The Presenters!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has the £10 Christmas bonus been stopped too? It’s been £10 since 1972 when £10 was equivalent to nearly a married couple’s weekly pension. I know because I used to collect my parents pensions and Mum used to use it for Christmas dinner and all the added treats. I use mine for a bottle of sherry or Baileys!

And in th meantime, older pensioners lost their free TV licences, most of them will lose the winter fuel payment, and now there is talk about the free bus pass as well.
Also talk of 25% council tax reduction for single occupiers being abolished, inheritance tax changes ( in their favour, obvs) and abolishing tax free lump sum pension. Isn't life grand ?!

I remember a woman I know said that the £10 way back actually paid a week's rent for her mum and got Xmas dinner.

Here in N.I. they did a consultation over free bus passes, disabled also get half price bus fares here. You have to apply for the pass and get a doctor's signature on the forum. The free pass you get at 60 you can travel all over N.I., once you hit 65 you get to travel all over the Republic as well and can even use the Dublin city bus service free. Oh, and this includes free rail travel. We get to keep them.

Has the £10 Christmas bonus been stopped too? It’s been £10 since 1972 when £10 was equivalent to nearly a married couple’s weekly pension. I know because I used to collect my parents pensions and Mum used to use it for Christmas dinner and all the added treats. I use mine for a bottle of sherry or Baileys!
No the magnificent £10 Christmas bonus will be paid. It must cost more to process and pay it and we must all be sooo grateful for it.

Please can somebody tell Melissa BA for Seasalt Cornwall that they are based in FALmouth as in PAL aand not FOLmouth as she insists on pronouncing it.
Can someone please tell her those Joe 90 glasses she wears aren't flattering.

I'm just looking at Morning Style and Katy looks better in the clothes than the models :oops:

CC

Can someone please tell her those Joe 90 glasses she wears aren't flattering.

I'm just looking at Morning Style and Katy looks better in the clothes than the models :oops:

CC
Huge glasses are a big thing with fifty-ish women. I'm not sure what kind of statement they're making by wearing them, but they're becoming more and more popular. I don't like them, especially in bright colours.

I wear glasses and I look ridiculous in all of them IMO. When I tried on thicker rims in the opticians everyone was doing a "dying fly". The assistant very politely steered me to thin rims.

CC

Ve been wearing glasses for 70+ years so have got to know what suits me. Worse ones for me were when you could only get small frames, absolute nightmare for varifocals.

Have been asked on many occasions why I don’t wear contact lenses. My glasses feel part of me and I’d look odd without them. Also I just can’t bear the thought of putting them in and out everyday.

Latest posts

Back