The Great Summer Clearance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
What a joke......most reductions are an insult to our intelligence especially when you take into account the P&P costs! For goodness sake, it's time QVC moved with the times and accepted that lots of companies offer FREE (yes FREE!) P&P and FREE (yes FREE!) Returns. Plus, they aren't trying to flog a load of tat at over-inflated prices!!!

They rolled out the awful block colour dress which they do every clearance. They should give up or reduce it to a tenner then it might shift.
I agree though many items cannot be said to be reduced when you add in the postage. They are mostly overpriced to start with.

As I have said before Fashion and QVC are a running joke.

Just completed a survey for them covered home,beauty and fashion. No prisoners taken. Said their fashion is a joke and over priced. They should go for a good quality reasonably priced ranges that all women can wear.

I should imagine the "sale" is the same now as when I used to shop with them many, many moons ago (never fashion though) were many of the "clearance" prices are just introductory prices in disguise.

For a while, they had 3 beauty options...none of which were even close to being reduced in price???!!! They obviously twigged that nobody was going to be that dumb and removed them from the 'summer clearance' page!

The sale is good for a laugh :taphead: we do know they are not selling at a loss.

Mmm the great Summer tat clearance which preceeds the great Christmas tat clearance, most of it at too high a price and with silly p and p. Maybe Q should rename the C in their title to clearance ?

Mmm the great Summer tat clearance which preceeds the great Christmas tat clearance, most of it at too high a price and with silly p and p. Maybe Q should rename the C in their title to clearance ?

Some of the items in this sale were in the Christmas sale! There's a Bob Mackie shirt that me and my cousin couldn't stop laughing at on Boxing Day, it's in the sale again, so awful that they couldn't get rid of them twice :mysmilie_17:

I don't buy "fashion" (for want of a better term, even though it's not the best description) from QVC but I just had a look online as I was curious, knowing how other items in clearance have laughably small discounts. To be fair, as well as the items with 10% or less off, I noted some with about 40% off (probably been languishing in the back of the warehouse for years so even QVC are desperate to get rid). However, having just bought a selection of sale clothing from M&S online with around 50% off, some in more than one size so I can get the best fit and knowing I don't have to pay another £4/£5 for each different size because of Q's daft P&P system, there's no comparison for me. I would have had to pay about £20 P&P from QVC whereas it's free delivery to my local M&S store and I can return any or all of it for free too. And that's not taking into account the look and quality. Why would I be tempted by Q's offerings??

(Apologies to anyone who likes/buys QVC clothing. I'm sure some of it is good but this is why they don't tempt me.)

I just got 3 pairs of leggings and a dress in the IW sale for £31 including postage. Leggings are fine for my slob or housework days and £4.99 a pair was pretty good. Even Asda cheapies are £6. Dress was reasonable as well and 14 day MBG. Only seen a cardi today on Q that I might get so I can wear my short sleeve dresses in the colder months (a woolly one, not stretchy). All that stretchy stuff makes you REALLY hot (well, makes me really hot - hot as in warm, not whoo hooo :mysmilie_14:).

CC

I just got 3 pairs of leggings and a dress in the IW sale for £31 including postage. Leggings are fine for my slob or housework days and £4.99 a pair was pretty good. Even Asda cheapies are £6. Dress was reasonable as well and 14 day MBG. Only seen a cardi today on Q that I might get so I can wear my short sleeve dresses in the colder months (a woolly one, not stretchy). All that stretchy stuff makes you REALLY hot (well, makes me really hot - hot as in warm, not whoo hooo :mysmilie_14:).

CC

Me too, I'll only buy my clothes from IW or the high street. IW clothes suit my lifestyle, they're very stylish, wash well and most of all, cheap p&p and free reruns. :mysmilie_3:

Me too, I'll only buy my clothes from IW or the high street. IW clothes suit my lifestyle, they're very stylish, wash well and most of all, cheap p&p and free reruns. :mysmilie_3:

Ideal world were doing a great offer last week. You put in a special code and got free p+p on some fashion items. I honestly don't know how QVC can call it clearance. It's as bad as BHS and their closing down sale, "everything at least 20% off." You used to do better on their special promotion days. Some of the savings on QVC only add up to a couple of quid, hardly a sodding saving. I just like to watch the shows and have a laugh especially when Chuntly says that the ' saving isn't that much but it does cover the P+P costs so it's worth it for that.' Or words to that effect!

Ideal world were doing a great offer last week. You put in a special code and got free p+p on some fashion items. I honestly don't know how QVC can call it clearance. It's as bad as BHS and their closing down sale, "everything at least 20% off." You used to do better on their special promotion days. Some of the savings on QVC only add up to a couple of quid, hardly a sodding saving. I just like to watch the shows and have a laugh especially when Chuntly says that the ' saving isn't that much but it does cover the P+P costs so it's worth it for that.' Or words to that effect!

Me too WS, I feel exactly the same. Ideal World are now introducing free returns too, so wonder what Chuntleys excuse would be why the multi-global/multi-million dollar American company that is QVCUK can't offer their customers the same considering they're paying over the odds on everything as it is, but I'm like you I'm a channel hopper.

Just imagine how many times that old stock has been in and out of the warehouse as returns and yet they still are charging top whack.

Every other company uses a sale to clear their stores to allow space for new current ranges but not good old Q, they just dig out another 20feet of warehouse and dump it all in just to drag out next year.

Imagine what archaeologists will make of all the layers when they excavate Liverpool in the 2100 version of Time Team

Why not buy this interesting talking point for your garden?

Sara Griffiths, unlikeable and insightful as ever, added 'it looks like an Artist's Artwork'.

Is that an Artist as in an Artist who drinks too much? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Just turned over to have a look and the silly woman has said "adorn your garden with the solar light metal pig for when you get your family and friends round for a barbecue" :mysmilie_15: yes that's right Sarah G, remind your friends and family exactly what they're flame grilling, having the poor little things staring you in the face as their flesh burns on the grill........oh eh you couldn't make it up could you. :mysmilie_15:

Just turned over to have a look and the silly woman has said "adorn your garden with the solar light metal pig for when you get your family and friends round for a barbecue" :mysmilie_15: yes that's right Sarah G, remind your friends and family exactly what they're flame grilling, having the poor little things staring you in the face as their flesh burns on the grill........oh eh you couldn't make it up could you. :mysmilie_15:

They were selling some enormous Tulip LED Garden Lamps. She said that from a distance they 'carry a natural bloom'.

They were massive, not to mention they lit up. She's awful, she's not hysterical banshee awful but good grief, she's not at all warm or engaging :mysmilie_59:

They were selling some enormous Tulip LED Garden Lamps. She said that from a distance they 'carry a natural bloom'.

They were massive, not to mention they lit up. She's awful, she's not hysterical banshee awful but good grief, she's not at all warm or engaging :mysmilie_59:

Oh yes, they're the ones she suggested you split up and give an £11.50 (inc p&p) solar stake light as a teachers gift, could you imagine a non watching QVC teacher, of which there are many, thinking you didn't just pop to the Pound Shop for it? Not that there's anything wrong with getting your teacher a present from the Pound Shop, absolutely not it's the thought that counts, but why pay £11.50 when you can get away with a quid.

Latest posts

Back