The Presenters!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has the £10 Christmas bonus been stopped too? It’s been £10 since 1972 when £10 was equivalent to nearly a married couple’s weekly pension. I know because I used to collect my parents pensions and Mum used to use it for Christmas dinner and all the added treats. I use mine for a bottle of sherry or Baileys!

And in th meantime, older pensioners lost their free TV licences, most of them will lose the winter fuel payment, and now there is talk about the free bus pass as well.
Also talk of 25% council tax reduction for single occupiers being abolished, inheritance tax changes ( in their favour, obvs) and abolishing tax free lump sum pension. Isn't life grand ?!

I remember a woman I know said that the £10 way back actually paid a week's rent for her mum and got Xmas dinner.

Here in N.I. they did a consultation over free bus passes, disabled also get half price bus fares here. You have to apply for the pass and get a doctor's signature on the forum. The free pass you get at 60 you can travel all over N.I., once you hit 65 you get to travel all over the Republic as well and can even use the Dublin city bus service free. Oh, and this includes free rail travel. We get to keep them.

Latest posts

Back