The most expensive item ever........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When they are asking that sort of money why do they charge £4.95 for p&P... just sort of looks petty against the value.

Also, when spending over £28k why would you buy off the telly when you can visit a variety of higher end shops and look at a range of items and then make your choice from there? I really just don't understand.

Perhaps it was the thirty day mbg that did it. She just wore it a couple of times and returned it

Apparently it comes with a certificate that says it's replacement value is $55000. So JR said at the current exchange rate that means it is worth £10000 more than it costs. She actually said on air that effectively you are SAVING £10000 buy purchasing it.

Maybe that reviewer has a 'new for old' insurance policy and fancies a bit of white collar crime.

Apparently it comes with a certificate that says it's replacement value is $55000. So JR said at the current exchange rate that means it is worth £10000 more than it costs. She actually said on air that effectively you are SAVING £10000 buy purchasing it.

Maybe that reviewer has a 'new for old' insurance policy and fancies a bit of white collar crime.

Im surprised she didnt say with the money your saving you can buy my book for friends, family and teachers ;)

The reviewer said her pearls came with surprises, maybe it was a weekend away with Dale:)puke: ) and she was allowed to keep the car that brought the pearls to her house.

The reviewer also has the 3k tanzanite pendant and gives it five stars unlike others who have commented on the closure on it.
I'm not sure the reviewer is genuine

Well,somebody has bought them as they're no longer available

Who on earth spends that sort of money on pearls from QVC? :taphead:

My DD has just said, looking at Gem Day, "Why would you spend £1,500 on a ring on Q. You want the experience of sitting in the jewellers........" I have just shown her fredab's link! She is still trying to comprehend it. I am imagining the thump to the floor after it is shoved through the letter box!

As mentioned earlier surely it counts as "seconds" after being draped round JR and all and sundry who have handled it! Just because something is expensive it doesn't mean it is tasteful.

Aww, don't keep me in suspense - how much is this then? I can see the item but it says "no longer available" and there is no price detail.

This 'reviewer' must have in the region of 60K worth of jewellery from Q? I know it is everyone's choice as to how they spend their money but really?

For over 26 grand I`d book a luxury holiday somewhere in the South seas and buy my own pearl necklace in situ and wear it whilst sipping cocktails by a poolside with a handsome waiter at my beck and call. I`m sure you could by one cheaper over there and the difference would pay for the holiday. B*gger buying from Q on a cold windy day in front of the TV. If you`re gonna pay out so much money then at least spend it in style. As for me, well I`ll stick to Ebay for my pearls lol

I don't think the reviewer is genuine either. But, if they are, and if they are multi-millionnaires who like their pearls, what would the same item cost from a Bond Street jeweller? My husband said (once he had picked himself up off the floor) that maybe she really wanted to buy that kind of pearl and the Q price was better than Bond Street. It takes all sorts, and I if I liked them and lusted after them and had millions in the bank...I would do the holiday Vienna suggests. However she would then have bliddy import duty and VAT unless she snook them through customs...

Edit: just remembered what's been bugging me! WILLMA FLINTSTONE!!!

Last edited:
A site called Pearls Only do golden south sea pearl necklaces. A necklace of the same sized pearls AAA+ quality, same length is £15k on their site. As for buying abroad, well if you buy it, wear it whilst you`re there, travel home in it, then customs don`t have a clue whether its 2 weeks old or 20 years old. I once bought a pair of ruby earrings from Mauritius and wore them home, mind you they didn`t cost £26K and were hardly mega sized but ssssh don`t tell customs : )

Lol but what about the rest of the stash in your spare suitcase Vienna!!!
I was lucky once too ;) but Victoria Beckham got nabbed with her engagement ring because she posed for the cameras flashing her rock for all to see before she came home!

I know if you have as much money as that why would you care, but I think a fool and his money are soon parted and no matter how wealthy you still should seek out the best deals not just p**s it away (scuse French).

Latest posts

Back