The no lippy look

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Now if you are young and fresh faced this is a real good look - you know the one - "I don't have a drop of make up on" but IMO not one for the "older lady".

When Julia does this she looks very drawn

Ann Dawson looked dreadful today.

All made up down to the nose and then NOTHING. (above the nose wasn't good either but that is another thing)

Pipa could just about get away with it - others should go get the freebies and complete the job.

Thought this was last years look - surprised it has continued on this year.

I'm ..ahem..! an "older lady" and I can't do the no lippy look at all, I look dead - I'm pale, with silver hair, and I'm a Winter, colour-wise, so you won't catch me without the bright pink thru claret lippy any day of the week!

The no lippy look is more like the corpse look unless the lips are naturally pink and plumptious, and how many women are that blessed??

Lipstick is the one make up item I can't do without or rather won't do without, not too bothered about mascara though I do use it sometimes, but lipstick brightens your whole face.

odd one out here. i hate it. it's the only item of make up you can 'feel' and the only item that smams off over everything. yuk. makes me feel like mick jagger if i wear it. i personally think it's only the young who can pull it off although even then it looks so....false. as for wrinkles, thin lips and a gooey mouth...yuk. older women look like bet lynch. jmo.

The no lippy look is more like the corpse look unless the lips are naturally pink and plumptious, and how many women are that blessed??

:angel: Oh the smugness I could feel after merciless bullying at school. Bet they are all injected with fillers now. :mysmilie_500:

Not much of a lippie person, I buy them but rarely wear them. TBH most of the time I just forget about them and actually tend to stash lipgloss in various bags & jacket pockets so I can apply some later. I'd love to rock a perfect red lippy or even a lovely strong pink but I have really full lips and it makes me feel self-conscious :-( Love super-pale pink but I'm not sure it actually does much for me!

Not much of a lippie person, I buy them but rarely wear them. TBH most of the time I just forget about them and actually tend to stash lipgloss in various bags & jacket pockets so I can apply some later. I'd love to rock a perfect red lippy or even a lovely strong pink but I have really full lips and it makes me feel self-conscious :-( Love super-pale pink but I'm not sure it actually does much for me!

You are so lucky to have full lips. Mine are getting thinner by the year and no matter how hard I try, any attempt to make them look fuller looks absolutely clown- like, so I have now given up trying!

It seems there's not much hope for us women "of-a-certain-age" when we're advised that we shouldn't do this and shouldn't do that. Let's just go with what makes US feel good and happy and just ignore the so-called 'rules and regulations'!! Yes, I know it's likely to upset others but we're only on this earth once so let's throw caution to the wind and just enjoy it........:wink:

I never wear lipstick but I do wear lipgloss although for the most part I just use lip balm. But actually wearing no lipstick looks better on me than wearing a nude lipstick.

And whilst I do have very pink quite full lips I did get teased a bit as a teenager which wasn't much fun. And now I'm often asked if I've had my lips "done" to which the answer is "no I ****** haven't" lol.

I quite like my lips but especially for work I just tend to stick with a more natural look - my upper lip is ok but my lower lip.... Ah well, I should just be glad it makes my pout more convincing!

I don't like the feel of lipstick, never wear it unless I'm expecting visitors or going out but it needs to be a fairly bright colour to lift my "certain age" complexion.

Ihave given up with lipstick, used to love it but now my mouth seems to be shrinking and lipstick just emphasises this. I guess it is a swings and roundabouts thing with the ageing process, I have very few lines and good bone strucuture but my lips are like an old lady now. Just make up my eyes and smile a lot!!

Ihave given up with lipstick, used to love it but now my mouth seems to be shrinking and lipstick just emphasises this. I guess it is a swings and roundabouts thing with the ageing process, I have very few lines and good bone strucuture but my lips are like an old lady now. Just make up my eyes and smile a lot!!

Ditto.
Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I just use the pink Blistex lip brilliance for moisture that's all. Anything more exotic is flogging a dead horse lol

well my eyes are behind specs every waking moment and I only use a shadow base (to erase the purple skin!) and mascara on my top lashes, so I need my lippy to liven me up!

See, it just goes to show that you have to enliven your best feature

hmm, wouldn't say my mouth was my best feature..! My eyes are...dark, long black lashes - bedroom eyes my old Mum used to say..! So they have to be hidden behind specs..!!

well whatever lipstick I wear I need a lip liner to cover the lace look edges of my ever thinning lips have.......and would love to find something that stops bleeding ..I`ve never smoked in my life and I can`t sunbathe either but that hasn`t stopped the feathering on my lip line ..of all places to age as I don`t have lots of other wrinkles considering my age !! Just my bad luck I suppose!!

Latest posts

Back