The Presenters!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Luttee

Registered Shopper
What is happening with TSV. I can rarely watch it as I can't stand most of the presenters:

Victoria Fitzgerald - Urghh.. the girl you would hate at school with the winey voice and fake laugh and smile. Makes my skin crawl
Awfelia Dennis - can't stand her common voice and dropping vowels - coming up in the next owwaahhh....
Chloe Everton - at least we are having a break from her hopping all over the studio like a 6 year old
Can't stand all the Birmingham accents
Can't stand all the Northern Irish accents
Now Mícheál Murphy is back - I give up!

What is happening with TSV. I can rarely watch it as I can't stand most of the presenters:

Victoria Fitzgerald - Urghh.. the girl you would hate at school with the winey voice and fake laugh and smile. Makes my skin crawl
Awfelia Dennis - can't stand her common voice and dropping vowels - coming up in the next owwaahhh....
Chloe Everton - at least we are having a break from her hopping all over the studio like a 6 year old
Fitzgerald's voice is dreadful, but not as grating as Kramer's imo. Goodness knows how she got a job on TV. The same with Dennis, but I think she's improving a bit. Murphy's voice doesn't hurt my ears, but the worst of all is AY. The sweetest voice imo, is Nairn's, although it can often sound ingratiating and quite condescending. The nicest voice of all is Cragie's.

Yes I think is probably time for you to give up watching QVC and find a more satisfying hobby. I recommend audible books. I listen to them while I clean, tidy, garden, clean car, go for walk etc.
I now only watch QVC if I want to buy something and mostly on the recording with the sound muted.
Life is too short to allow presenters to irritate you.

Yes I think is probably time for you to give up watching QVC and find a more satisfying hobby. I recommend audible books. I listen to them while I clean, tidy, garden, clean car, go for walk etc.
I now only watch QVC if I want to buy something and mostly on the recording with the sound muted.
Life is too short to allow presenters to irritate you.
But if you are interested in what's being presented, a person's unpleasant voice and selling technique can put you off.

Oh, dear. The OP sounds like one of those outraged of middle Englanders from the 1950s who at the thought of anyone with a regional accent is allowed on TV or radio. Oh, as for old Denis, he is Canadian and that is how they speak.

By the way I am from Northern Ireland. I shall now go and make sure never to speak to anyone ever again.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

IMO the my least favourite ones who result in me turning off and therefore not buying.
Eyelid Naan (plus being insincere)
Biagi (also for insincerity)
Victoria Knowit all
Squeaky Beaky Laura (the brummie girl who’s just back after baby)
The BA for Julien McDonald (can’t understand what she’s saying)
Awphelia
Smarmy Lee (Diamonique BA)
AY with her incessant wittering about 1001 different genders

In fact I’d be better stating those I like and don’t turn off
Jacky Kabler, Julia Roberts, Will Gowling & Pipa Gordon and Mikael Murphy.The rest are ok.

Moan over.🤣

But if you are interested in what's being presented, a person's unpleasant voice and selling technique can put you off.
That is why I watch the videos with the sound muted and fast forward to the bits that might tell me what I need to see.
What I am trying to say is that QVC is no longer any form of entertainment, just as Tesco or M&S aren’t, just places to shop when I want or need to.
As I said, I listen to audible books, podcasts, bbbc sounds etc. I switched off QVC when it became annoying.
I agree that their voices and presenting styles can be off putting so I don’t listen. However, QVC won’t change unless many more people switch off. So long as the profits keep coming in, they will keep allowing the presenters to continue with their ways.
If QVC won’t change, then I will.

I thank every day that regional accents are no longer taboo.I was mocked when I left Northern England for college in the Midlands with students from Southern areas in the mid 1960’s.I even considered having elocution lessons! I remember Lorraine Kelly being a reporter on regional TV and had to switch her off.Her accent was toned down.It is the pitch of a voice and everyone on T V should listen to how they come over and any irritating sound or mannerisms can be dealt with.

I thank every day that regional accents are no longer taboo.I was mocked when I left Northern England for college in the Midlands with students from Southern areas in the mid 1960’s.I even considered having elocution lessons! I remember Lorraine Kelly being a reporter on regional TV and had to switch her off.Her accent was toned down.It is the pitch of a voice and everyone on T V should listen to how they come over and any irritating sound or mannerisms can be dealt with.
It's not the accent that puts me off. It's the decibel level and the haranguing tone. On the other hand, I dislike Ruth Langsford's over ennunciation. It's all very subjective who's voice we like or dislike.

Latest posts

Back