was as dry as old rope because the use brisket which is the toughest beef cut. if cooked well its ok but imo this was not cooked properly and does not work. there was two tiny cubes of chicken and very very little sauce.which had no taste. the pies are also quite small. the pastry is ok nothing special

i will testify in a court of law they are the worse pies i have ever had even the 99p fray bentos steak and kidney ones in iceland taste better than the real pie company pies. not worth the money. pukka pies are far better and can cost as little as £1 each. tescos and sainsburys pies are nicer too just pay a little more than the basic brands
Over priced and very poor quality. I make my own, buy the best produce I can and make my own pastry and they still work out less that half the price than the rip off merchants charge and I don't pay postage. BTW, I like fray bentos pies in the tin as well, not a lot of meat but full of taste

Last edited:
When one of my sons was at Uni he practically lived off the Fray Bentos pies in the tin. Whenever he came home he always returned to Uni with a couple of dozen Fray Bentos pies, equally as many tins of tuna and several large bags of pasta. Typical student !

I would never buy meat products from Q (especially after the Christmas Green Seasons debacle!) but am amazed these are so awful! They look delicious on screen! But they are very dear and I see no benefit in buying these over what they sell in M&S or Waitrose.

they do look good on the screen but they are not crammed to the crust as shown on the tv when they eventually arrive

I thought the stuffing very piddling and the guest did a slow reveal of one pie that was laughable. Making your own you can have your own ideal of ratio filling to pastry but these look all pastry and dry to me.

It's obvious from what I've seen that the pies in the demonstration are made especially, "cramming" them to the crust. I bought a pie maker a few years back and all I do is keep some pasty in and make my own. All started when I put what was left over of husbands roast in the maker to see what it was like, chicken veg and gravy, the some pastry on it and the pie turned out better than you could ever buy in a shop plus you know what's going in. The pie maker is great for sweet pies too.

It's obvious from what I've seen that the pies in the demonstration are made especially, "cramming" them to the crust. I bought a pie maker a few years back and all I do is keep some pasty in and make my own. All started when I put what was left over of husbands roast in the maker to see what it was like, chicken veg and gravy, the some pastry on it and the pie turned out better than you could ever buy in a shop plus you know what's going in. The pie maker is great for sweet pies too.

I have never even heard of a 'pie maker'.....sounds fun though! :mysmilie_5:

Just googled a pic of one, wonder if you can do gluten free pies in them.....gluten free pastry is a bit tricksy sometimes, so I tend to buy ready made pastry! :mysmilie_46:

Just googled a pic of one, wonder if you can do gluten free pies in them.....gluten free pastry is a bit tricksy sometimes, so I tend to buy ready made pastry! :mysmilie_46:

Yes that's what I do too, buy shop bought, ready made pastry. If you can buy gluten free pastry then you can make your own gluten free pies and tailor them to suit your own needs.

I like Morrison's pies, they do a good range and reasonably priced. For what QVC charge for p & p I can buy 6 pies and still have change.

I am Coelic as well, and yes the Gluten free home made pastry can be a bit tricky to work with as it doesn't have the same flexibility as normal pastry, but it's worth persevering with. I make my own pies using my pie maker, which makes 2 at a time. I have one last one left in the freezer and must start making some more shortly. My pie maker is a larger, deeper type ideal for home use. Pies measure 110 mm round x 70 mm deep. I make 18 at a time, and freeze them. GF pastry freezes really well. I use Dove Farm rice flour for pastry, and the same flour makes fantastic cheese biscuits, I have a nice recipe which is great, as shop bought biscuits cost a fortune, and full of sugar and fats. :mysmilie_59:

Thanks Dave, that's really helpful! I like the idea of making in bulk & freezing them! Will definitely look into these pie maker thingies!

:mysmilie_46: :mysmilie_59:

Thanks Dave, that's really helpful! I like the idea of making in bulk & freezing them! Will definitely look into these pie maker thingies!

:mysmilie_46: :mysmilie_59:
I got mine from "Coopers" from Bishop Stortford. They have a good website, or you can get a regular post delivery of the latest catalogue. From memory mine was about £20 delivered. Worth a look on their website. Enjoy!

I've twice ordered Real Pie Company's pies and they've not turned up. Neither did my recent order of mixed grill. I fear we have a pie/sausage thief in Scotland :mysmilie_1: Sadly it is not my little doggie who passed away about 6 weeks ago. It's really weird eating food without sharing it.

CC

Latest posts

Back