The race is on

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Also on the qvc tracking ,did it tract right till the end through various stages .Because as far as I know qvc does not do a Sunday delivery .

Because it arrived so early, I hadn't had chance to recheck the tracking on Q until after the courier had left. TBH I wasn't expecting the Q delivery today, so I didn't even ask her about it when she brought the other parcel.

I think accepting deliveries is becoming a bit of a nightmare. Increasingly all my deliveries appear to be Hermes, and if there are multiple packages, from more than one source, it seems you have to give the courier the third degree in order to be sure which order is being delivered.

I had an IW delivery which should have been 4 packages, but was only 3, yet the courier had it marked as all 4 delivered. I've got the refund for the missing package, but this must be happening all the time across the board. Some of it will be dishonesty, but the vast majority probably is simply down to human error.

As ever, it seems it's down to us as the recipients to do more than just sign - we have to question how many packages are listed for the delivery. But what do we do if the delivery is incomplete? You can't sign for it... but would it count as rejecting the delivery if you don't?? Has anyone else had that experience?

Stratobuddy - your recent poor experiences seem to illustrate that the procedures at the courier end of things are not tight enough. If they are being paid by both companies to deliver a service, they should be doing that, and keeping the tracking of the separate packages... separate!

Hermes have changed their delivery notifications. You can still track the order through your QVC e-mail to see what stage the delivery is at, now Hermes send their own e-mail, which, in my experience doesn't equal the first. I was horrified to read Hermes e-mail to discover a BOSE system was delivered to me and signed for. Before I could ring QVC the next morning, the item turned up (not by my regular driver and with no explaination) I didn't make that call to QVC as I put it down to a blip at a very busy time of year. Have to confess I was much relieved to receive the parcel. I can imagine the chaos this new system will bring, especially as Hermes state parcels are signed for. I can;t remember the last time I did that.

My last few Hermes deliveries said "signed for by customer" which was totally untrue, they didn't even ask me to sign.

I would have thanked for this post, but there was no button, so thanks for your input.

I think accepting deliveries is becoming a bit of a nightmare. Increasingly all my deliveries appear to be Hermes, and if there are multiple packages, from more than one source, it seems you have to give the courier the third degree in order to be sure which order is being delivered.

I had an IW delivery which should have been 4 packages, but was only 3, yet the courier had it marked as all 4 delivered. I've got the refund for the missing package, but this must be happening all the time across the board. Some of it will be dishonesty, but the vast majority probably is simply down to human error.

As ever, it seems it's down to us as the recipients to do more than just sign - we have to question how many packages are listed for the delivery. But what do we do if the delivery is incomplete? You can't sign for it... but would it count as rejecting the delivery if you don't?? Has anyone else had that experience?

Stratobuddy - your recent poor experiences seem to illustrate that the procedures at the courier end of things are not tight enough. If they are being paid by both companies to deliver a service, they should be doing that, and keeping the tracking of the separate packages... separate!

As you know, there have been loads of threads about the QVC "non-delivery declaration letter" so I won't repeat them.

What infuriated me was Q's standard "letter" response, because it seems to me that they never investigate the many missing items, they just wait for the "letter" (posted at your own expense) and then probably just claim on their insurance, so the missing items just keep happening as they are not investigated.

Stratobuddy - you're welcome! I also sometimes find that you can't thank or like something.

I think QVC need another telephone number line - purely for handling complaints about spurious signed for deliveries!
I've had relatively recent orders returned to QVC where the courier - Hermes - had made precisely ZERO attempts at delivery! No card in the main door (I live in a block of flats) or anything. I rang QVC just to check that these weren't going to count as returns on my account. What I found particularly bizarre was that one item I ordered was delivered while 2 almost identical items (dresses in different colours) were not - all ordered at the same time, on the same day by calling QVC. Hermes site was showing attempted deliveries that didn't exist. :mysmilie_10: It makes me angry - I hate being lied to and taken for a fool, even in an indirect way.

My Hermes guy expects me to sign for each of my parcel .If I am not in he signs as left in the box ( a safe place he has been assigned by me ,and now half the cul de sacs post is kept there ,so they say it's sub post office jokingly )

I had the dreaded happen with Hermes on Thursday (not a QVC item) - package left by front door step, I live at the top of a big street, on full view and it was supposed to be signed for and though not too expensive at £20 in value, was still absolutely annoying.

You can ask them to email you the letter. Print it, sign it, scan it and send it back. They don't offer that option but it can be done. I've done it. Speeds the process up a bit but I would chase to ensure they've received the email too to shove things along a bit.

I wish they would do click and collect at somewhere like Argos like EBay do, I work full time and am never at home when Hermes or anyone else delivers my parcels, luckily they don't insist on my signing for them and leave them with a kind neighbour most of the time, but I have had a lot of parcels thrown over my back gate, which is obviously not ideal, only one has gone missing and Q did refund me reasonably quickly, but the "return" letter thing is so outdated

PROGRESS REPORT

I contacted Hermes, they were useless. They said they did not have any contact info for their couriers, but even if they did, they wouldn't be allowed to tell me because of data protection. They said I would have to go via QVC.

I contacted Q again and got someone more helpful, and came to a satisfactory arrangement, which I may tell you about if this all works out.

In the meantime, the item has NOT come today so far, so it seems it was not a mistake by the courier.

If it doesn't turn up, I am quite serious about getting a crime number from the police, to give to Hermes and Q, because it is about time all these mysterious non-deliveries are properly investigated and someone is held to account.

They will be sending me "the letter" but I will then try to get it done by email, as suggested above.

Stratobuddy in the meantime if the item is in stock ,ask them to replace it .They usually do out of goodwill without taking money and they say if the item does come to give them a call .Similiar thing happened with my elemis Tsv ,Hermes did not deliver it and they replaced immediately but the item did turn up after couple of days and they made arrangement to collect it .This has happened to me with Royal Mail too where it goes missing and they replaced and when the letter came after few days I signed and returned .

PROGRESS REPORT

I contacted Hermes, they were useless. They said they did not have any contact info for their couriers, but even if they did, they wouldn't be allowed to tell me because of data protection. They said I would have to go via QVC.

I contacted Q again and got someone more helpful, and came to a satisfactory arrangement, which I may tell you about if this all works out.

In the meantime, the item has NOT come today so far, so it seems it was not a mistake by the courier.

If it doesn't turn up, I am quite serious about getting a crime number from the police, to give to Hermes and Q, because it is about time all these mysterious non-deliveries are properly investigated and someone is held to account.

They will be sending me "the letter" but I will then try to get it done by email, as suggested above.

Personally I would tell QVC you are going to the police.

I have never had an item delivered on a Sunday from Q or Hermes

I've had a few deliveries from Hermes on a Sunday and a couple were from QVC.

Fortunately, I've never had a problem with Hermes. If I'm out they know where the 'safe place' is and they always leave a card through the door. The postman also does the same.

I hope you get the issue resolved, stratobuddy, because clearly someone is accountable.

Latest posts

Back