The original line up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tristarMk11

Registered Shopper
Just reading Julia's book and how her and Jon Briggs were the first on air presenters but I would like to know what the original presenter line up was?

I remember briggsy and steve whatley whatters. qvc was a lot less polished then but more fun

Katy John too, I think. There must have been some more. Know there were less presenters then though. Kara Tritton may have been another one of the original 'cast'

John Briggs, Julia, Katy, Suzanne Evetts, Paul Lavers, Whatters, Kara Tritton.
They were the originals, Julian joined them a bit later on.

I forgot about Suzanne Evetts, I remember her as being very dull, no kind of personality at all. I wonder what she is doing now. Was Alison Young there?

Can't think what year I joined but it was Julia & Lavers..think Steve Whatley had gone..did he go to IW? Don't know Suzanne or Katy ..do remember Kara Tritton tho.

paul lavers was a hoot...you never knew what was going to happen next

Paul was tv shopping gold. Loved his hours 'in the salon with Alison' they were very funny.

Paul did the odd Ideal show last year and voice overs but he has not done a =n hour for ages so think he has left, again.

that he was boffy! Is he still on IW, I read he was joining up, but as I watch rarely I've never seen him.. I know he's an old ham, but he makes me laugh!

Yes Alison Young was there from the start, and Richard Jackson and Harry Green, they used to have Greg and Max in the kitchen (I have vague memories there might have been another male kitchen presenter before them / at the same time as well - middle aged but can't remember his name), Jilly Halliday and Julian arrived quite soon afterwards and Debbie Flint of course...

They only had a quite a small limited amount of items in those early days - I remember months of Richard Jackson selling an orange tree kit... (basically some orange pips lol) and Kara Tritton selling the same Limoges pottery items...

Last edited:
I can remember as a teenager living in Hertfordshire that long before QVC started Paul Lavers was an in vision continuity announcer for ITV Anglia Television. He was very funny, much more carefree than most of the other announcers. I haven't seen him in years.

Talking of early guests, Noella herself used to appear with elemis when it first came to Q. Carolyn Taylor did decleor with Sally Stokes as therapist. Amanda Birch did gatineau long before Andrew took over as presenter,talking of which, wonder what happened to Marion his original therapist on the shows.

Didnt Zandra Rhodes appear very early on, and as a regular. Seeing her with her handbags recently on qvc got me to remembering

I was gonna say Rob Locke - but thinking about it I think maybe he was a year or two down the line :thinking:

Rob was a few years down the line yes. I somehow recollect Zandra doing clothes, they kind of looked like pyjamas but thought they were leisure wear maybe? it was alongtime ago but something with butterflies.

Latest posts

Back